Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

The Speed Of Push/pull

I found a rare forge abandoned in a decayed shack.  I took upon myself the chore of pushing this forge over 180 tiles to my deed.  I calculated my approximate speed at 60 tiles per hour with two of my toons pushing at the same time.  Just wanted to pass on the info.

Cheers.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

Pulling things with horses etc could be handy, even if its still a little slow. Push/pull is stupid for long distance.
Also no reason why animials cant tow catapults

So, assuming you had full stamina each action and didn't stop, that's 1 tile per 2 minutes, or 1/30th of a tile per push. Or did you mean 60 tiles per hour per person? In which case it's actually 1/15th of a tile per push. :P

Im all for increasing the speed and distance; though, Ive used it to hijack ships, so a tad biased there :ph34r:

• Like 1

Pulling things with horses etc could be handy, even if its still a little slow. Push/pull is stupid for long distance.

Also no reason why animials cant tow catapults

Good idea. 

I could see this as a handy feature; being able to hook up a rope to item then item/rope to cart to drag away items. It would help with cleaning up old abandon areas, helping players move or settle in, and among other things that I think would add more good to the game rather then bad.

now i know it took me 10.5hours to push my rowboats..

Maybe one day we can pick up forges and beds?

• Like 1

Maybe increase/decrease the push/pull timer based on the weight of the object you're trying to move?

Push/Pull/Turn are used for aligning objects on a tile and need to be small increments. What you need is a BIG_PUSH added to the game that moves the object 1 tile each time.

Edited by zorako
  • Like 1

I am all for increasing the movement mechanism, for things like chests and beds, anytime. FOrges, ovens and stepmothers... these things were never meant to be moved or disturbed.

now i know it took me 10.5hours to push my rowboats..

Maybe one day we can pick up forges and beds?

MADNESS!

;)

I'd be already happy if we could pick up the "lighter" stuff like large chests, large barrels and looms.

But yeah, I wouldnt mind pushing and pulling in general would go a bit faster, especially when push/pulling my knarr through cavecanals openings X_X

So, assuming you had full stamina each action and didn't stop, that's 1 tile per 2 minutes, or 1/30th of a tile per push. Or did you mean 60 tiles per hour per person? In which case it's actually 1/15th of a tile per push. :P

Stam was not always maxed as I had 'P' keyed to push and just hopped from left monitor to right monitor queuing up actions.  Also, I had a large cart nearby to hop into in case a troll or something came up, so I had to stop a few times to reposition the cart.  That said, it was not imperical, just thought it was interesting that two toons could manage about 60 tiles an hour working on pushing a single item.  Cutting the tile count in half for a single toon would make it about 30 tiles an hour.

Since Vynora loves pavement, I think it would be neat if Vynora priests had a spell to push items across paved tiles (only paved tiles).  Perhaps "Vynora's Glide" which would move an item across pavement 1 whole tile at a cost of 2 favor each with no cool-down.  Or, as others have suggested, a BIG push that any premium player could get at a certain Body Strength (say 23?) that would push an item on any tile 1 whole tile.

Or, just let us pick up forges, ovens, coffins, etc. with certain BS requirements.

• Like 1

Atleast on your own deed if you want to move something you shouldn't have to put up with pushing/pulling AT ALL, only for positioning stuff on one tile.

Offdeed i'm not sure since i don't really know in how far it could be abused, but even there a littlebit faster/further wouldn't hurt.

This is another one of those things that simply are tedious as hell and don't make any fun at all. There HAS to be a better way.

If its going to take that long to push something I want some skill for it.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that strength doesn't come into factor somehow.
I always thought it might, but .. evidently not.

I have to say i admire Eyesgood's Tenancity, but I actually think it Breaks immersion seeing someone push a forge along the road, such things should be handled by horse and cart and require at least two people to load the cart also, a damage value should be added for the loading and unloading  of such items that gives a small chance of destruction (Every now and again your going to drop it)and further such items should suffer a small amount fo damage over distance whilst in the cart..

+1 for concept of a draft horse with harness being able to be hitched to drag a large item such as boat or forge, etc.

+1 for concept of a draft horse with harness being able to be hitched to drag a large item such as boat or forge, etc.

That is a concept that requires a lot of design and implementation time. IMO it can be solved more easily.

First of all I don't see too many realism nazis slash masochists complaining that one can keep an unfinished forge in one's pocket until the very last ingredient is added, and that you can even walk and run with it, and but then blam! it suddenly becomes a huge immovable item. But OK, if we need to cater to the selective realism nazis to the bitter end, then we can use the '"hitch" mechanism: bring large cart to an unmovable, pocket-craftable item lilke a forge, right-click to open menu, choose "load onto cart". For those who can't live without pain, make this feature only appear when teamed up with someone.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "hitch" command being added to things like forges and ovens, still have to lead the horse and it moves at  15% its normal speed.  maybe a new leather harness used in place of a saddle could be required? maybe an additional 2% each for carry more, strong legs, and unusually strong and healthy?  Kinda rough but could be interesting if thought through a little more.

+1 as well