Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

Traps Stay Set Longer So They Are More Useful

Trapping is tough because for all the effort required if you set a trap it will only stay there for a little while before it decays into nothing and dissapears. They lose effectiveness also very quikly from high damage when set. It makes them unviable really. Now if someone disarms it cool but otherwise I am suggesting we change it so that they will remain set for a loonger time.

Trappin aint dead.

Edited by Suntzu

Definitely.

I've only seen traps used successfully a handful of times, quality should play a factor in how long they last also.

+1 from me.

+1 I've never seen a trap actually used and it would be great if these lasted a few weeks so they see some use

Why not keep traps as they are offdeed and give them greatly reduced decay ondeed? (or no decay at all). This would make them nice defensive additions, while avoiding random fields of traps serving no purpose besides being annoying.

• Like 1

I think decay should be reduced on and offdeed, but more of a reduction ondeed. I've also only seen them used successfully once or twice, and I'd enjoy having them as a larger part of pvp, because wurm pvp could always use more strategic thinking and planning.

The fear of random 'griefer' minefields of traps is moot, because they only hit enemy kingdoms. 

They need to last a couple days at least at the highest efficiency, then start decaying down for a week or two after that, depending on quality

The fear of random 'griefer' minefields of traps is moot, because they only hit enemy kingdoms. 

Actually they trigger too if the guy walking in the tile is on the kos list of the trapper's village.

Actually they trigger too if the guy walking in the tile is on the kos list of the trapper's village.

Even better, can be used to defend your deed against same kingdom groups too.

I've seen traps last over a week.

Which traps, and did they actually do anything after a day or two.

One of the huge issues with them is in around a day or two even high ql traps will be decayed down to doing pretty much nothing

Edited by Kagrenac