Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Kyklops

I'm impressed, that dragon actually looks reasonably close to the one on the front page, well done.

Why are you doing sea serpent models when there was only ever one?

Kyklops looks good though maybe add some rotten teeth?

Because it's a creature/animal in the game and we are replacing em all if you haven't noticed.

No! The teeth he has are fine!

and please stop trolling!

I'd rather see the other metal chain bardings before Kyklops...    :P

Looks cool, but unless there are secret plans (I can hope) I'll probably never see one. The dragon looks great, though pretty much the same with that too, 

oh god you are a pain in the ....  :D

And it wasn't even sarcasm :'(

Because it's a creature/animal in the game and we are replacing em all if you haven't noticed.

No! The teeth he has are fine!

and please stop trolling!

Wox I am not trolling, there was only ever 1 serpent and it was killed, no one has ever seen another,,,, same as the shark.... Sorry if you think I am trolling. The serpent was a one off creature so when I asked if you were going to re implement them it was a serious question, mate.

Cyclops looks great, Love the sneak peeks. An idea, How about adding The ability to see Dyed Armour when worn? My great helm and shield are black when I drop them, but not when I wear them..........

I can see the reasoning from the art team to do the models for these regardless - they are a feature that could possibly appear in the game, and therefore should look good. It's up to someone else to decide if and when they actually appear...

As for the priority, I'm not too bothered. There's nothing currently that I encounter and think "ugh that looks bad, it should be updated".

Few things come to mind to me Forges and ovens sticking thru floors and any other object above it. Stone walls sticking thru floors below. I can surely say ugh that looks bad and should be fixed. I do understand that all these things need to be done and they should be done. Normally I would not have a issue so much with it but I feel that those forges and walls are something that new people will see fairly soon after making a house with more than 1 floor.

Wox I am not trolling, there was only ever 1 serpent and it was killed, no one has ever seen another,,,, same as the shark.... Sorry if you think I am trolling. The serpent was a one off creature so when I asked if you were going to re implement them it was a serious question, mate.

I got killed by a Sea Serpent on day one of Cele opening. I was not happy.

talkin' about Libila.. I heard rumor that Rolf want it to be an old hag :( ... Can we settle on that she is normally pretty (deceit) but become ugly when angry (vengeance)? xD I slightly remember one game where you facing an enemy that do that... a pretty lady but when attacking it turn to scary old hag... was.. surprising neverthless :D .

The dragon looks nice in game it seems, albeit I still feel it is too generic :X .... I love more of the wurm's unique creatures like lava fiend and hellhound...

Edited by rosedragon

We have one on pristine that has tossed me around more then my fair share :-(

More models being done before needed models. 

Sometimes I wonder if you guys just do whatever the hell you feel like rather then whats actually needed and wanted.

• Like 3

Wow give them a break , they don't have to share any current working models and just because you want something doesn't mean it is a higher priority, they are most likely following a category plan so doesn't matter how rare something in that category is it is getting done. And people wonder why we get so few art updates people so quick to bash the dev team then to thank them for their time, you have a  suggestion put it in the right thread, otherwise say thank you when they do share or nothing at all.

• Like 9

I think you guys really don't appreciate what they do for you they sit around and do this stuff for us all day and all y'all do is hate. They dont HAVE to do this, they don't have to be a wurm developer and they dont have to take your **** they help develop the game rolf owns it, they can feel free to do with it what they want, just because you pay any  money doesn't mean you own the game. Jesus Christ. They have prioritized models and animations for a long time and they needs to be finished before they go onto the next thing , Now Stop hatting. 

We are replacing existing creatures and Kyklops are one of the last one because it so rare.

Still in the pipeline are rooster, chicken, shark, Libila, dragons, wraith, worg, sea serpent.

Hmm maybe should add a screen of the dragon.

weren't the shark and sea serpent taken out of the game? I haven't heard about anyone seeing one scence Deliverance was opened..............  I thought it was safe to sail around heheeheheheh

They weren't taken out of the game, they were thrown out.

They are semi uniques like the dragons, we killed them all.

As for why are they making them: The art team is exactly doing what we usually criticize about Rolf and Co: they finish the job they started (redoing animals) before doing the next one.

However I agree that someone should do non exiting items asap, there are enough people for that.

• Like 1

If the models are redone ,why not actually use them in a semi-rare spawn? I am sure many people would like to see a rare spawn roaming around from time to time. Actually make use of the new models and give a needed excitement value to hunting and traveling the countryside.

• Like 1

i wouldn't mind seeing them respawn once every 6 months or a year.

pfff  ye and you can obviously see the whole body with your  x-ray monitor   :lol:

There are one on Serenity!

Kings robes  no ETA  sorry

Was on Pristine too, was tamed lol and a huge drama over it because another wanted to kill it lol idk if they actually killed it after or what but yeah it was still there for quite some time.

i wouldn't mind seeing them respawn once every 6 months or a year.

+1 to that, I'd love to see uniques respawn even if not the same name to keep some uniqueness but similar unique mobs like maybe a silver dragon or pegasus O.o lol