Sign in to follow this  
Meyfei

Impalong For Inde!

Impalong for Inde!  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Impalong for Inde!
    • No!
    • Impalong for those who do not wish to leave inde? Hosted by those from inde who do not wish to leave?

Short and sweet, Vote if you feel like having an Imp-along on Inde on a smaller "local*" scale, while deli has their own.

"Local" - Inde as a whole

I would say no.. Just because I want as many people as possible in Deli..  :)

If people need a lift I may consider picking a few people up and taking them home after ;)

Hosting another Impalong at the same time as the Deliverance one is not the best idea, it will only server to split the people that travel to Impalongs into going to either one. It is actually annoying me that people keep going off about having to travel from Independence to Deliverance, when people have been hauling themselves all the way up to central Independence for how many years? Just accept that it will be on Deliverance this year please, and maybe it will be hosted back on Independence next year. It is just easier to travel to Deliverance then it is all the way to central Independence.

• Like 3

doesn't matter if this happen or not. There already three impalongs this year. :P

Well the point is that this one is hosted at the same time and would thus would take away from the amount of players on the Deliverance one. I still don't understand why people are so upset over Independence not having the Christmas one this year.

Well the point is that this one is hosted at the same time and would thus would take away from the amount of players on the Deliverance one. I still don't understand why people are so upset over Independence not having the Christmas one this year.

Tradition

• Like 1

doesn't matter if this happen or not. There already three impalongs this year. :P

Havent seen any threads about other "two" only the one that was voted on, the Pendleton Derby on Deliverance. What am I missing here?

Havent seen any threads about other "two" only the one that was voted on, the Pendleton Derby on Deliverance. What am I missing here?

No, not that. 

There already three impalong HELD on wurm this year over the past months. While previous years we only have one impalong per year.

The tradition is broken nevertheless since Willow won't host it this year anyway.

And yes, the decision is made... Deli it is.

• Like 2

I don't see a problem with one on Indy also. Frankly why would anyone who is going to the Deli impalong object to people going to one on Indy that was never going to show up on Deli anyway.

• Like 2

I guess you can run one if you like but don't expect anyone to be there.

I don't see a problem with one on Indy also. Frankly why would anyone who is going to the Deli impalong object to people going to one on Indy that was never going to show up on Deli anyway.

Because the people that would only go to the Independence one are too lazy to go off server for the same event.

I think she was referencing that there was one held on Exodus earlier this year, and the other, don't know where.

But the point missed was that those all were at different times then the 'main' Christmas Impalong, which wasn't that bad as they don't pull players away from the main one. Having one on Independence at the same time as the main one on Deliverance, I could go far as to say that many people who would've traveled to the Deliverance one would just instead opt to go to the closer one.

• Like 1

Maybe, but not when the "main" one is going on. Later.

Who here does not know Battlepants?

Who here does not know that Battlepants brings an incredible amount of locks and favor for casting?

Who here does not know that Battlepants his been busting his butt to make this happen on Deli?

Quit being anti social sail across the water (yes boat with your ownership or a buddy with a ride) and COME ON DOWN.

Who here does not know Battlepants?

Who here does not know that Battlepants brings an incredible amount of locks and favor for casting?

Who here does not know that Battlepants his been busting his butt to make this happen on Deli?

Quit being anti social sail across the water (yes boat with your ownership or a buddy with a ride) and COME ON DOWN.

Video games are hardly social.

I'm gonna go to BP's impalong on Deli, regardless if Indy (or the other servers) end up hosting one. It's the official impalong.

If you're too lazy to travel, that's a poor excuse. If you're too antisocial, whatever... be antisocial and stay home. If you're really bad with directions or don't have a way of getting there and are on Indy, I have plenty of room on my boat. Get in touch with me either here in the forums or in-game, Asidecay. I'll get you there and back.

There would have been an impalong on indy this year but nobody could be bothered to organize it. Surprising, when you take into account the number of deeds on that server which would be more than capable of holding this annual community event. 

Since the three other smaller servers release, (deli, exo and cele ) their respective populations decided to hold their own individual event which is all well and good. It saves on travelling from server to server, getting lost etc etc. But I still see no reason why one cannot be held on Indy. I attended the last 3 there, had a lot of fun and gained loads of skills. 

I have to disagree with you a bit on this Lance, Tekada has been working on it and planned on the vote process.  I had no idea that  BP already planned it would  be at his deed and has reportedly been working on it since last winter . Evidently allot of people did . I think some of us did not know it . People voted on Deli hosting based on BP being the host. I think  at this point it continues to be a forgone conclusion that it will be hosted there. Perhaps next year it will be back at Indy. Festival Cove was recently up for sale,, maybe whoever bought it is an interested and trusted enough player to rally support for 2014.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 2

The reason people voted for Deli and especially Battlepants location is that it is almost the exact middle between all the servers. This makes it a) fair and B) more likely for people from Exo and Cele to show up.

And since the Official Impalong is THE big event for all servers I think that's a good thing.

Plus if there's any place on our four servers where you can still find people with the need of imped tools I guess it's the server that opened last... which is Cele ;) (No offense to you Cele people)

The reason people voted for Deli and especially Battlepants location is that it is almost the exact middle between all the servers. This makes it a) fair and B) more likely for people from Exo and Cele to show up.

And since the Official Impalong is THE big event for all servers I think that's a good thing.

Plus if there's any place on our four servers where you can still find people with the need of imped tools I guess it's the server that opened last... which is Cele ;) (No offense to you Cele people)

Lol, idk why you think being first or last sever in a connected cluster means something tool ql wise, probably 2-3 weeks after the server opening i bet there was a lot of people with high ql tools.

And btw, in the last event organized by Willow on Indy, I made some Blacksmith imps with my char that was on Indy for his very first time. Since i lived my entire wurm life on guess which server? 

Yes, Cele.

That said, imho the impalong is supposed to be a cluster wide event that serve the pourpose of gather and unite the community, so while every server is free to make his own event/s, please don´t make it overlap each other.

I find it hilarious that the annual get-together for raising the playerbase' spirits is the thing tearing it apart the most at the moment.

• Like 5

Indy had a fantastic imp along at the Summer Faire at The Guild of Artificers just a couple of moths ago. I have never been off Indy and I'm glad I have something to make me try the cross server travel. If another event happened at the same time on Indy it would be easy to justify sticking closer to home. Please don't disrupt this event by holding another at the same time.

I was just posting to look special Lol.  But official is official, If anyone wants to go all Impalong for my stuff Feel free to stop by and imp w/e, but I'll be sticking at home and such lol. 

But Deli and all other servers deserve a traditional Impalong Christmas at some point, I'm sure willow would have wanted that.

Not quite entitled to host the Christmas Impalong, it just happens to be whichever server is voted the most desirable for that specific year is all. If Independence is voted next year to host the Christmas Impalong then that is fine, I would hope there would be no complaining on that. If Celebration is chosen to host it then I really hope that the  Independence folk (including myself) don't complain it is such a long trip ;)

Of course I think that it would be great if each server had a shot at hosting the Christmas Impalong, but it is just where the dominoes fall is the way I see it.

Edited by Shrimpiie