Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Staff Upgrades (And Buff)

The humble staff, weapon of many in the middle ages.  Damn useful while hiking as well!

New Feature : When a staff is equipped a minor speed bonus (1% per 20QL?) is granted, a small (again 1% per 20QL?) stamina buff is given when climbing (takes less stamina to climb that is).

New Feature : Increase staff block rate against mobs (not players)

New Item : Iron/Steel Shod Staff
Materials : 1 Staff, 1 Staff Ends
Notes : Repairable/Improvable staff (uses wood) with a buff (15 normal fighting, 15 fighting skill  and 15 polearms should be enough to take down mountain lions/wolves at Q20 without being murdered horribly).

New Item : Carved Staff
Materials : Staff, Carving Knife
Notes : Repairable/Improvable staff, grants an additional 1% speed and climbing bonus per 20QL.

New Item : Engraved Staff
Materials : Staff, Carving Knife (?)
Notes : Engraved staffs are slightly mysterious objects.  They grant a 1% skillgain bonus per 20QL, however which skill is not known (each one gives a different skill), the type of skill given depends on the skills of the maker (basically the more points you have in a skill the more likely it is to be that one).

New Item : Staff Ends
Materials : 1kg of Iron or Steel
Notes : A crafting item

The only one there I like would be the speed and climbing bonus, but I don't see the point as most use horses...

I am however all for balancing the weapons and making the staff a useful weapon.

The shod staff already sorta exists, except it's made of just steel and uses steel to improve.

I would love to see an iron version of it/parry rate for staffs be buffed.

Steel staves are pretty useful weapons as it is. Wooden ones could use a buff of some sort though.

Also this is slightly off-topic but please add ada/glimmer versions of the metal staff, thanks

+1 on shod staff

not sure if the the carved stuff would be that usefull so +/-0

and -1 on the engraved stuff. i would prefer to see that feature on necklaces.

also wooden staffs should be to turned to impable, especialy because of the wizard-staff thing.

I saw the title and though "Is someone actually suggesting the staff team get more powers!?"

• Like 1

Steel staves are pretty useful weapons as it is. Wooden ones could use a buff of some sort though.

Also this is slightly off-topic but please add ada/glimmer versions of the metal staff, thanks

Use a glimmer/adam spear-tip on a steel staff. :)

+1 to buffing and expanding upon staves. I think they also deserve a new model as well. the current wooden staff looks like a crusty curtain rod with plastic tips. Always have wanted to use one, but yea.

I take it you play on freedom?

Please explain to me how a staff is a useful weapon? :D

Deadly hards + 2x damage against mounted players is a pretty fun combination  ;)

Staves are easily better than huge axes from what I've seen. Thing about Wurm is that just because everyone and his grandma uses a LMS and a longsword, it doesn't render other weapons weak. 

I did a bunch of testing with staves, halberds and whatnot in the test server a while back.

Longswords always come out on top. The way the game is balanced in favor of NEEDING a shield.

Staves are easily better than huge axes from what I've seen. Thing about Wurm is that just because everyone and his grandma uses a LMS and a longsword, it doesn't render other weapons weak. 

My grandma uses shortsword, longsword overbalances her and she could fall and break her hip

Also +1 for anything that adds more weapon variety

Edited by Bart