Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 41

Great!

That's a funny one. My bro was telling me that I show as being on Chaos when I'm on Inde.

Looks like Rolf is ready to go to Las Vegas in that picture.(Makes me think of the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Hehehe that is not Rolf, It is me! XD

Great!

That's a funny one. My bro was telling me that I show as being on Chaos when I'm on Inde.

Looks like Rolf is ready to go to Las Vegas in that picture.(Makes me think of the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Hahahaha  :lol:  This one just literally made me laugh out loud :D  "Rolf" :rolleyes:  Las Vegas baby, here I come!

Well the coffin change could be a bad thing for me. I like many others use it for storage and the box like shape doubled for that well not sure a more coffin like shape would. Maybe you could add in the old model as a "stone chest" or something?

See I am thinking something like the SS below would be ruined with a realistic coffin look I also know of people using them as a desk type thing and counters.

hJJtr.jpg

I agree ....maybe keep the old version and add a wooden version so we can choose the style depending on what and where we are using them.

Just a thought ! :wub:

The new coffin looks great, but could  you please add a new type of large chest with the same storing capacity as the old coffin? I don't want my smithy to look like a tomb...

I completely agree with all of you the new coffin looks great but i would also love the old look to be implemented in a new chest or something like that so my shop doesn't look like im a mortician

• Like 1

BRIDGES!

Could be nice to swe some news about Bridges implementation.

I'm afraid that those new coffins look just awfull, hopefully you will retain an option to use the current model instead so that my workshops aren't ruined by this monstrosity.

Edited by Coastis

Could be nice to swe some news about Bridges implementation.

From what I know, it is one major development job to get into and very complex to implement. So there has already been people looking into it. It is still being researched and a viable project to get in to once a good solution for it is found. If started I will let you know as soon as I do.

Also no, there will not be the option of keeping the old model of the coffin but a maybe as to implementing it as another object. I will follow up on this a bit later to confirm guys.

Also no, there will not be the option of keeping the old model of the coffin but a maybe as to implementing it as another object. I will follow up on this a bit later to confirm guys.

It would be nice to have it added in as a "stone chest" then maybe even allow for it to be locked like the other chest too. I just know it is not going to look right having a coffin in your blacksmith shop. The old ones you could not really tell they were coffins and i can see why the change but we don't want to lose our storage over it either so it would be great if you can look into this for us..thank you.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

it would be nice also if we had a way of destroying old coffins (maybe only on deed) without having to push them into a lava tile :P

it would be nice also if we had a way of destroying old coffins (maybe only on deed) without having to push them into a lava tile :P

Can you not bash them? If not then yes we will need a way to remove them for sure. 

• Like 1

Had to show off some skills too didn't ya :P

Love the coffin beds though, very HoTS

Oh please, I haven't doing any fletching or chainsmithing in months, I just like to have skills open with the highest on top, I'm sure other people do something similar too.   Coffin beds are very hots though.     Would be a shame for smiths to have a more realistic looking coffin in their forge area.  What will people think, that they are going to forge an army of Undead Warriors?  That's the Black Lighter's responsibility. 

From what I know, it is one major development job to get into and very complex to implement. So there has already been people looking into it. It is still being researched and a viable project to get in to once a good solution for it is found. If started I will let you know as soon as I do.

+1 for keeping the old model as some other object, that can still hold corpses, and/or gear.

Change coffins so they can fit troll corpses. :(

Edited by Kagrenac

I agree with those who are saying that it might be a good idea to add a craftable stone chest along side the new coffin models.

I'd rather go the other route, convert existing coffins into stone chests and add a new stone coffin, would be much less hassle for a lot of people.

• Like 4

We have started looking into bridges more actively again now.

• Like 6

When those come in, I think I'm going to find myself coming upon dead guy by the side of the road, building a coffin right there, and sticking him in it.

I don't understand the whole coffin concept anyway. Bodies damage and disappear. Mummification, skeletons, and pollution from rotting dead bodies aren't things that exist in Wurm. Probably 99.99% of the uses for coffins are actually a storage container. This change further supports my opinion that the Dev's are out of touch with what the player want and how the players play.

I'd make that coffin thing a non-container decoration and add sign logic to it so folks can engrave some message.

Dev's if you want to do something cool. 1. Let us expand the volume of and container by using more materials, 2. Let us lock any container.

Coffins are supposed to be for storing bodies to reduce decay.

Sadly you cant fit the bodies that people generally want to keep the longest, but its still a good feature.

now wurm needs some musical instruments like lutes, windpipes, harps, and drums! :)

• Like 2

Guys from IT... i had a good idea...if is possible, i dont know if its great or not but i want to try ...can you add  a new feature for f2p a option to drive a small cart with a bull or one mule,becoz we dont have any option to get a drive a cart,this way its equal with premium but limited with the cargo,im a trader that make bricks,mortar, i dig dirt and its been dificult for us :(( ...we getting very hard an impossible  to transport things to a region to another,i left you here this post becoz i dont see any suggestion topic,hope that you guys can make the life for f2p easier,thx for your time,cybrax.

As far as the coffin topic is concerned, I would also prefer to have the option to keep my existing ones. Also preferable if existing coffins remained the same in the database, and these new coffins were called something like "ornate coffin".

• Like 2

I'd rather go the other route, convert existing coffins into stone chests and add a new stone coffin, would be much less hassle for a lot of people.

This, since I'd bet dollars to donuts that nearly everyone already has the existing coffins all over their deeds and like the look.  I know I do.  

I'm not fond of the idea of having to somehow get rid of them all and replace them. (can that even be done?)  In fact I think I hate that idea.  lol

• Like 1

As far as the coffin topic is concerned, I would also prefer to have the option to keep my existing ones. Also preferable if existing coffins remained the same in the database, and these new coffins were called something like "ornate coffin".

And this.  :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I think coffin and ornate coffin would be the right way to go here.

Especially considering that the old coffin is a masonry item, while this one looks like a stone cutting item.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1