Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 41

lets%20share%20some%20news2.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!

Time to once more share some news and work, as you seem to appreciate it.

We have many things going on right now both in terms of graphics and development.

Graphical updates.

Soon to be added to the live servers are a new version of the coffin and model for butchered hens, roosters and pheasants.

A model for the Wraith Summon is being tested for implementation as well.

The library of new icons is growing. But as the list of items in Wurm is long, we still have much left to do.

A recruitment board has been created and we will start to try it out with functionality soon.

Features.

Work with both notifications system and maps with notations are progressing.

The tests so far has been promising with no major issues in getting the basic functionality to work out.

We have also begun to write the texts for the in game notifications system and trying hard to come up with good situations where new players could need a helpful hint.

Selected Bug and Game fixes.

Fixes for friends list so it shows the correct server, and does not show lost link and left world message from a server when you transfer from it.

Fix for altar question for hots.

Fix so you can discard even when you have done your quota of selling.

Fixes for adding/removing tiles from structures.

That is all for now, so just Keep on Wurming!

/RedBaron

• Like 13

Thanks for the update.

Great work being done, and I appreciate the time you take to update us on it!

:)

Can't wait to see the new coffins and the new butchered hens & cocks , great job.

Keep up the momentum.

Thanks for the update.

Great work being done, and I appreciate the time you take to update us on it!

:)

No problemo, I enjoy it ;)

• Like 1

Well the coffin change could be a bad thing for me. I like many others use it for storage and the box like shape doubled for that well not sure a more coffin like shape would. Maybe you could add in the old model as a "stone chest" or something?

See I am thinking something like the SS below would be ruined with a realistic coffin look I also know of people using them as a desk type thing and counters.

hJJtr.jpg

• Like 7

It could be updated with higher rez texture and made alot nicer looking also without changing it too much. Maybe add a new coffin model that looks more like coffin, as a complement?

Thanks! Looking forward to the icons and coffins, and to see how the maps stuff come out.

Appreciate the work, bugfixes are about half as hard as finding the bugs themselves in the metric ton of code you have, thanks for all of that.

Thanks for the update, guys! Looking forward to the new features :)

Pls, it's just a sugestion that makes all the differences. You could focus some efforts to make the dyes work on all armour (i guess that everything on game could be painted). I realy would love to use a true black plate armour, true black great healm, true black metal shield, long sword.... It's frustrating make dye and can't paint the most nice stuff (armour and weapons, all of them). And of course, Cape, this woulb be amazing  :)

Thank you very much for the attention.

• Like 1

Well the coffin change could be a bad thing for me. I like many others use it for storage and the box like shape doubled for that well not sure a more coffin like shape would. Maybe you could add in the old model as a "stone chest" or something?

See I am thinking something like the SS below would be ruined with a realistic coffin look I also know of people using them as a desk type thing and counters.

hJJtr.jpg

yDT8bpm.jpg

Recruitment board is started with a plank and a shaft.

unfinished You see a village recruitment board under construction. Ql: 1.0, Dam: 0.0. The village recruitment board needs 1 shaft, and 2 plank, and 3 small iron nails to be finished.

finished: A board where you can find villages that are looking for new residents. Ql: 41.81266, Dam: 0.0.

Coffin open, seen from the side:

JT3u8J3.jpg

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 2

That Is not bad I guess but having options would not be bad either. I do have to admit I was picturing a wooden Halloween shaped one in my head, lol

Edit: Still have to say I like the old ones better.

Edited by Kegan

We have also begun to write the texts for the in game notifications system and trying hard to come up with good situations where new players could need a helpful hint.

Give hints when a player attempts to do something but is not allowed to for some reason.  Such as digging at first in too steep of an area (anything not almost flat for a newbie).  Or why they can't pick up and Steal an item on a Freedom server (it's on someone's deed).

hJJtr.jpg

I agree ....maybe keep the old version and add a wooden version so we can choose the style depending on what and where we are using them.

Just a thought ! :wub:

• Like 4

Coffins are used more for item storage than corpse storage, so I'm glad you didn't make them look like they belonged in a graveyard.

The reqruitment board is something I have wanted to see for a long time, so nice going!

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Coffins were long overdue, haha, good to see them worked on. Hopefully mailboxes to look less like birdhouses soon too ^_^

Great!

Fixes for friends list so it shows the correct server, and does not show lost link and left world message from a server when you transfer from it.

That's a funny one. My bro was telling me that I show as being on Chaos when I'm on Inde.

Looks like Rolf is ready to go to Las Vegas in that picture.(Makes me think of the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

So I'm a bit confused on the recruitment board. How will it be used?

If it is only going to be used for village recruitment and not for posting jobs/merch ads etc etc then why is it a craft-able item? I would assume only one is needed per server in the starter town.

However if we will be able to post jobs that we are hiring for or even jobs for our villagers to do plus merchant ads then forget I said anything.

Looks like Rolf is ready to go to Las Vegas in that picture.(Makes me think of the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

that's Johan aka RedBaron, but it does lol, I love that movie so much.

Edited by Telvanni

The new coffin looks great, but could  you please add a new type of large chest with the same storing capacity as the old coffin? I don't want my smithy to look like a tomb...

• Like 6