Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Dig Keybind Also Does Dredge.

As the title states. It would be more efficient if we removed dredge keybind and convert dig a multipurpose keybind.

Here are a few other related dredge issues:

-- Fo can dredge

-- Put the dirt somewhere other than in the dredge and convert the dredge to a non-container type. The attempt to mimic realism is making the tool's use tedious and inconvenient. Put the dirt wherever: boat inventory, player inventory, or pile on ground.

-- The fact the dredge uses carpentry tools and blacksmithing skill was, imo, a special favor to someone ( you know who you are). I think it should be a tailoring item, but do what you will. Just remove the special favor weirdo mechanics.

with 2.2sec dig timer it's quite annoyin to remove dirts as fast as possible from dredge lol.

4 dirts would be little less painful + why not just make it like mining? just pile the dirt on the tile.

with 2.2sec dig timer it's quite annoyin to remove dirts as fast as possible from dredge lol.

4 dirts would be little less painful + why not just make it like mining? just pile the dirt on the tile.

Let me guess, you have never dredged?

If the dirt piled up on the tile it would in most cases be out of reach.

Why not just let the dirt end up in the boat that you right click/click keybind on to dredge? Much easier.

Edit: Forgot to say +1 to removing dredge keybind and making dig keybind work instead.

At the same time maybe chop_up could be removed and make cut work instead.

Edited by Wulfgar
  • Like 1

I drag a row boat into position and embark as passenger to do the dredging. Sometimes I make a pile on the round while doing this or just put the dirt in the boat. which is chosen often depends on how much dirt I anticipate digging up.

I use two dredges and put them in the tools belt. This action sequence seems excessive to me to get the job done:

- toolbelt activate keybind ( its empty at this point)

- mouse to boat if cursor isn't already there

- two dredge keybinds

- move dirt if its present in the other dredge

Repeat that going back and forth between dredges. 

What of the times one dredges without right-clicking on a boat? Its simply a convenience for when one cannot highlight the required tiles.

One example would be digging a pond, at least where the dirt and rock layers allow it.

Anyways, I agree the nature of the dredge makes it very inconvenient to work with. Notably where the dirt goes.

Let me guess, you have never dredged?

If the dirt piled up on the tile it would in most cases be out of reach.

Why not just let the dirt end up in the boat that you right click/click keybind on to dredge? Much easier.

Edit: Forgot to say +1 to removing dredge keybind and making dig keybind work instead.

At the same time maybe chop_up could be removed and make cut work instead.

ive dredged 9k dirt

If i do any digging jobs near water I use knarr, because I can reach it from 5 tiles.

Cart would be silly :rolleyes:

also +1 for the chop_up

Edited by silakka