Sign in to follow this  
Raykow

Wooden Crate

A wooden crate used to store and sell bulk items. it would be made with carpentry skill. You would put 100 of the same items into the crate and then seal it much like wrapping a gift. After it is sealed it would average out the ql of all the items just like a bsb and include the items in it's name. ie: Large Crate, Birch wood (pumpkin). after that provided you have the body strength you can pick it up, take it to a merchant and sell it. It could then be opened to get all the goods and the crate would be destroyed.

• Like 1

I'm all for making it possible to pick up bulk storage bins and move them between vehicles and the ground, maybe with a crane.

+1 For anything that allows bulk items, to be sold directly off a merchant or to be transported more easily.

I assume this should only work for things that can be put in a bsb or fsb. You would need the quantity and the quality of the item to also be visible (quality of the crate perhaps for the latter?).

+1, this implementation seems easier than "linking" bulk bins or buildings to merchants. I wouldn't allow naming of a recipient like with normal giftboxes as that could cause problems.

nope -1

-- We need portable bulk storage bins. They have smaller volume than what we have now. The portable bin's weight needs to reflect whatever is inside it. They are are rigid containers and consume volume equal to its capacity (empty or full).

-- We need merchant designated packages: armor kit, Craft-xyz tool kit, complex construction kit (Larger cart in a box). It would be super cool if we could include some item which would make the item create at a higher ql. The crafter could make an improvement writ where they imp the writ as if it was the cart.

-- Selling keys to bulk bins works well. I think we need to formalize this process so when people buy access to the bin they know exactly what's in it before hand. Although, I'm not exactly sure how "buying access" should work.

My biggest problem with the OP's suggestion is that 100 items limit.  You know anyone can pick up 1000 corn? Bulk storage bins have proven that for some times we don't need individual qualities. A single pile of 1000 corn can be used just as effectively as 10 containers each with 100 items. A better inventory management system would let you queue up actions using that single pile. I think as long as you can carry it you should be able to withdraw numerous items as a packages. This package would only take up one of the merchants slots.

nope -1

-- We need portable bulk storage bins. They have smaller volume than what we have now. The portable bin's weight needs to reflect whatever is inside it. They are are rigid containers and consume volume equal to its capacity (empty or full).

-- We need merchant designated packages: armor kit, Craft-xyz tool kit, complex construction kit (Larger cart in a box). It would be super cool if we could include some item which would make the item create at a higher ql. The crafter could make an improvement writ where they imp the writ as if it was the cart.

-- Selling keys to bulk bins works well. I think we need to formalize this process so when people buy access to the bin they know exactly what's in it before hand. Although, I'm not exactly sure how "buying access" should work.

My biggest problem with the OP's suggestion is that 100 items limit.  You know anyone can pick up 1000 corn? Bulk storage bins have proven that for some times we don't need individual qualities. A single pile of 1000 corn can be used just as effectively as 10 containers each with 100 items. A better inventory management system would let you queue up actions using that single pile. I think as long as you can carry it you should be able to withdraw numerous items as a packages. This package would only take up one of the merchants slots.

did you even read the post... I said just like a bsb and you said no, we need so form of portable bsb, isn't that what I'm suggesting? And I only said 100 because that is the maximum number of items allowed in an inventory without containers. If you want to continue using bsb's that's fine, crates would be much easier for those who only need a few of the items, not a life times supply.

Hmm, I liked it at first, but then started thinking about selling stone bricks, and how anybody would be able to lift a crate with 100 stone bricks in it.

Hmm, I liked it at first, but then started thinking about selling stone bricks, and how anybody would be able to lift a crate with 100 stone bricks in it.

good point, perhaps you can pick it up, but are unable to move unless on a cart and only 1 crate can fit on a raft then to balance it out.

If the crate can be put in both large carts and boats, we wouldn't have to worry about having to lift it. This would also fix the raft 'featuresploit'.

I would propose several portable versions. Small, medium, and large boxes. All acting like bsbs except for the portability part.
Small box can hold up to 50kg.
Medium box can hold up to 100kg.
Large box can hold up to 200kg.
Crate would be like 1000kg.

Edited by Elen

They do not all have to be wood.  Could be iron-reinforced ones that hold more volume etc.

• Like 1