Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Collection Of Free Games! Post 'em Here!

Wanted to make this as a start for people to post their favorite free games, aside from wurm that is :P

FireFall

http://www.firefallthegame.com/about

3rd or 1st person view MMO, but instead of auto-aimed macro-able click sequences (like WoW), you actually use skill to target and shoot your enemies (like CoD or another FPS).  Free to play, Micro-transactions for perks (cool rides, unique looks, etc) , but not Pay to Win (most powerful items in the game can only be crafted, not bought from the store).  Haven't played since Closed Beta went to Open Beta in July, but that's because I spend too much time here in Wurm  :D .

Edit: forgot the BEST part.  no repeatable exactly the same way linear quest line.  The world and resource nodes are dynamic and ever changing. With NPC enemy incursions happening where player activity is lowest, just like a real enemy would do. 

Edited by Nerisrath

FireFall

http://www.firefallthegame.com/about

3rd or 1st person view MMO, but instead of auto-aimed macro-able click sequences (like WoW), you actually use skill to target and shoot your enemies (like CoD or another FPS).  Free to play, Micro-transactions for perks (cool rides, unique looks, etc) , but not Pay to Win (most powerful items in the game can only be crafted, not bought from the store).  Haven't played since Closed Beta went to Open Beta in July, but that's because I spend too much time here in Wurm  :D .

Edit: forgot the BEST part.  no repeatable exactly the same way linear quest line.  The world and resource nodes are dynamic and ever changing. With NPC enemy incursions happening where player activity is lowest, just like a real enemy would do. 

I've always wanted to play an FPS-MMO but never found a decent one.. I tried anarchy onling years ago but didn't like it. I may give this a go! :)

Been playing it a bit lately actually...

It is typical FPS as an MMO fare (this is not always a bad thing).  While the missions are auto spawned, there are a limited number of variables in what mission types spawn.  Maybe 3 mission types (collect/return, protect, destroy/kill), usually involving progressively more difficult waves of baddies until the mission object is completed.

Makes it easy to find the content you want though, since you can expect the same basic creature types or objectives in a given encounter type.  So if you enjoy one element, you can travel around the map hitting just those missions types.

I will say I'm impressed with their AI system, while overly simple in some cases, the little buggers will gang up on you or try to keep you pinned while their buddies bring larger weapons in to play.  And the swarms in some missions/encounters lead to crazy and fast paced action.

I've not gone into the PVP aspect yet (it is technically "offline" I think, the dev team wants to rework it to be more balanced, viable and fun) but the server events are a blast!  :D

Wanted to make this as a start for people to post their favorite free games, aside from wurm that is :P

When did Wurm become free? Last time I checked it became more expensive...

PS. Firefall really sucks imo

EDIT: There are no truly free games that are also good (they all have game-breaking cash shops). Best bet is to look into emulated UO servers (RunUO).

Edited by Dextrome

World of Tanks.

It gets better and better with each update.

• Like 1

Thumbs up for WoT, dwarf fortress...

You can play www.thespacegame.com for free too. But I am quite biased there!

+1 on thespacegame. Played it a few months ago, gonna give it another try :D the problem I had was I had a quest, but forgot it and I didn't think I had a quest log.

World of Tanks.

Got to admit I haven't actively played this since the French line was introduced, but absolutely loved it.  Still occasionally go get in my Lowe or E-75 and blast fools.

Dwarf Fortress - Best feature-complete free game avaliable. Toady is amazing.

Wolfquest - kindof fun, but only a few hours of gameplay.

Atwar (Afterwind)- good stradegy. Haven't mastered it yet.

Warlight - risk-esque stradegy. I'm unbeatable at this. If you want to challange me, please say so :)

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Rise Of Flight <--- Best Flight Sim I have found for a joystick....

Free version has 2 planes

http://riseofflight.com/en/profile/tryrof

its actually the full version but only comes with 2 planes... you can buy a 8 plane package on STEAM if you like it enough to buy 6 more planes.....

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZiIByxgQA

Edited by LumpyGravy

World of Tanks.

Amen.

love my tiger 2 only to snipe those premium tier 7 noobs to hell, only having them complain how  they got killed, haha