Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

I Would Like To Have My In Game Name Change

he said he was planning to pay for 100 players premium for a month or something

I doubt that'll happen, though..

Of course thats not going to happen....with all the crap thats happened from his coming back, why would he want to?

Yes yes, you don't get it. It's ok.

I still don't see how you want to add such a system without coding too much.

It would be easy if Wurm only would be a little tool to use, well everyone can code a small function to change names.

But in Wurm you have to adjust the databases for such changes, then the server code and then the client code. And well I would see that as pretty much work for a system which isn't needed.

One last try:

I will repeat myself one last time: Who claimed that currently the character names are being used as unique identifiers? A developer? No. Do you have access to the code? No. 

IF each acc does have an ID, one would assume it is already being utilized in the code of course 

If this was the case you wouldn't have to adjust names in a thousand places. Only one value would have to be adjusted: the character name value for the account. And all the rest should still work fine... Stuff like KOS lists and so on should be linked to the IDs, not the character names. I'm sorry but I just don't know how I can make it any clearer.... Maybe another guy's quote will help:

If it were me, I would use a uniquely generated identifier for an individual identity, and just use a name for display.

Now what I was saying is: who's to say wurm isn't already coded like this? And I also said logically it Should have been programmed this way, and was questioning who came up with the whole notion that character names are being used as the unique identifier:

I still don't understand why the player name is being used as a character's unique identifier... and I'm not sure it's even true or just something somebody made up.

Edited by Dextrome

im confused...i may have missed something....he did got his name changed because he asked for it maybe because people started harrassing and stalking him?

im confused...i may have missed something....he did got his name changed because he asked for it maybe because people started harrassing and stalking him?

It wouldn't make much sense for him to hide under the name Bashur in that case.

Of course thats not going to happen....with all the crap thats happened from his coming back, why would he want to?

Well he answered that question with a hearty war-cry against Wurm, but then settled down and seems to want to pursue a healthier attitude..   but I guess we'll see how it's going on Wednesday..

We GM will not change names.

Any name change by Rolf is made at his discretion to what he sees as warranted or required.

Further threads on this matter will be considered subject to penalty.

This is locked.

• Like 7