Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

I Would Like To Have My In Game Name Change

I'm just wondering how I go about doing this?

My account is in good standings and I am in good standings no bans etc.

How do I do this formally.. and since I didn't know where to post I thought I'd post here.

Thankyou.

Also feel free to request changes here as well.

• Like 6

a shingle comes off my roof everytime one of these threads are made

• Like 10

heyy im in great standings also!

could i get a name change also i like the name of zenuwookie

thanks rolf!

=)

i hope i dont wake up with that name

Edited by nosfirebird
  • Like 1

didnt people learn after a while that such matter goes to gms? :P like pming them? I mean literary you are pinning a public letter here against a pinboard instead of talking to the boss :P

Edited by Miretta

didnt people learn after a while that such matter goes to gms? :P

Tried that. Apparently they don't do it so I thought I'd request it here.

• Like 2

As far as I know, Name changes are not given unless there are very strict circumstances. The most common reason for a name change is an offensive/inappropriate name.

As far as I know, Name changes are not given unless there are very strict circumstances. The most common reason for a name change is an offensive/inappropriate name.

like fencejumper, snoo (well maybe) and nosfirebird. Neither is realy lore friendly (like 80% of the names out there).

Name changes seem to be rather sensitive just now.

Probably not the best time to inquire.

(although if Nos wakes up with zenuwookie I probably won't stop laughing for a month)

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 2

It is the BEST time to inquire.

For years it has been told it is not possible, now we recently got a namechange.

What time could be better?

• Like 1

a shingle comes off my roof everytime one of these threads are made

you without roof  now then ?

"Sure, if you want us to offer you name changes we will. I just think it is a very bad idea in general." Rolf.

Don't see why you'd be refused a name change :)

"Sure, if you want us to offer you name changes we will. I just think it is a very bad idea in general." Rolf.

Don't see why you'd be refused a name change  :)

Hah, exactly  :lol:

Edited by Dextrome

Name changes are refused because of PVP. You will see a new name and do not know that person's skills. Unless a big list is kept of who is name changing and to what this is changed I will always be against name changes.

You need to bring in around 10-100 new players via a stream or youtube channel... should get you a name change!

hehehe, to soon? :wub:

• Like 1

I brought a player that bought 2 deeds, 2 merchants, and at least 4 magical chests, Im pretty sure I beat bashur by many many euros brought into the game, maybe I should be able to change someone elses name :o  (since I like mine)

The only person that needs his name changed atm is Foxfire, there is only one real fox.

Here is a thought maybe take some time and think of a good name to start with. I have tons of alts and every name I like because I took some time thinking of them before I created them. If you buy a character then that should also be part of your decision making process is whether you like the name or not.

Not saying Rolfs reason was valid but I can see why he come to this decision as the last time the guy was here he did bring in a lot more players we went from 700-800 on to over 2000 during that time. We seen growth across all servers too not just the PvP ones. It does seem though that it has not made that impact yet this time but look at the content that has been put up by him most of it reflects the game in a negative way by the way he was picked on this time around.  

Rolf made his apologies already now lets just move on for the good of the game if nothing else.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Hi,

Name changes are refused because of PVP.

it wouldn't be too hard to solve this. IMHO.

I see a reason for name changes in the PvE area, and I don't think it should be prohibited further (now after it has been done already) - but I'd suggest some heavy requirements for future use:

• Not possible on Epic, and anyone with a name change in the Freedom Cluster cannot enter Chaos for 1 year. PvP issues should be remedied this way?
  • Name changes only with a good reason - for instance when buying someone others char, or when having chosen a bad name (heavy misspelling, or a new meaning later due to a new connotation to the name etc.)
  • Only once per char (maybe in a given span of time), and the old name added to the mouseover:
    "JaneDoe the Protector (Mystic) (former: Xandra)"
  • Only if there has been no warnings, mutes and bans for at least a year before renaming.
  • Done by GM team decision only, requiring a hefty donation to the GM's coffee coffers. *)

This way it could work. IMHO.

The can of Wurms has been opened, there's need to find a way now to get this topic regulated, I fear. IMHO it was one of the topics of lesser importance, but unfortunately an example has been made, requiring a quick solution now. May my suggestions be of help!

Have fun!

*) I'd suggest to offer an option for a trusted, GM-controlled char transfer option too, with an optional rename in it, for a 50S worth token from the shop. Buyer gives money for char & token to GM, GM changes the credentials/ name accordingly and gives the Silver to the seller.

A 10 minute job for the GM, and a nice income for CodeClub. And safety for both seller and buyer.

Oh my god, Rolf should start forum banning all these idiots, and yes I mean this in the most offensive way possible.

Just because your neighbor gets a new toy, doesn't mean your mom is going to get you the same toy.

This is just getting old, seriously.. We need to kill you all and let BL zombify the corpses, Atleast you'll be a better addition to wurm as zombies then you currently are.

• Like 3

These threads are getting old.

So is special treatment.

• Like 2

I personally don't see any issues with namechanges, especially when Rolf can earn himself some silver doing it.

It simply needs to mechanics and rules supporting it.

For example:

Price: 20 silver

Restriction: once every 3 months

Restriction: Cannot change name to a name that has been used earlier by any player in the game.

Mechanic: Whenever you type /history "playername" you get a list of all previous characternames that the character has used. This way you can prevent people from changing their names and acting like somoene else.

• Like 2

Can a mod not lock this thread? It is going to accomplish nothing, and only serve to be yet another thread for players to whine in. Maybe in a couple months when people have cooled down there can be discussions on the subject, but all this is doing right now is throwing fuel on the fire.

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 1

There are problems with name changes that affect more than just pvp.  What about ignore and kos lists?  I'd hate to put Hammerhead on kos or ignore, only to find later that Arrowhead is now bothering me, because he got a name change.  Yes, Rolf could make code so those lists get updated, but the simpler coding would be to NEVER allow name changes.  When it comes to coding the KISS method is always good (Keep It Simple, Stupid).