Sign in to follow this  
Bashur

Melons.

Add melons to the game. All kinds of melons, but mostly Watermelon.

Storyboard-Melons21.jpg

Edited by Bashur
  • Like 11

So what exactly is the suggestion here? May want to flesh out the idea a little bit ;)

• Like 1

I Melons in game..... NOW! Please and thank you! :)

Edited by crazymajor1221

So what exactly is the suggestion here? May want to flesh out the idea a little bit ;)

Add Melons.

OMG THIS IS HILLARIOUS.. Please tell me you meant the melon pun here..

OMG THIS IS HILLARIOUS.. Please tell me you meant the melon pun here..

Was not intentional but realized what it was when I posted.

le sigh

another minecrafter

Ideas generally require some thought behind them around here.  Mechanics? Usefulness? Even something completely useless like smashing watermelons with a hammer for Sledge-O-Matic skill. (why not we have yoyo skill)  But make an actual suggestion, or your request wont get looked at seriously by devs.

start at 7:15, couldn't get the time code to work

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gasAFyonmmI

EDIT: I like the idea of different farmables actually.  My point was not a -1 down with melons, but rather for the OP to make a worthwhile case. Not "I want melons cause I had them in another game."

Edited by Nerisrath

Big fat Protunia -1 There are hundreds of better things the devs could spend their time on other than adding melons. Melons that add nothing to anything other than yet another seed pile in my FSB.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

there's been 120398123 other random suggestions like this that don't necessarily fix any problem or strengthen a mechanic, and I bet THIS ONE gets implemented :)

le sigh

another minecrafter

Ideas generally require some thought behind them around here.  Mechanics? Usefulness? Even something completely useless like smashing watermelons with a hammer for Sledge-O-Matic skill. (why not we have yoyo skill)  But make an actual suggestion, or your request wont get looked at seriously by devs.

[media]http://youtube/gasAFyonmmI?t=7m15s

Okay. Melons, that you can plant, grow, and then eat. It helps your hunger not go down. Maybe even fills up your thirst a tiny bit? I made the post to make the suggestion, then people below discuss what it could do, or how it would function mechanic wise. I thought the general idea of what a melon is would be enough to kinda' get the general idea of what I was suggesting.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but there is only enough room in this game for one watermelon :(

• Like 4

I am not apposed to it but like others have said better things to be done in my opinion like more furnishings for the houses things like that. That is what I think the art team should work on and getting the new boats in game

Edited by Kegan

Ok I was in the middle of writing an honest response and you all keep going at the idea simply because of whom posted it. If someone else had posted the same idea it would get different feedback then what you guys are giving. Just leave your bias in another thread and treat this as if another player had suggested it please.

• Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Racism / Trolling
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Racism / Trolling

Watermelon might make the game more attractive to the black community. Wurm needs more members.

• Like 3

Always for more variety in the flora and fauna even if there's no immediate, unique usage for them. Let alone having models and animations. That stuff can come later. 

Lavender is a good ingame example.

Granted it does make things look half-asked releasing content that way.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - response to Judicator post
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - response to Judicator post

Watermelon might make the game more attractive to the black community. Wurm needs more members.

Why did you have to go there? That was uncalled for.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - response to Judicator post
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - response to Judicator post

oh god ROFL

YES +1

Edited by Kediec
Moderation Edit

Id rather see sheep. Sheep have more use. We have enough plants, fruits, trees we need more animal types.

Eh, no offense to you Bashur, but this doesn't sound like something all that important so it isn't a priority. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be added, but still I see no point. More variety is a good thing, but with the way wurm is now, there really isn't all that much of a difference between pumpkins and potatos. Mellons would just be another food with the same function as all the other growable crops.

I'd rather see something like tomatoes to make tomato sauce so we could make pizza, and grains made into pasta w/ sauce for spaghetti, also since we have eggs already why not better uses..omelets, fried/boiled eggs...

also, why make things that could be interesting I.e. sandwich with a max of 60 nut? make them harder to make instead but with chance of better nut? it just makes them pointless w/ 60 max

Edited by Rhiannone
  • Like 1

Only purpose would be watermelon juice, Hell no will watermelons go into meals. It's also a fruit, I would much rather have tomatoes, as a new fruit.

Edited by yashua