Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Announcing Monthly Art Roundups

Header Beginning

Hey everyone!

Recently, we’ve been very impressed by the fanart that many members of our community have been creating. Not only are many people regularly sharing fanart that they’ve created, but the recent art competition that we ran was incredibly well participated, and we’d like to keep up that momentum.

So, beginning in November, we’ll be running monthly fanart roundups. We’ll collect all of the fanart that you make and gather it together in one place for everyone’s enjoyment!

In addition, we’d love to see a much wider range of art forms published. So we’ll be opening the doors to any stories, poems or music as well as more painted/drawn art! We’d also love to see more people trying their hand at creating things – even if you aren’t particularly experienced, we want as many people as possible to try. Practice makes perfect!

We’ll try to do our best to gather up all art for every roundup, but to ensure that your stuff gets posted, please send it to Docterchese on the forums. The roundups will be posted to the forums and our social media outlets (e.g. Facebook.)

We literally can’t wait to see what you come up with! And, if the roundups are successful enough, then we’ll expand on the original concept, with monthly competitions, prizes and more…

See you in November!

P.S. We will do our utmost to respect the creators of all art that we post, and will be more than happy to remove any art from all of our outlets if so requested by the creator of that work.

• Like 9

In occasion of the opening of this roundups i would like to suggest a fix spot in your collection for gumbos magazine "The Wunion". Although i am totaly aware that this roundups are about artworks and not about investigative journalism i think gumbos continuous efforts, of spotting the light on the secrets of wurm and keeping the comunity up to date about all the big and small oddities of our game world, are suiatable to direct the attention of some former players back to the game.

Also, the roundups are a good idea. :)

• Like 1

In occasion of the opening of this roundups i would like to suggest a fix spot in your collection for gumbos magazine "The Wunion". Although i am totaly aware that this roundups are about artworks and not about investigative journalism i think gumbos continuous efforts, of spotting the light on the secrets of wurm and keeping the comunity up to date about all the big and small oddities of our game world, are suiatable to direct the attention of some former players back to the game.

Also, the roundups are a good idea. :)

I suppose that the objective of these roundups is to inform players of all the great stuff being made out there. Equally, The Wunion also aims to inform players, but instead of the shocking stories that sometimes crop up in the dark corners of the Wurm world.

I suppose it's written art, so if we get a monthly submission then sure, it can be included :D

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 2

Maybe you should expand the forums if you are going to be doing this for an extended time. There is a lot jumbled up here in this section already the way it is. If nothing else maybe make an "art corner" or something in the Inn.

Edited by Kegan

Awesome! Can't wait to see some sweet art!!

EDIT: What we do on the bethesda forums is have a single thread where everyone submits their art. When it fills up we make a new one linking back to the old, etc. Maybe that could work? Expanding the forums just for fanart seem cluttery doesn't it? Just my opinion.

Edited by Bashur

Maybe you should expand the forums if you are going to be doing this for an extended time. There is a lot jumbled up here in this section already the way it is. If nothing else maybe make an "art corner" or something in the Inn.

We're strongly considering opening up a new fanart section for it :)

Awesome! Can't wait to see some sweet art!!

EDIT: What we do on the bethesda forums is have a single thread where everyone submits their art. When it fills up we make a new one linking back to the old, etc. Maybe that could work? Expanding the forums just for fanart seem cluttery doesn't it? Just my opinion.

I suppose that's one format to consider, otherwise I'd suggest either one thread per uploaded piece of art or each contributor has their own thread that they post their stuff to.

"I suppose that's one format to consider, otherwise I'd suggest either one thread per uploaded piece of art or each contributor has their own thread that they post their stuff to."

Could do it like the epic forums, players contact someone in order to get their account access to post in the art section.

I think that would be too much more work to have to do really, and it could dis-encourage people from posting too.

Don't like the idea of one topic per author, people often neglect new posts compared to new topic ;) they just won't know if the author added more stuffs unless they check regularly for all the comments :P .

agree there rose ;) its better if its like a seperate gallery at all or one topic for all pictures ^^ maybe a monthly topic?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 14, 2013 - spammer
Hidden by Kediec, October 14, 2013 - spammer

Proud not carried away, frustrated not drooling; living in good times must be done carefully, otherwise easily Queer. Life is proud it is easy to carried away, one carried away do not know what his last name, so the evil thoughts and evil deeds will Chenxi infiltration. Adversity must be extremely patient, or easy early mortality. Easily frustrated when life gaffe, a gaffe not know their future, so negative and Buy WOW Gold despair will Chenxi infiltration. Mo gains and losses to be carried away by the moment, he must be prepared to refrain grown arrogant, complacent. Intoxicated with victory means stop and pause, lose vigilance. Life on the road to never let up, victory is just a small signpost. In order to achieve the final victory, if they work hard, try, try again.

Sign in to follow this