Sign in to follow this  
Chiqa

Message For Rolf

Sir: if you cannot stand the players of Wurm right now it is understandable you where bashed pretty hard today. Please know I write this missive with  a soft thought in my heart for you and your creation.  I think  that many players like myself no longer purchase  silver from the shop. Before the price hike, I always did, preferring to support the game directly. I would love to continue doing that, unfortunately it is just not feasible for me to do so with the current price of silver purchased from the shop, so I purchase from other players. They are making the money that should go to you and taking care of Wurm. I have no doubt you have been advised  on what to do by far too many people. It is out of concern for the future of Wurm I speak up. The hike affected my spending habits 2 fold (I no longer  prem an alt)  that is minor to me. I am still here and very loyal to Wurm . I hope the answer  to keeping things going in a sane manner comes to you. 

Best wishes

Just another Wurm 

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 5

0v2i4.jpg

Seriously, can't this chill for a couple days?

Edited by Jakenheimer

I too wanted to write Rolf a message. Sorry for a semi-hijack, but another topic seems redundant.

- Not so vocal, forum-shy segment of your player-base representing.

People are acting like you are killing kittens. Personally, I think you are a guy trying to grow a business . You are human, and it was or was not a mistake. I can't make logical sense of this inordinate response, but hopefully in a day or two people will be able to take a little perspective on the matter.

No kittens were harmed.

I like Wurm. I like the game, my home within, and all of the wonderful people I've met from around the planet.

It's unlike any MMO I've tried, and not just the game play. I love watching it develop over time. I love the quirky personal feel of it too; from having staff in our alliance to needing to Google timezones when the servers are down in case some guy in Sweden is sleeping. It's evident that this isn't Blizzard, and that is part of the charm.

Keep your chin up.

• Like 5

I called it again!!!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88721-special-treatments/?p=886743

Well, good thing is we don't have forum goers that mimic that of larger MMORPG titles. Otherwise we may have started seeing a list of thread titles such as:

To the people who think:

I'm sorry but I think...:

Opening new thread to talk about how and why a thread got closed:

Opening another thread talking about the previous thread that got closed for talking about the thread that got closed originally:

Special Treatment thread #45

I want name changes: (This thread in suggestions and ideas)

Any thread that has the word "implemented" in the op's post:

This game is a joke:

To the developers:

To the GM team:

To the owner:

To the volunteers:

I quit:

I'm quitting:

etc

etc

etc.

The same thing every forum you go to, oh crap, its already starting on this one. Musta happened while I was typing this... Mob mentality sucks and it brings plagues upon houses.

Edited by Romally

i think its beyond chill. rolf. just admit u made an executive decision. it works well in america. i wont complain.

Maybe if we were unable to purchase prem time with silver, and the price went back down to 5euro a month, then maybe wurm wouldnt be loosing out money. There would be the few children that wouldnt afford it, or those that do not own a debit card, but in general the majority would be able to pay. 

I havent thought of all sides of the argument, but im sure this idea was flipped around from time to time in the dev team

I too wanted to write Rolf a message. Sorry for a semi-hijack, but another topic seems redundant.

- Not so vocal, forum-shy segment of your player-base representing.

People are acting like you are killing kittens. Personally, I think you are a guy trying to grow a business . You are human, and it was or was not a mistake. I can't make logical sense of this inordinate response, but hopefully in a day or two people will be able to take a little perspective on the matter.

No kittens were harmed.

I like Wurm. I like the game, my home within, and all of the wonderful people I've met from around the planet.

It's unlike any MMO I've tried, and not just the game play. I love watching it develop over time. I love the quirky personal feel of it too; from having staff in our alliance to needing to Google timezones when the servers are down in case some guy in Sweden is sleeping. It's evident that this isn't Blizzard, and that is part of the charm.

Keep your chin up.

People aren't really mad, they're just super disappointed that he played the money card to a certain extent and he even made a post saying that he would be treated normally as any other player. When you have someone basically slap you in your face and break his word in front of you its disheartening.

its not up to you to decide what the rules and prices are. its up to you to decide what the prices are as to what u want to pay. if u want to pay more... go. if you dont... dont.

People aren't really mad, they're just super disappointed that he played the money card to a certain extent and he even made a post saying that he would be treated normally as any other player. When you have someone basically slap you in your face and break his word in front of you its disheartening.

He didn't intend to cause you personal emotional distress. I think it's safe to assume he didn't expect this response. He is a human being.

edit - not making judgement calls here, just pointing out that whether you are Rolf or this Bashur guy, all of the piling on has to be really stressful.

Edited by Gypsy
  • Like 2

He didn't intend to cause you personal emotional distress. I think it's safe to assume he didn't expect this response. He is a human being.

edit - not making judgement calls here, just pointing out that whether you are Rolf or this Bashur guy, all of the piling on has to be really stressful.

That's the path they've chosen, they've chosen to step into the public spotlight with their respective careers.

It's like when a celebrity cries because the paparazzi follows them around.

Groundchuck is just saying what most think, can't say I blame him for being blunt.

• Like 1

I tend to start arguments when I'm blunt and I can't afford to stay up all night tonight.

then be blunt sir. are u a puritn?

Would you like to buy a vowel?