Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Special Treatments

Rolf directly said that Bashur isn't getting any preferential treatment for being "famous", "we don't handle those judgements differently based on fame or money, for which we are proud." And no, he didn't unban the account but he unbanned the players ip, but then he let him convert back and forth because he left something in his bank on JK, then he changes his name for him. Heres my thing, If bashur is supposed to be so good for the game, and has all these noble intentions, why do all these things? He shouldn't want the game to be any different for him, or give him special treatment. He shouldn't want to be the focus of all these arguments, which he wouldn't be if he didn't keep requesting all this preferential treatment.  He should want to play just the way it is, because that's the experience he said he wants. Its not like people don't know this would cause an issue with the community that's already here. You can't tell people for years that things can not be different for just one person, and then do the exact opposite for one person. Its extremely poorly thought out, and if Bashur really honestly just wants to see wurm succeed, and not just come and be pampered for his internet fame, then he would know this isn't how that's should be done. But hey, I guess even bad publicity is publicity right? If you can't see how bad this all is for the "community" of existing players (anybody), I'll let you borrow my glasses.

My question is:

What happens if the original Ianrose buys his account back? Will he have to keep the name Bashur, or can he have his own name back?

I fail to see how this was 'sudden' in any way...it began with official posts of welcome..and has increased to build since that time, then NOW to find out special considerations have also been given to some competitor's (minecraft) celebrity, (the status was not earned from wurm playing but from minecraft vids)

Klaa was poking at another situation that happened in years long passed. I chuckled, but refrained from commenting on his post in fear of the trouble I could get myself into. 

• Like 1

I do not question the Rolf in anything he would do.

Its not a good idea nor do I think that I am smarter or have more insight then he does.

I do not wish to get my head cut off or chained in a dungeon for years.

If Rolf sent me a message and said we have decided to reset all your stats to zero or that I would lose the account then I would say "ok" and hope that there was something down the road that made it good for me.

I am not part of the games design. I just enjoy it as it comes. So I guess its ok for some of you to question.

I don't think most of us that protest with civil manner here thinks we are smarter than him. No. Speaking for myself, I am enjoying the game that is why when the game is 'disturbed', I have to protest. While yes it is not a direct effect to myself, the subsequent weird decisions been made recently (gm rulling on JKH, pmk changes and tdl disband, this name changes)put me into constant fear that all hope for 'all game changes are thoroughly discussed by the devs team (and gm teams when applicable)' is lost.

• Like 1

I do not question the Rolf in anything he would do.

Its not a good idea nor do I think that I am smarter or have more insight then he does.

I do not wish to get my head cut off or chained in a dungeon for years.

If Rolf sent me a message and said we have decided to reset all your stats to zero or that I would lose the account then I would say "ok" and hope that there was something down the road that made it good for me.

I am not part of the games design. I just enjoy it as it comes. So I guess its ok for some of you to question.

Cough... SHEEP... Cough

• Like 2

Name change for Bashur is completely reasonable. If you don't understand the reason please get out of your shell and place yourself in Rolf's perspective. Wurm, afterall, is for-profit.

AND Special treatment my ass. Special treatment would be like giving Bashur free premium time for the subscribers he would be attracting. 

I personally don't want name change implemented to Wurm. However, if it does, it should be done through shop only (not silver) and announce it to the server/cluster. 

So how about we stop complaining about some guy w/ an annoying voice getting a name change and start demanding the staff to fix bugs and add more features (so that the things that Rosedragon mentioned don't happen again)

P.S. Remember to read my signature and think... are you truly just or merely being butt-hurt?

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 3

Klaa was poking at another situation that happened in years long passed. I chuckled, but refrained from commenting on his post in fear of the trouble I could get myself into. 

IC thanks :)

Yeah I stepped out of line on this one I admit it.

Will I change the name back?

I don't see that happening. It's part of history now and it works. A royal mistake though.

I still think this will be good.

I totally understand and agree about all the comments on double standard and all your anger.

Let's hope Wurm survives this situation. At least I do. I have tried to accomplish something great. Sorry if I fail. I'm honestly really sad now.

Goodnight.,

rolf i love the game you have created, i first came here long ago when it was just golden vally , one little server and over the years i checked back in and watched it grow to what it has become today, i still play and enjoy wurm very much, i may not always agree with your decisions but i will always love your game, hang in there , things always get better =)

• Like 3

Name change for Bashur is completely reasonable. If you don't understand the reason please get out of your shell and place yourself in Rolf's perspective. Wurm, afterall, is for-profit.

AND Special treatment my ass. Special treatment would be like giving Bashur free premium time for the subscribers he would be attracting. 

I personally don't want name change implemented to Wurm. However, if it does, it should be done through shop only (not silver) and announce it to the server/cluster. 

So how about we stop complaining about some guy w/ an annoying voice getting a name change and start demanding the staff to fix bugs and add more features.

Exactly.

Grow up.... its just a single nick name change.

Rolf did good thing. Helping personally with such case was good move for a good reason.

The more players the better even for us. Simple.

Edited by vill

I like these latest comments, too bad my social skills on the internet are not like u folks so i couldnt say it in a proper way, praise wurm and stop the drama pls

• Like 1

... Bashur got killed by Nintendojoe for livestreaming a deed ... Then some people (mostly nosfire's group) killed him in SB with alts... And recently, I caught Bashur talking with nos and co even though I warned him not to, so that makes him an enemy....

A typical wurm pvp mix of paranoia, bloodlust and tyrany.

How about killing people beacause of being offended by them appearing in local / playing on the same server / playing at all ?

Also i try imagine how this first kill was:

- Bashur running around and streamin like "Oh look people, here in wurm you can deed land for yourself and friends and then create nice houses and such. Oh see, there must be the owner of this deed."

- next moment a dude in plate armor with a huge axe appears and starts slaying Bashur life and direct on stream

a big fat LOL

Oh look all the whiners have congregated to one forum thread now maybe if we could somehow trap them all in here.

Well then, let me be the first to show support for your decision rolf.

+1 ROLF! i support you!

• Like 4

rolf i love the game you have created, i first came here long ago when it was just golden vally , one little server and over the years i checked back in and watched it grow to what it has become today, i still play and enjoy wurm very much, i may not always agree with your decisions but i will always love your game, hang in there , things always get better =)

I do think that's the point - We all love the game and that's why most of us complain - for the future of the game we all love.

I do hope bashur will understand he owe you (Rolf) a huge favor and will repay you bringing more peeps in Wurm and not driving players away like he did the last time.

Keep the good work Rolf, keep the game going on and keep us dreaming.

• Like 1

*offers support to Rolf who seems to be taking this too hard* I really don't have a problem with the name change.

I like the idea of account history and I don't think name changes should be available to everyone. I don't know much history of name changing in wurm but if today you have set a precedent of "player names can only be changed in exceptional circumstances". That is perfectly fine. It's not special treatment, it's exceptional circumstances. Special treatment would be not allowing a player in a similar situation the same courtesy.

Bashur getting a name change does not mean they should be available to all, nor should you reverse it. It means those who want a name change should find a way to get wurm on the radar of a few hundred thousand people.

• Like 3

How about killing people beacause of being offended by them appearing in local / playing on the same server / playing at all ?

Also i try imagine how this first kill was:

- Bashur running around and streamin like "Oh look people, here in wurm you can deed land for yourself and friends and then create nice houses and such. Oh see, there must be the owner of this deed."

- next moment a dude in plate armor with a huge axe appears and starts slaying Bashur life and direct on stream

a big fat LOL

Honestly, it's very understandable that peoepl on PvP servers do not want their entire deed layout to be visible by anyone on youtube. If he just wanted to stream nice deeds and chitchat with mayors he shouldnt have picked a PvP server, lol

• Like 4

People subscribe to Youtube channels all the time for no other reason then doing someone a favor.

I've seen people rack up huge amounts while not even having a true "following".

Don't forget there are hundreds of thousands of accounts no longer active as well.

Can we get some numbers so that we can actually see if he has been so "beneficial" to the game?

• Like 2

Reading Rolfs initial statement on this topic my conclusions are.

1. Account renaming can be done but its very selective. (provide reasonable cause)

2. Rolf knows there has been a fall in his income from wurm , inwhich is being seen as a loss of customers . 

3. He is asking for our help to get more people to play wurm.. <-- Dont get me wrong its not directly asking, its just what I can see. 

Rolf I do have one question for you. 

If you were to rename my account Silverback for instance, I can provide you with alternative account alias I have used for other consoles or games online. 
Why would you think that my renamed account will give this game the edge over the many others out there that are charging less per month for premium time?  

*I am in the #1 ranked alliance on a facebook game (in-which I pay to play) Battle Pirates, have been on the highscores on one of the best MMORPG for 2years in the past was a moderator for 18 months on the same MMORPG, I also have many accomplishments on many other accounts*

Regards,

TheMerchant

p.s + 1 for renaming .
You can pm me the reply if needs be Rolf

Reading Rolfs initial statement on this topic my conclusions are.

1. Account renaming can be done but its very selective. (provide reasonable cause)

2. Rolf knows there has been a fall in his income from wurm , inwhich is being seen as a loss of customers . 

3. He is asking for our help to get more people to play wurm.. <-- Dont get me wrong its not directly asking, its just what I can see. 

Rolf I do have one question for you. 

If you were to rename my account Silverback for instance, I can provide you with alternative account alias I have used for other consoles or games online. 

Why would you think that my renamed account will give this game the edge over the many others out there that are charging less per month for premium time?  *

*I am in the #1 ranked alliance on a facebook game (in-which I pay to play) Battle Pirates, have been on the highscores on one of the best MMORPG for 2years in the past was a moderator for 18 months on the same MMORPG, I also have many accomplishments on many other accounts*

Regards,

TheMerchant

p.s + 1 for renaming .

You can pm me the reply if needs be Rolf

Lmao :lol:

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

^ Whether or not it works is not as important as the spirit in which it was done.

• Like 1

by Alyeska:

>Honestly, it's very understandable that peoepl on PvP servers do not want their entire deed layout to be visible by anyone on youtube. If he just wanted to stream nice deeds and chitchat with mayors he shouldnt have picked a PvP server, lol<

Understanable, but still an mmorpg, compared to an ego-shooter allows a wider range of possible reaction to a traveler accidentialy passing by then just kill kill kill.

However i think im going a bit oftopic here, so:

rolf +1 for attempting to atract new players. Go on with this and pull on every string you see. But also consider the comunity feedback and try to act accordingly.

Edited by Klinge

LOL, uh so one guy goes against what everyone else wants and kills Bashur, and Bashur declares that he is going to overun our server and grief the crap out of us. First off, we didn't kill him. it was Nintendojoe, and he is kicked out now. In fact, many of us were spamming in chat NOT to kill him. It was just one guy who is kicked out now. Second off, if someone makes claims like Bashur did, you fight back.

We arn't being "bloodthirsty" when we fight someone who claims he is going to take over the server through griefing.

You have to understand that the actions of one individual don't allways constitute what the kingdom in general wants.

Edited by Sir Arowhun