Sign in to follow this  
Sweety

Special Treatament Breaks The Chain Of Trust - Another Op

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Responding to personal attack from Void
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Responding to personal attack from Void

Judging from your retarted trollpost its your 1 year older big sister.

oh so when someone says something you dont like its a troll post? my bad... and yes you are correct...since i was born on a leap year im technically 7 years old. booyah for you!

You just validated my point of Rolfs decisions not making a seasoned player want to quit.. but the players themselves. another point! Wanna say something else since your on a roll?

Edited by Lolly1

#unrelated ~~ on the actual leap day eh, thats kinda cool

This is just not right at all, they should either Revert the name choice or Reset his skills, if he wants to be some all powerful popular dude then he can just get his fans in to help not cheat his way in

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Trolling / Derailing
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Trolling / Derailing

oh so when someone says something you dont like its a troll post? my bad... and yes you are correct...since i was born on a leap year im technically 7 years old. booyah for you!

You just validated my point of Rolfs decisions not making a seasoned player want to quit.. but the players themselves. another point! Wanna say something else since your on a roll?

You was calling others 8 years old childs, that alone shows how serious you or anything you write can be taken.

Anyway, welcome to my almost full blocklist, this is not the place to argue with people like you, even if i wouldn´t be too old for that crap.

Guys, can we please calm down and stop fighting between each other?

By insulting between us we only give a reason to mods to close the thread and let the story die. :(

You said in another thread that you moved on, yet you want to keep the story going. Interesting.

• Like 2

Story being Rolf gave some guy a needed name change?

Y'know I don't think there's too much more we can extract from this one.

but I could be very wrong.

Remember when Doughboy was let off because he was "good for the game".

Im really good for encouraging pvp servers hook it up. Straight up.

Tony only a few people actually know who Doughboy is now.

I just really have one question, and I don't think Rolf will answer, but really.. did it help?

I mean I grasp you did it for the game, but I seen his place on Wurm, and there's like.. 5-10 people.  I mean 600,000 subscribers (which I don't even know is legit, the views on the videos don't even come near to matching), I am wondering really how many more premium players you gained from it all.  I haven't noticed any huge spike of thousands, or hundreds.  Maybe 10 or so from what I saw in local of a video/stream.  I dunno where graphs are, so a bit hard to tell.  

Edited by Postes

I have 2 in my village on freedom isles that came from watching his video, just because they are not in bashur's pvp village doesnt mean they are not here.

One of the hardest things in business (and Wurm must first and foremost be a business or else it will be nothing in time) is knowing when to upset your business model.  Seems Rolf understands that and therefore there is hope of Wurm surviving in my mind.  Those who cry, "The rules!" don't seem to grasp this point.

Of course, doing something like this has to have a good payoff and the shame is that the payoff seems so little--perhaps even negative.  Good luck Rolf and all the best,  I know you tried--learn and move on.  I've been gone 3.5 years and loving every minute of being back.

Now, just can't resist stirring the pot a bit.  The majority of the "issues" with name changing seems to be around pvp (and yes, I read every single post in all the threads I could find).  It seems that the pvp crowd has develeped some sort of matrix on who can kill who.  How boring.  It would seem allowing name changes would be a great way to mix it up again.  Just a thought.

Simple truth: People are not equal, never were and never will be equal.

Stop this crap and stop bashing Rofl for decision he made, it was a good one. Bashur simply belongs to animals that are more equal than others - he's advertising Wurm for free in front of half milion of his viewers so obviously he's more important than average Joe who few years ago made/bought a character "ILIEKBUKKAKE" and recently realised how redneckish his nick is. New people are comming, population of Desertion recently doubled... for a price of stretching some rules and simple name change? i would call this a fair deal. Wurm needs more people which are "more equal"... for sure we need such people on Affliction.

Edited by Qaay
  • Like 2

As soon as Rolf admit he made a mistake and realize what he have done, I just shut up. ya know neither reverting the change or letting everyone change names to be a good decision, it will just be another terrible catastrophe. Now, what I am expecting is that from all the riots that happen, we will see less ninja decisions or ninja updates. If these still happens, I guess all hope is lost and pvp will be dead soon or later cause these kind of ninja decisions mostly harm pvp, where a single update can cause a kingdom to collapse or rise.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

I just find it funny how people asked for name changes in the past and it was denied because of the game rules, and Rolf says that noone gets special treatment. However, I'm glad that Rolf at least mentioned he made a mistake, and I hope he will never pull anything like this again.

Stop this crap and stop bashing Rofl for decision he made, it was a good one. Bashur simply belongs to animals that are more equal than others - he's advertising Wurm for free in front of half milion of his viewers so obviously he's more important than average Joe who few years ago made/bought a character "ILIEKBUKKAKE" and recently realised how redneckish his nick is. New people are comming, population of Desertion recently doubled... for a price of stretching some rules and simple name change? i would call this a fair deal. Wurm needs more people which are "more equal"... for sure we need such people on Affliction.

This isn't Animal Farm.

dwnq

is the post editor not working for anyone else?

Edited by Silures

Stop this crap and stop bashing Rofl for decision he made, it was a good one. Bashur simply belongs to animals that are more equal than others - he's advertising Wurm for free in front of half milion of his viewers......................

Half a million viewers? Wtf? His first wurm video on youtube got 47k views, his second video 25k views... and I'm guesing his third video will be down to 10k views. That's no where near half a millon lmfao.

Half million views would mean 500+++ people on Golden Valley instead of 50+. So I guess we don't want to know what happens if Wurm gets half million views on one youtube video.

Hello friends,

I just finished selling my account (a decision I took as result of this incident) so this will be my last post on this thread / subject, since it no longer concerns me.

I'm sure that for most of us the problem with this decision was not the action itself or its direct consequences; after all everyone knows that IanRose is now named Bashur and he is no PVP star even so.

But the problem is the dangerous precedent it created.

Far now, we are all equals in front of rules. Rich or poor, famous or anonymous, seasoned veteran or first day player - we were all treated exactly the same. Or as Rolf said "we don't handle those judgement differently based on fame or money, for which we are proud". And we were proud of him for acting like this. And although many times we may not have agreed with the rules, we always did respected them, because we knew that they are the same rules for everyone.

Then rules started to be bending for Bashur - we know for sure about the name change, but there are rumors about more than this (like a fast conversion MR - JK - MR so he can take some items out of the bank, direct access line to Rolf / GMs, not having to wait like all of us in line for a few hours so his support tickets are handled, etc). And that was not nice. 

And the name change, it may not sound like a big deal, but it is something that anyone involved in a character trade probably carved for all these years. We all have our favorite names, which maybe we carry from one game to another, and which represent us. Far now we had only two options - buy a high skilled character and live with its name which would not represent us, or pick a name we like, and work out a$s to raise her skills. All of us except Bashur. To be honest that's even worse than allowing him to "buy his skills in a PTW shop"; at least in those case his 700 euros (or whatever he paid for) would have went to CodeClub and towards development, not in another player's pockets.

Now, do we want name changes for everyone? Hello no!

Do we want his name reversed to IanRose? Yeah, that would be nice, but not really care about it either.

What do we want then? Simple... we want Rolf to admit that he made a mistake (he already did), to apologize for it (he didn't, but hey, we all know that you guys are so full of ego that it's hard for you to say the words :P), but most of all we want him to promise that he will stop doing these things - rules bending, silent changes / nerfs, and at least discuss them with the community first. The final decision is still his, but we want to at least be involved in the decision making process and help by stating our points of view. If this would have happened in this case, the mistake (which he admitted) could have easily be avoided.

And now some final words for some of Rolf's defenders:

To those that say it was not a mistake: It was. Even Rolf admitted.it was a mistake. So stop denying something he admitted himself.

To those that say it's not a big deal, that only a few people complained, that the 54 likes these post got are an insignificant amount, and that the game will benefit more from the influx of new players coming from Bashur's videos: 54 likes may not sound a lot in terms of Facebook, but on our community they made it the second most popular post ever (and no, I hold no merit for writing it, just happened to be me and not someone else) which says something about how many people were bothered by this.

And, finally, a question: We saw a lot of pissed off people, we saw a few people quitting, we even saw staff members resigning. Was it worth? Can someone please tell me how many new premium accounts resulted from the red carpet and the favors handed to Bashur? More important, could someone please tell us two months from now on how many of those players renewed their premium membership?

This being said and done...

OVER AND OUT!

Edited by Sweety
  • Like 2

Well, thanks to he who must not be named we are a player shorter.

And people are still hurt and upset about it.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Personal attack
Hidden by Kediec, October 8, 2013 - Personal attack

Ding Dong the witch is dead the wicked witch is dead.

And, finally, a question: ... we even saw staff members resigning.

What? Who?

• Like 1