Sign in to follow this  
Bashur

Statement By Bashur.

Youtube Career... to think I thought I'd  seen just about everything from this latest generation.

Try holding down a normal 9-5 like the rest of the responsible and mature world... lazy brat.

The economy sucks and if you don't have the money to get certified in anything or a degree then the only way your going places is through entrepreneurial efforts like what he is doing.  Also the traditional 9-5 job stuff doesn't work for the people getting out of high school and college.  It's a big joke because even degree holders are having a hard time finding work that will pay all the bills. 

You can mock him all you want but making even simple video game videos that people will want to watch takes a lot of effort.  I can spend upwards to a few hours of work putting together a five minute video, that doesn't include render, upload time, or recording the needed material.  Just recording the needed footage for the video can take many days in of itself.

He making some money because he saw an opportunity and went for it.  If your going to berate someone for being lazy making money then attack the CEO's of the international corporations, bankers, and politicians.  Other wise your just making yourself part of the problem. 

And for the last part this isn't the place to post your grips you have about someones source of income.  Take it to another board or better yet make youtube videos about your grips about this.  Then you will see how hard it can be to make something people will actually want to watch.

• Like 1

Elevation is the better place to be, you wont have home server drama, and the population is mostly quite mature despite what some have said here it seems the freedom population is worse at calling names and judging people.

Movie named heart land..>ROFL isnt there already a TV show and a movie (from 1979) with that name..GL with the copyright to that name. I smell BS again...Where is my boots

Edited by Emane
  • Like 1

Movie named heart land..>ROFL isnt there already a TV show and a movie (from 1979) with that name..GL with the copyright to that name. I smell BS again...Where is my boots.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTuZN8Ch1mM

We already have the copyright. This is the trailer we shot a week before Minecon for only 12k as a POC.

So if you're smelling BS, it's probably your upper lip. We film in November.

Edited by Bashur
  • Like 1

I find it stupid that Bashur is getting all of this hate what  in the world did he do to yiu

Youtube Career... to think I thought I'd  seen just about everything from this latest generation.

Try holding down a normal 9-5 like the rest of the responsible and mature world... lazy brat.

Now that I take a moment from my busy, work filled life, to think and reflect... I too should become a Youtube star.  I could film myself as I'm working a fulltime job earning money for my family.  I could even have a sequel where I get promoted and earn even MORE money from working hard and being a leader in my career field.  Fucksake, I'll make it a trilogy and end the seriees with my retirement and show segments of me sitting on my ass doing whatever I feel like because I worked and earned a retirement.

Honest to god... boo hoo I'm so depressed and I can't do aannnnyyything but sit on my ass and play a video game, I can't find steady work, probably can't keep a girlfriend.. you and just about every other idiot brat the world has to offer.

Grow up already. 

Are you giving him money for rent, food or online games?

If yes, then you're totally entitled to tell him that and I apologize for intervene.

If not, then who are you to question his way of earning his money?

Your option was to proceed a standard career and work (as a slave) for a corporation on a 9-15 standard schedule. Nothing wrong with this. It was your option and if that makes you happy, good for you.

His option was to attempt a liberal profession and work for himself, yeah making youtube videos. From what I see he seems to be quite good at it and he seems to make quite some nice money. Again, nothing wrong with his attempt. It was his option and if that makes him happy, good for him.

If you really want to compare your options compare the income and the satisfaction you both get from your "jobs". I'm not sure about the first one, but I'm quite sure he beats you big time on the second one.

So please, just let it go and stop telling people how they should live their lives. And for the sake, how they should play their game. Remember it's his game just as much as it is your game and he's just as entitled to be here as you are so please focus on your own game and stop attacking other players, especially with these kind of thing which have no connection with the game.

Thank you. :D

Cheers,

Alexandra

• Like 2

I actually work everyday, without a day off, for about 14 hours a day. I'm also in the middle of getting ready for conventions, traveling to Europe, then Canada, then I have to go to Florida, then Georgia to start the shoot of our movie Heart Land. Then I have to move to LA which will lead to even more work. I have to do sponsorships on top of ad rev campaigns. I hardly have any time off other then when I'm traveling and only when I'm in the middle of the moving part. I have to come out with content daily, edit that content, and upload that content within a certain time frame or I don't get paid.

If you think it's so easy, I invite you to do one recording with me. You have a few hours after the recording to edit, render, and upload the video or it's completely null. If you're entertaining and engaging enough, you'll instantly grow a huge audience and then you can quit your "normal" job and have an oh so easy job like mine. Give me your skype, and we'll record tomorrow. I wake up at 6am everyday, I record at 8am. Make sure you're ready.

To follow up on this I can vouch for this as I have done it and put myself in burn out on video games.  I had support of fellow gamer buddies until their seasonal work kicked back in spring and then I became the sole producer of the videos coming out on the channel.  I finally got burnt out of video games for a while and actually didn't really game much through the summer.  I'm now just starting to get back in the mood to play certain games and looking forward to a few of my friends to get off seasonal work to help make more videos this winter.

As for sponsorship I haven't been constant enough or gotten big enough to end up with it but what little money you make off Google's Adsense is not even enough to pay for the electricity you use to render the footage.  Me and my friends made a video that got over 6000 views but only made about $6 from it.  Most videos will pull in only $0.01 from the views I get in a day.   

I barely get by as is because no one is hiring disabled vets where I live because everything requires a degree, is construction, or doesn't pay enough for the cost of getting to work.  I only make videos just to keep my resume fluffed up so it doesn't look like I sat on my butt doing nothing for that potential job in my local area.  I'm glad Bashur got a chance to make it big to where he gets to make the choice of do I make videos for a living or do some other job.  I make videos out of a sense of necessity. 

Just remember for every person that makes it big enough to make a living on youtube videos there is about 500 out there that are trying to make it big.

• Like 1

sheesh, this thread... this thread...

THIS THREAD

THIS THREAD

• Like 3

I find it stupid that Bashur is getting all of this hate what in the world did he do to yiu

Mostly freedom ppl, and he is not even on freedom, thats the funniest part

Now that I take a moment from my busy, work filled life, to think and reflect... I too should become a Youtube star.  I could film myself as I'm working a fulltime job earning money for my family.  I could even have a sequel where I get promoted and earn even MORE money from working hard and being a leader in my career field.  Fucksake, I'll make it a trilogy and end the seriees with my retirement and show segments of me sitting on my ass doing whatever I feel like because I worked and earned a retirement.

Honest to god... boo hoo I'm so depressed and I can't do aannnnyyything but sit on my ass and play a video game, I can't find steady work, probably can't keep a girlfriend.. you and just about every other idiot brat the world has to offer.

Grow up already. 

I don't like this construction worker over lawyer mentality, In my time we would strip from 6AM to 1AM to feed our 19 starving children.

The life of an under appreciated male stripper is hard, the moral of the story. Don't judge his profession, judge his character.

Now lets let this topic die, its gone to far.

Christ, what about playing the ###### game like everyone else.

Seriously: depression, youtube career, I'm only human. This isn't minecraft. You aren't dealing with a horde of mouthbreathing teenagers. I've been playing for less than a month and one thing is already  obvious. The community on this game is different from pretty much anything I've played so far (some similarities with Eve). And this kind of youdrama garbage isn't going to fit too well around here.

Cut the dramaqueen attitude, cut the ###### about "LETS TAEK OVER EVRYTHNG", cut the cheating, stop leaving garbage in every single spot you try to settle.

Then maybe people will leave you alone.

Also, this is a general forum. Not your personal blog.

• Like 3

Bashur if you want to be allies with MR, hanging out with Nosfire is not the way to do it. Especially when Nos pm'd me saying he is "preparing to engage an Outlaw war on MRH."

Have fun MR. I thought he were making a total turnaround, but I guess I was mistaken.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Bashur if you want to be allies with MR, hanging out with Nosfire is not the way to do it. Especially when Nos pm'd me saying he is "preparing to engage an Outlaw war on MRH."

Have fun MR. I thought he were making a total turnaround, but I guess I was mistaken.

Can you show me that PM? Nosfirebird has been helping us quite a bit and has been extremely nice.

Can you show me evidence of this? I find it hard to believe that new players are causing you grief and robbing you unless you give them the opportunity to. There are in game mechanics that prevent people from doing that especially as a brand new character

I was helping my buddy build his house when they tried to gang up on me, they died. The later returned and took all our stuff from forge and then proceeded to kill my horse which wouldn't be bad but i was in full plate so it was quite rude. And yes, they were fans as they wouldn't shut up about you.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF7Hlgs8to0

I don't understand this community, at all. I paid $800 for a character that was very well skilled so I can help my friends who are coming in with building, setting up deeds, all that fun stuff. I asked for help, and only one person came to me to help, and that was Nosfirebird while everyone else was telling me to leave. So I started trusting him, and this happened. Literally right when I log in. The -only- person who knew where I was was him.

$800 freaking dollars. Within minutes, killed, on the spot of log-in. I just don't understand how this is allowed? I could understand if it was done in game, but this is beyond messed up. I just.. I can't believe the amount of crap I've had to deal with since I've gotten back. My mind is blown. Completely.

I was trying to meet my friend to convert to MR so we could start on our city, so I can lay out the plans.

• Like 3

Rough. Stuff like that doesn't happen in chaos.

Edited by AnarchistRise

Bit silly, though i doubt it was nosfirebird telling them where you were.

They probably found your boat that was owned by you and were attempting to pick it.

Did you remove everyone from the accounts friendlist?

Could be something going on there.

Also looks like you are getting camped by jke at the starter deed, great to see people are spawncamping legit players.

Edited by Kagrenac

Oh my.... this whole thing is just messed up. If I am the creator of this game I would wonder if the only way to grow the game is by banning the current playerbase... glad I am not.

• Like 4

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF7Hlgs8to0

I don't understand this community, at all. I paid $800 for a character that was very well skilled so I can help my friends who are coming in with building, setting up deeds, all that fun stuff. I asked for help, and only one person came to me to help, and that was Nosfirebird while everyone else was telling me to leave. So I started trusting him, and this happened. Literally right when I log in. The -only- person who knew where I was was him.

$800 freaking dollars. Within minutes, killed, on the spot of log-in. I just don't understand how this is allowed? I could understand if it was done in game, but this is beyond messed up. I just.. I can't believe the amount of crap I've had to deal with since I've gotten back. My mind is blown. Completely.

I was trying to meet my friend to convert to MR so we could start on our city, so I can lay out the plans.

um sorry i didnt know where you were i went afk to feed my nephew and i told you to not log in when server pop was so high and they new your boat name so they knew where you were

That's probably why people told you not to associate with Nosfirebird, probably led you to your death.  

You paid 800 for ianrose, nice pick up! Come join Kingdom of Sol I'll protect you and your people.

You logged off, but like I said -- I think you should just play the game with your friends off stream/videos.  Keep to yourself, don't work with others, make your own reputation and village/kingdom.  You will probably enjoy that more than following someone else's guide or path.  Maybe when you're more established, have a village, and going out and training, then you should make some videos.  It's great to bring publicity to Wurm, but sometimes it just makes you a target and draws negative attention to yourself if you put your foot in your mouth or associate with the wrong person.  

• Like 2