Sign in to follow this  
Maiya

A Miss In Deed Seetings? And A Question

Copied from Wiki

Description
A settlement, or deed, is an area of land owned by a player or group of players: a mayor and optional citizens

Advantages
Control of who is allowed which actions within the settlement area

Allies
Allies can pick up items on the ground, even if they're on deed and your permissions would otherwise not allow people to do so

Items and creatures
This allows anyone to pick up items and tame animals within the settlement (but not inside buildings).
Allies are always able to pick up items, to let them tame animals this permission still needs to be checked.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The advantages isnt true

Missunderstand me right :)

Since allies are allways able to pick up items on there allies deeds,

the control of who is allowed which actions within the settlement area is gone.

Is it very hard to change so allies have same settings as rest of players ?

Why not let us that own the deed decide who can pick up items or not .

I would love to join a alliance, but this rule set me off :(

Reson to change is that you can join a really nice and good alliance

and next day some deed in that alliance let someone new join.

It only take one bad apple from one of the new  ( or old ones ) to ruin the game,

couse we aint able to decide who can pick up items or not .

Since you have been able to set it so allies need permission to tame animals,

I cant understand why it should be hard to change so allies need permission to pick up items,

ofcourse except those items that already belong to them like rest of players.

Next the question:

Did you miss something here or its working as intended???

Also copied from Wiki:

Mine rock and ore Mining.

Terraform Dig, pack, pave and flatten

Cultivate land.....I cant find anywhere in settings how to alloud it or not alloud it.

Shouldnt it belong with Terraform Dig, pack, pave and flatten???

Agreed. You should not be forced into decisions for deeded land which you pay for.

The advantages isnt true

Missunderstand me right :)

Since allies are allways able to pick up items on there allies deeds,

the control of who is allowed which actions within the settlement area is gone.

You're wrong here - just because people can pick up items lying around on the floor, doesn't mean you have no control over actions. You can still stop people bashing, mining, cutting trees, etc. That is controlling actions.

Having said that, I'm all for having more configuration options. Picking up and taming particularly should be added as role-specific permissions rather than generic tickboxes (which don't even apply to allies?).

I was asked by a neighbor that moved in next to one of my deeds if they could be a citizen of my deed so she can build on her house that has ended up partly under my perimeter as collateral damage to get my mine protected. I had to be a jerk and tell her no because of the way allies work we need more control for sure.  

Edited by Kegan

I was asked by a neighbor that moved in next to one of my deeds if they could be a citizen of my deed so she can build on her house that has ended up partly under my perimeter as collateral damage to get my mine protected. I had to be a jerk and tell her no because of the way allies work we need more control for sure.  

yes we certainly do

Agreed. You should not be forced into decisions for deeded land which you pay for.

Soo true

For the purpose of this post "asset" may refer to any object, including permissions, virtual objects, etc.)

A major problem with deed management is the lack of a true ACL (Access Control List). An ACL (In the IT field) at the most basic level can restrict/allow access based on individual identities (IP addresses/ranges, MAC address, OS, PORT, Keys, Tokens, etc etc. This common IT standard for network management should have an equivalent within the video game industry where assets have/can be managed by multiple individual identities.

Currently what we have is the equivalent to "domain" permissions, where the domains are non-citizen, citizen, and new roles, which are based on village names. The problem here again is the wide net approach to asset management, rather than being allowed to create a "default deny".

Give us an ACL whitelist style asset management system with the ability to create roles based on individual identities and individual permissions, not group identities and group permissions.

Edited by Romally

u didnt menttion what i think its the worse thing about this,that is all deeds on alliance can invite other deeds to the alliance and there is no way to even know who invited who,so there is no accountability

• Like 1