Sign in to follow this  
4neofclubs

Price Check On Dyes

Is there some sort of formula to generate the price of dyes? Id imagine itd be pretty hard to set a price on dyes seeing as each color has a different difficulty to make, and of course different qualities and such.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/42730-re-opened-headhunters-fluorescent-anti-depressant-store/

here you can get some idea on dye prices.

But im a dyemaker aswell and the prices vary very often.

Sometimes they just need to dye their lantern, which takes only about 0.02kg.

It wouldnt be worth dyemaker's time if the dyes would be for example 5c/1kg

Bulk prices / 1kg prices cannot be compared. It's something that you need to discuss with the customer/dyemaker.

also this might be useful to your questions

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88755-zerku-fc-carp-dyemaker/

and indeed the prices vary very often

for example i charge around 30c for a blue of 20-40 ql that would be R80 G80 B175 (20ql blue) -R60 G60 B195 (40ql blue)

and for the bright 60+ql blue i would charge 1s or more, since 60+ql woad is so haed to find

anyway, when a customer orders a dye, i ask him what he needs to pain with, since house walls dye will differ as the result color from stone walls to wood walls, buckets will differ from barrels and from boats, even if it`s the same material

so after i know what he wants to paint, i know what the best color will be, after all i do dye now for over 1 year, and sold for over 2g wort of dye, made over 5000 kg of dye and even painted few knars

so it`s best to get a color that u need and a price u need with the seller, or the other way around