Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Guard Tower Stockpiles

Equipping tower guards with weapons can help them a lot, but it can be troublesome to locate each tower guard as they run around the area of the tower. My proposition is the guard tower should be considered a container which you can open and stockpile weapons inside. Tower guards that spawn will automatically equip whatever is available in the stockpile.

This will make it much easier to make sure your tower guards are armed at all times.

The guard tower's inventory can be managed by its creator, who may set permissions similar to a cart or a boat governing who is allowed to access the container. (Everyone, Friends, Village, Kindom, etc.)

+1 If you support this idea, constructive comments and suggestions are welcome! :D

• Like 10

+1, really good idea, and I agree, it is hard to equip them. Especially if you have quite a few guards as most people do.

*imagines guards coming out auto-equipped with coifs in their hands instead of weapons*

I'm all for this idea. Also controlling who can arm them would finally allow them to realistically be armed on Freedom too :)

In past I was used arm all tower guards around my place with clubs from trolls I killed. But somebody discovered it and start to use them as cheap source of clubs.

Ablility for builder to manage access rights to tower guards has my big +1

Some weapon/armor rack for autoequip of guards can be fine too.

• Like 1

question?

do the weapons and armor return to the guard tower when the guard is killed?

wouldn't want people to farm them for free equipment.

otherwise, love this idea

+1

• Like 1

That makes 13 people. Spread the word and this may become a reality! ^ ^

+1. Also, if a guard dies to a friendly player, an animal, or old age, its gear should automatically return to the stockpile. That way you don't have to search for all of your guards' corpses every few days. Combine this with a permissions system so the gear can't be stolen, and suddenly people have a reason to spend time on their guards. This might require some balancing on PvP servers since guards are annoying enough as it is, but overall I think it'd be a fun addition.

10ql guard tower, one guard, but he's rocking 90ql scale and being a badass. Would be hilarious

Always for any means of equipping tower guards, especially if its a little more secure than the current system. Rather lack thereof.

Though Im a little torn on if gear should stay on the tg corpse.

Not to mention the container, or whatever, used to stockpile gear should be lootable. Perfectly fine with it being lockable :ph34r:

• Like 1

For same kingdom tg kills and pve kills I can see it returning to the tower to be reused, could use the excuse the other guards quickly grab the gear so it can be used for another defender. But enemy kingdom kills should be lootable and I like the klaa idea with looting/locking the tower

Thank you all for the constructive feedback :) Hopefully we can push this to becoming a reality.

+1 If you support this idea, constructive comments and suggestions are welcome! :D

There is no addressing the many guard towers that are built years ago by players who have long since quit.  In those cases there will be no owner who can manage the inventory.

If a tower is on a deed but has a different owner, who would control it?  Deed owner?  tower creator?  both?  villager access by roles or something?  alliance access?

If they are going to get weapons from the tower, maybe it stocks cotton and healing covers they can use to heal each other with based on a low skill level or even heal the player.

Items once placed in the tower should not be able to be removed unless all tower guards are dead?