Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Brown Animals

Have you noticed that almost every new animal texture has been brownish?

Spiders

Cave bugs

Mountain lions

Dogs

Cats

Scorpions

Trolls

[Crocodiles]

Large rats

Calfs

If you put them all in line, they look pretty much the same.

I dont have a problem with this, but they used to stand out more from eachother.

Edited by silakka

Would be nice to see a few different color schemes. But to be fair, they do look very nice.

Also aren't cats gray?

Croc's need more of a greenish tint, scorpions look amazing though lol

Don't forget calves.

Calves are are now light brown under the new model (resembling a calf of the Jersey breed). Interesting to note their parents are seen as black bulls (appearing to be Black Angus) and dark brown with white markings cows in-game somewhat similar to the Guernsey breed in reality.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 1

All I have to add to this is bring back the old troll model. The old model was much more menacing.

the same base lighting/color prolly to make it less hectic when certain traits (that give colors) applied.. or to give a feeling of a theme... like ya' know.. the orc lands (kalimdor?) on warcraft is all dusty yellow with critters roaming there have slight hint of same color to make em feels.. from there :P .

Most common scorpions, spiders, bugs, lions, dogs, trolls and rats are all brown on Earth too, so I don't see why this is a surprise :P

humans also different shade of brown! :o

I think all animals that spend most time walking around on plains are brown.. mostly only rainforest animals have vibrant colors, might to either tell they are poisonous or make themselves easier to spot for a mate while living far above (parrots?). Now we talking about biology xD ...

You people are never happy, honestly. Much love to the new graphic artists, you're doing great things for Wurm.

• Like 2

You people are never happy, honestly. Much love to the new graphic artists, you're doing great things for Wurm.

You misunderstood, this isnt a complain thread.

Those animals do look nice, I just pointed out an similarity in all of the new textures :)