Welcome Bashur Fans To Wurm Online!

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - trolling

I think he should change his channel picture to this one:

2LzbrTk.png

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - Suggesting another user has used a macro
Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - Suggesting another user has used a macro

I'm still finding it hard to get over the fact Rolf is so desperate for people that he lifts a ban on a macro-er so his youtubers can come pay a few premiums...

Yet all of us who have never broken rules or been warned and played for years now, and paid lots of prems dont get special welcomes :( not trying to sound full of myself.. But we can choose better audiences to welcome, no? Ones who's leaders have not broken rules?

• Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - trolling

So, the way I see it is if you bring Rolf new players (money) the rules need not apply to you. Rolf, can I shoot you some coin and macro my heart out for the weekend?

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - OT

So, the way I see it is if you bring Rolf new players (money) the rules need not apply to you. Rolf, can I shoot you some coin and macro my heart out for the weekend?

It's one iron per action!

On a serious note, I can see a few good players coming from this... But at what cost to the community...

I have no problem if the guy has made a new char and plays again, but he got his char unbanned? really?

So seems to me like all wurm players are equals, but some are more equals than the rest...

Disappointed.

• Like 6

Disappointed.

Sums it up for me.

I am really concerned that this will not end well, remember 4chan? Wurm is not designed for a huge amount of new players. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - ot because of mod action
Hidden by Jberg, October 2, 2013 - ot because of mod action

I'm still finding it hard to get over the fact Rolf is so desperate for people that he lifts a ban on a macro-er so his youtubers can come pay a few premiums...

Yet all of us who have never broken rules or been warned and played for years now, and paid lots of prems dont get special welcomes :( not trying to sound full of myself.. But we can choose better audiences to welcome, no? Ones who's leaders have not broken rules?

His ban was never lifted, as with all Characters who are caught Macroing they are perma banned plus a 30 day IP ban on other characters, they are more than welcome to start a new character once the 30days is up.

Anyway welcome back Bashur, go create merry hell!

• Like 5

Sums it up for me.

I am really concerned that this will not end well, remember 4chan? Wurm is not designed for a huge amount of new players. 

I think this would be fine if Bashur wasn't trying to get so many fights like this.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

View hidden Post

No ban has been lifted.

Only the account is permabanned, no way to stop the person in question to make a new account.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

No ban has been lifted.

Only the account is permabanned, no way to stop the person in question to make a new account.

I wouldn't have said that, because everyone knows they can now do something bad on a alt...

Could someone record Bashur's livestream next time? I don't have the software to do it myself, but I think this would be a smart thing to do. His last stream was mostly unsaved.

Stress testing

No offense Johan, but.. Catering to a youtubers populace is kinda cheesey. I know there alot of people, but.. Meh.

I DIDNT GET A SPECIAL FORUM POST WHEN I JOINED THE GAME! *sniffs* I thought we had something Johan </3

Hehehe, I am sorry to hurt your feelings Radni. ;)

We needed to address this though and speak to them as a group. The crazy amount of players that joined the game at the same time made it impossible for the Chat Moderators to cater to their needs. The servers even went down for some time when they all flooded in, making us aware of some previously unknown limitations we could address.

But how many did actually stay now that he so abruptly changed servers? Remains to be seen. But in any case, if they want to play and "take over Wurm" I am pretty sure they are going to realize they are up against some major pros!

• Like 1

I always thought perma-bans should be against the "person" primarily and against characters/alts/IP's as a 'mechanics-only' measure.

If a cheater returns, and verifies they are the same person, why not continue to ban them, no matter who they are?

...but I guess not everyone is as strict as I would be.  

I agree with the posters above that say they are 'disappointed'.   If this is a money thing, then that is sad.   I like this game.  I hate cheaters.  Simple as that.

Why should long-term players follow any of the so-called 'rules' if they know people can get away with macroing? Publicly!....and not just in some dark corner of a map somewhere.....

I SAY:   Have some self respect and uphold your own set of rules!  

To do anything less is a SLAP IN THE FACE to your current non-cheating customers.

Cheers,

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, October 5, 2013 - abuse, warned
Hidden by Jberg, October 5, 2013 - abuse, warned

What next?

Will  this: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/86789-disruptive-player-behaviour-on-serenity-and-desertion/ be applied to this cheater and his extremely smart followers?

Or is he subject to a different set of rules?

New player here, but developers bending over in front of a cheating youtube queen are an extremely disappointing sight.

Plenty of ways to attract new players, and this isn't a good one.

• Like 2

What next?

Will  this: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/86789-disruptive-player-behaviour-on-serenity-and-desertion/ be applied to this cheater and his extremely smart followers?

Or is he subject to a different set of rules?

New player here, but developers bending over in front of a cheating youtube queen are an extremely disappointing sight.

Plenty of ways to attract new players, and this isn't a good one.

This guy hasn't "cheated" so far. He might have done something in the past that got his account banned, but you are allowed to make a new one and start over. I know of many examples where this happened with other rule breakers. Of course, if he is caught breaking the rules again his account will be penalized a second time.

So, Bashur wants to "take over" the home servers. Due to the hunted system, its almost impossible to war a home server from the interior, so his war is definatly going to fail (especially since the majority of his group has low fs, but maybe they will stay and train up in the future). Being an outlaw is not against the rules, but its really hard to win because if you attack first, you go hunted and can't loot but can be looted yourself. Also, his group can't cause too much damage at one time or else they convert to BL. At the worst, a few innocent people will get swarmed and killed by a bunch of noob accounts, but no gear will be lost unless they are stupid enough to attack them first. If his group starts a mass griefing campaing in order to encourage us to attack first, I hope Rolf would do something.

I reccomend to Bashur to pick a faction to side with and start out in their homeland. Otherwise, your group is going to get driven from the game. Even if you stay, inter-kingdom pvp is not nearly as fun as kingdom-vs-kingdom pvp, so you are missing out. Maybe your group should form a PMK on elevation.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Hey everyone,

Just thinking at throwing my 2 cents...

I have to start by saying that I don't like at all Bashuverse; and about its video... I was at work (so bored and nothing to do :P), servers were down, and I still didn't resisted more than one minute watching him screaming how he is the center of the universe and how he will take over our world. Also, the fact that he was caught cheating (macroing) and banned for that, still now he is back, is one more reason to not like him and not be happy he is here (once again).

Still the fact that you or I don't like him, doesn't mean that we should be rude. If the admins decided that he (and his friends, followers, fans, minions or whatever they're called) are allowed to be here, we should have the minimal courtesy to at least don't bash them in public and make them feel not welcomed in our world. At the end of the day they have just as many rights to be here as any of us.

And about admins welcoming them... well, it's understandable, it's not about welcoming Bashuverse only, but welcoming a whole community who decided to give our game a try. Probably most of them will quit when they'll see that "taking over the world" would require them more than two weeks, but some will probably stay, leave their footprint in here and make our world a bit better place.

So from my behalf I wish them all HELLCOME TO WURM ONLINE; may your stay here be a long and glorious one, but more important, hope you'll have fun in this little world of ours.

Cheers and once again be welcomed,

Alex

• Like 2

I always thought perma-bans should be against the "person" primarily and against characters/alts/IP's as a 'mechanics-only' measure.

If a cheater returns, and verifies they are the same person, why not continue to ban them, no matter who they are?

I am just guessing now, but I believe the idea is that everyone deserves a second chance. Repeat offenders will get IP bans etc.

I don't see why this Bashur person doesn't deserve another chance. He is treated like anyone else I believe.

I just commented because I didn't like the idea that people were insinuating that Rolf unbanned someone to gain personal profit. Rolf is not even involved in the process.

Back on topic, I hope Wurm gets some new long term players out of this.

I agree with the posters above that say they are 'disappointed'.   If this is a money thing, then that is sad.   I like this game.  I hate cheaters.  Simple as that.

Why should long-term players follow any of the so-called 'rules' if they know people can get away with macroing?  Publicly!....and not just in some dark corner of a map somewhere.....  

I SAY:   Have some self respect and uphold your own set of rules!  

To do anything less is a SLAP IN THE FACE to your current non-cheating customers.

Cheers,

First offense is a warning, char ban and ip ban for 30 days.

Second offense, all your chars are permabanned, and you get a permanent ip ban.

Bashur has the same rules applied to him as everyone else, after all, he got banned the first time like anyone else would.

Hehehe, I am sorry to hurt your feelings Radni. ;)

We needed to address this though and speak to them as a group. The crazy amount of players that joined the game at the same time made it impossible for the Chat Moderators to cater to their needs. The servers even went down for some time when they all flooded in, making us aware of some previously unknown limitations we could address.

But how many did actually stay now that he so abruptly changed servers? Remains to be seen. But in any case, if they want to play and "take over Wurm" I am pretty sure they are going to realize they are up against some major pros!

i def feel like an background player now thanks. Not like huge portion of players before bash were extremely loyal to this game and we get no help and support like they did. Last i remember we had contact multiple gms for days just get files for kingdom model and flag for TK. We had 50+ PREM accs and yet got ###### service. But second bashur comes all hell goes loose to go care to him asap.( woth 3/4 his buds f2p)thanks

that also doesnt include time for them only put it into the unstable client...

I am just guessing now, but I believe the idea is that everyone deserves a second chance. Repeat offenders will get IP bans etc.

I don't see why this Bashur person doesn't deserve another chance. He is treated like anyone else I believe.

I just commented because I didn't like the idea that people were insinuating that Rolf unbanned someone to gain personal profit. Rolf is not even involved in the process.

Back on topic, I hope Wurm gets some new long term players out of this.

Nobody is insinuating anything..Bashur is STATING his ban has been lifted...

c81ccddaec9182aaf77f8476472c0e8c.png

After throwing a public fit about being banned in the first place! which is also against the rules.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74980-perma-banned-for-macroing/

AND convincing others on various websites that the Admins were crooked somehow because he had just paid for a years premium a couple days beforehand. 

http://vortacvids.proboards.com/thread/4714/bashur-banned-wurm

• Like 2

Ah drama... you help the grind go by.

Better than getting into popcorn acrobatics.

55tBsek.gif

• Like 4

I have to say, I've been impressed with the integrity of the GMs in this game. I am certain that those posts are false.

• Like 1