Sign in to follow this  
Plisscken

Decay On Deed

Well that's one of the things that would happen if I increase the decay time, a little more would not hurt I think, but then again I do like how clean the area around my deed is when it's not littered with last weeks killings  :D

I agree with Joe.  Decay on an active deed just forces menial maintenance on things.  I spent hours this weekend imping bsb's and other wood objects on my fully-funded deed because of decay ticks on items that are being used daily.

I just think if a deed is paid up over 30 days, the no-decay that we have with walls and buildings should be applied to everything on the deed.  We already suffer loss of some goods in bsb's every month.  What purpose does it serve to hit active deeds with decay ticks?

Amen brother, on deed decay is annoying gameplay. If I knew was going to become this obnoxious, I would have placed several altars inside a structure.

• Like 1

Some kind of items really should fall into the non-decay deed system like barrels and chest,...

Takes alot of fun out of having your own deed, because repairing your bulks, barrels, forges,... every few weeks is a bit too odd. I am not saying turn every deed into a big Magical Chest.

But a bit more time friendliness on deeds decay would be all we want....

Edited by Sklo:D

I do not think anyone is advocating that you should change decay off deed.  On deed, however, should be severely slowed down until you conduct your review.

Yeah off deed decay is good as it is now. Would be nonsense to change something which works just fine.

I still feel its random also. Some items of same range of ql seems to take huge hits and other little ones. Meal decay is just as wacko as its ever been. Had a 90ql meal with no damage and some other lesser ql ones with like 10-20 damage. Logged off and came back about 7 hours later. 90ql meal had 87 damage and the already damaged meals still same amount on them.

just had a 60ql meal go from 0dmg to 89dmg overnight. It was in a barrel, in a house, on a deed. Seems like something is still not right

meals spoil quickly,  I am pretty sure that is intended behavior, and it mirrors reality pretty well.

really? 0-almost 90 dmg in one tick? I've never seen that happen before when the meal was in a barrel with water. Hopefully it is not intended behavior. 

When I was young people used to feed me with 60ql meals with opulance, and those were the days. Those   meals used to last about 3-6 real life days. (with dmg)

Its weired anyway, i got 2 ql 32ish meals in my barrel (the barrel before was suddenly gone 3 days after i repaired it last time, was only ql 16 or something, but still...) that lasts until 5 days now.

With 70ish damage, but still...

Not that i care about meals, but for containers like FsBs and BsBs where i store things i put dozens of hours of of work into i feel grieved from decay on my deed.

PS: another meal ql 95+ just took 87,somewhat dmg over night (8,5 hours in a barrel too) so i guess its absolut random... like so many things in wurm.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

I feel that decay on deed is extremely high now. Especially when you have a large deed,

I'm finding that my little bit of play time has taken a huge cut just trying to keep stuff repaired and it's very frustrating, even items in containers inside buildings seem to be decaying much faster!

I agree 100% with the above poster, there should be some sort of reduced decay when items are on deed. Between the farming and enchanted grass nerf, and now this decay increase I'm finding less and less time to actually do what is fun to me in game which is making the game seem more like a chore I have to do instead of the fun escape it used to be.

• Like 5

I'd support reduced decay for everything on a deed. What's the harm in adding value to deed ownership?

Mixed feelings about no decay though. Why bother making high quality stuff?

I find BSB's outside on a deed are fine so long as QL is over about 20 and they're cedar. Offdeed too really, I don't see it as a big problem at the moment.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take all decay away from deeds, I think there should be certain containers, in which which stuff doesn't decay and which doesn't decay either.. bsb/fsb(well in it stuff doesn't decay, but it shouldn't decay either, weapon racks, armor stands, chests/coffins containers like that.. but other than that decay is good. I like to keep some stuff around which I repair for repair skill every now and then. I know my neighbour does the same, so there are probably more than just me.

On the other hand, removing the decay on items would make magic chests useless.

Been watching decay on food in barrels or fountains or buckets off deed and on. 

One day after cooking fine two days Bam had anywhere from 2% to 22%. 

Third day anywhere from 10% first tick to 50% to even 80% damage.

So it seems its a big plan to sell small magic chests and increase sales and purchasing or silver so people can go on vacation again!.

Adjust TIn foil umbrella. Ah much beter.

All I know is that Wurm is the only game I play where, as a paying player, I can't take an extended break from the game without risk of losing valuable items. If I have more than 30 days upkeep on my deeds then I feel I should NOT have to log on every few days to repair damaged items or to see if a passing troll has bashed a fence and allowed all my animals to escape. This has been one of my chief complaints about the game from day one and it still is only now the on deed decay rates are higher and more random than they've ever been before. 

Gamers like to try new games as they come out & I feel like the prospect of returning to Wurm after a break only to find that all your stuff has decayed away stops a lot of players from returning at all. At the very least on deed decay should be totally predictable so that we could do the math and figure out how long we could safely be away without losing containers. 

• Like 3

All of the low quality storage things we've previously made now need repairing, and imping to reduce the rate of decay in the future. Suddenly the amount of time needed per day on deed upkeep has increased significantly. We now also have to find the time to imp up *everything* in order to make sure it doesn't decay too fast. We have several deeds, and we've had things like fountains vanish because there's suddenly too much to do in getting every last item repaired and imped as much as possible as quickly as possible.

I pay to play, not to do chores. 

+1 for no decay on-deed when more than 30 days upkeep is paid.

we played for many years with this decay why suddenly is it a big problem? i do not get it...

we played for many years with this decay why suddenly is it a big problem? i do not get it...

Because when Rolf made a change to off deed decay it also changed on deed decay rates. idk if that was intended or if it's a bug but it needs to be changed. 

• Like 2

it was changed because the house decay rates were effective outside buildings (off-deed and on-deed).. on and off-deed decay rates are the same (only certain objects, walls/lamps etc are not receiving damage on deeds).

hmm, well i took a 2 month break. Didn't log into the game at all. Most of my off-deed houses where gone. But that's fine. I did not have to repair any of my storage bins on deed (they had some minor damage of course). I ususally imp them to 50. Haven't touched them for months now. Most of my animals where still alive thanks to enchanted grass. So i do not really know where the problem is with decay on deed. sorry

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by KaiH, October 26, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by KaiH, October 26, 2013 - trolling

No, we didn´t played with THIS decay all these years, otherwise it wouldn´t be any problem ofc.

And for other people who don´t got or don´t see a problem with the deacy i don´t know.

Maybe you got so special deeds that your decay is different.

But that the decay has changed is a fact, what is imo good off-deed-wise as it is intented.

If the ondeed-decay is intended the way it is since the change  i guess that is the final straw on the long term and people can celebrate my good-bye-post when my prem runs out next summer.

I know, thats no problem, Rolf got so much money anyway that a few accounts more or less don´t matters.

Edited by Void

I agree that the decay is way too high on deed atm.  So far, I've lost a fountain, catapult, meditation rugs and an oven.  These items don't show a partially decayed state, so they must be examined.  The ships are taking a lot of damage, too, it seems, and they are on deed.  I repaired all the rafts (~20) and some backpacks that I keep inside of the rafts and 2 days later, they all have significant damage again.  Granted, the quality of the backpacks and rafts aren't too high, but this is getting ridiculous.  If you're going to keep it this way, at least make items like fountains, rugs, ovens and the like show a partially damaged state so that we may tend to it without going around and manually examining everything.  I'm just really upset that the limited time that I have to play is now spent going around the deed and repairing stuff.  

Please make items on deed take no decay or at least greatly reduced decay.

• Like 2

Because we didn´t played with THIS decay all the years.

If some people don´t realize that the decay has changed they may have special deeds.

I'm just really upset that the limited time that I have to play is now spent going around the deed and repairing stuff.  .

That is the nub of the matter.