Sign in to follow this  
Eject

What Should We Adding On The Exo Map

Exodus Map Extensions  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what should we add on the exodus deed map?

• Towers
    • Mark the allys
    • Mark deeds or deedgroups over 10k tiles
    • Make a list with the Mayors
    • Add public mines (specially for newbies)
    • Horse selling places
    • Waypoints on the map, signs/markers in wurm

Please tell me your opinion

Multible choices possible

If you have other questions, i will add it to the poll

have a nice day and fun in wurm

Eject

New answers added

I like to get all your wishes as possible since 31.12.2013 and try to make a new map with your wishes in january 2014.

Edited by Eject

i was on exodus recently and looks like most of the deeds on the map are long gone,in some cases with even newer deeds on the same spots already disbanded so u should work on that

i was on exodus recently and looks like most of the deeds on the map are long gone,in some cases with even newer deeds on the same spots already disbanded so u should work on that

Ya Eject you could probably hire a couple nublets to go out and scout around at the deed to keep the map up to date.

Ya Eject you could probably hire a couple nublets to go out and scout around at the deed to keep the map up to date.

not really a good idea, there might be people that don't want their deed listed on the map though. Listing towers might be a nice idea. Especially around the main highways.

No I don't mean getting deeds that aren't on the map, I mean making sure that deeds that are on the map already are still actually up.

• Like 1

not really a good idea, there might be people that don't want their deed listed on the map though. Listing towers might be a nice idea. Especially around the main highways.

I think deeds that are on or next to major highways should be marked on maps as landmarks to help travellers who don't know the area

I think deeds that are on or next to major highways should be marked on maps as landmarks to help travellers who don't know the area

If someone wants their deed on the map then they can put it on the map, and if not then they just don't say anything. Deeds shouldn't be placed on the map any other way then the deed owner saying so.

• Like 1

That is not really a good philosophy, Shrimpiie. Think about it, a newcomer joins Wurm and decides to venture into some land that appears to have no deeds, settles there and then some local deed owner makes his life a hell, because he adds a templar or chops few oaks around. This could potentially be avoided if newcomer was aware of his neighbours and could ask them if s\he can settle there (or just plainly pick another area). Additionally deeds are perfect landmarks and help newcomers orient themselves immensely.

The real problems with adding other deeds to map, is that you need to take the effort to locate these deeds first, and another is that someone asking for his deed to be added to map, indicates s\he may be more inclined to stay and not disband soon after.

Anyway this unwillingness to add other deeds to map was the reason we've started running our own ally map, adding neighbors to it to help new members find good spots for their deeds. And the result of that was, we were afraid to post that map for public update because of this very rule and our area became very outdated on official map.

PS. I don't really say we should all go on deed hunting spree and add every single one on the server. But if a large deed is there for months and someone informs of that, it should be added. It not appearing on map does not make it transparent in game you know.

Edited by Aldur

I read what you said, and understand your position, however I will counter with my reasoning. It is actually very simple, if the deed poofs, people may not want it so obvious where there deed is. For example I didn't place my deed on the map for the longest time because I feared if for some reason I had to hop off Wurm for a while that the deed might poof, and then of course someone could easily look on the map where it was and loot it. This can be the same for many others I would imagine. And also yes I am ware of an alliance map, that also had put my deed onto it and I had felt that maybe if asked for permission I would've been ok with it. Of course I'm fine with it now, but maybe if players ingame might ask deed owners if it is ok to place their deed on a map, then that may be a nice equilibrium?

Well that would work only if there was an easy way to contact deed owners. As it is, it's not even easy to figure who they are. :)

I agree with Aldur that setting out as a noob to settle in what looks like a large undeeded part of the map, only to discover the whole thing is deeded or otherwise built up, can be kind of irritating.

A good compromise (that I have seen at least once on our map) would be to place a deed marker on the map but leave the name blank. That way, those with fears like Shrimpiie's do not need to worry, but those who are looking for a relatively empty area to settle can avoid that spot. I don't think anyone would object to having a blank deed marker put on the map to indicate that their deed is there. Especially if some time was left between the founding of the deed and adding it to the map (if the same day, it would be quite easy to work out which deed is which).

On topic:

Guard towers would be useful and actually might give the community some focus on where new ones are needed, especially on highways.

• Like 1

That is actually the first idea compromise that I can actually agree to. A blank name spot, or even just a simple marker to show a deed is indeed there, would be better in my opinion then placing the name of every deed on the map without consent.

I like the idea of the blank spot in the place of a name to those who haven't added their deed to the map or don't want the name published.

• Like 1

my policy for deeds always been i will and any reported deeds ,and if the owner wants it removed they can ask for that and so far nobody complained about it

Blank markers could pose some trouble, when it comes to removing once they disband.

True, would need to rely on those local to that deed to notice it goes down and report that the blank marker should be removed.

I read what you said, and understand your position, however I will counter with my reasoning. It is actually very simple, if the deed poofs, people may not want it so obvious where there deed is. For example I didn't place my deed on the map for the longest time because I feared if for some reason I had to hop off Wurm for a while that the deed might poof, and then of course someone could easily look on the map where it was and loot it. This can be the same for many others I would imagine. And also yes I am ware of an alliance map, that also had put my deed onto it and I had felt that maybe if asked for permission I would've been ok with it. Of course I'm fine with it now, but maybe if players ingame might ask deed owners if it is ok to place their deed on a map, then that may be a nice equilibrium?

But what's so wrong with people looting some of the stuff that isn't inside your buildings after you let your deed decay? I don't fully understand your reasoning...

Just keep your stuff in your buildings? And if we're talking about looting once the buildings have started decaying... well then you really have no right to claim any of that stuff for yourself still imo :P

Because you know as well as I do that no one keeps everything inside a house, and if I happen to be doing anything outside housing and for some reason can't make it back to Wurm, then the deed poofs and already would lose some things.

that is going to hapen whetever your deed its on the map or not,so thats nonsense

Not really, because at the time of m thinking on this, when I had my deed off the map, I was a complete recluse, there was maybe one active deed anywhere near me for a long while, and he was on the south side of the island, there was literally no one that traveled out to my deed area, no noob shacks, no nothing. I may not use my argument anymore but I can imagine it would still hold valid to some other players.

There was a huge argument about the 'Listing the names of Deeds against a mayors wishes VS Not doing so" when Logger first created the map and decided to take it upon himself  to map out Exo and leave no deed uncharted.  I personally don't care if my deeds are listed. I have my crap locked up tight, I have money in the coffers for upkeep. I said then and I will say now, this is a player made map.  It should be the mayor's choice as to whether they want their deed listed or not.

Not being on the map reduces but does not eliminate a risk of losing things should deed disband. Imho, it would be far better to just keep the deed coffers supplied, use a calendar to mark when upkeep runs out etc. Today we have a ton of tools to remind ourselves not to miss important things and we should be using them.

Now that being said, there is one case where not being on the map actually truly helps: deed replanting. In fact I've forgotten about this thing when writing first post. I think that until Wurm allows more flexibility in resizing deeds, it may indeed not be a good idea to forcefully add all and any deeds. I still think that deeds in more busy areas, especially around spawn points, should always be mapped to help newcomers not get lost so much, here not being on the map doesn't really help much.