Sign in to follow this  
Akiyama

Revised Steel Texture Idea

This idea is simple.. as my screen shot below shows.. i have "Edited" what steel plate could looks like with some minor shadowing and color. giving it a more used look and less of a day glow 

1s1c8h.jpg

Do give me some feed back.. shield is iron, but its lighten to resemble steel for image 

• Like 3

I prefer the current shiny stuff makes me feel all knight in shining armory

Imo would be cool maybe better ql the peices were higher the detail of the armour would look

EDIT:pieces

Edited by shankiest

The great helms look a lot different than the other steel plate parts. I like the art style of the great helms personally.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Steel is really good armor. a strong man wont be burdened by its weight if he has a decent body stat.. i just wish it was on par texture wise.. nothing against Wox or who ever textured it.. its just to bright.. i got blinded when i loaned my armor to a village member who was training.. it needs more detail outside of rivets and light dust

+1

i also think iron weapons should be the old model(touched up of course) and steel weapons should be the current model

It looks better, but my tastes says the light parts should still be darker, just give a grittier look.

thats the aim Steel around the era was still new. it was not as pure as it is today.. it was dark and crude

+1 also can you make a black night edition please.

That would be awesome. I'd also like to see gold guilded plate.

this is not about shaders.. the VBO and GL.. stuff is messed up and causes lag and crashes for ALOT of people. so we cant see the detail even if we wanted

this is not about shaders.. the VBO and GL.. stuff is messed up and causes lag and crashes for ALOT of people. so we cant see the detail even if we wanted

This will certainly be corrected

well i did take a look at the shaded armor last night. it does look like my immage allready once the shader is on. 3 seconds later my wurm crashed XD

I'm leaning more towards keeping the current texture instead of the one you posted. No offense, it looks great, but I guess it is just my tastes, I like the shining armor currently.

Also on a side note, from what was said earlier, absolutely no to quality of armor affecting look. That is just a bad idea. I would much rather have look affected by damage to the armor instead. But alas I am getting off topic, this is for another thread. Refer to m earlier statement for an answer to the OP.