Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Wurmyear: Desktop App Showing Current Wurm Time Of Year And Season

========================================================================================================

UPDATE: As of 22-Oct-2015 this little tool has become obsolete. The current time of year and season is now included in "WurmClock V3".

========================================================================================================

Most of you probably know "WurmClock" (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-and-date/). I wanted to have a similar desktop app showing the seasons and the current time of year in Wurm Online, so that I could see at one glance what the current season is and when the next season change will be due.

So I wrote this little program, which is quite similar to WurmClock (in fact, it basically uses the same program code). Like WurmClock, WurmYear displays a small (200x200) dial on your Windows desktop:

jfgo.png

This is a first Beta version of WurmYear, for all those who would like to test the program. As you see, the artwork is still pretty crude and there are no user skins, as with WurmClock.

The little green light will turn yellow, then red, if the Wurm servers have been unreachable for some time, so no time synchronization was possible.

If you like WurmYear I will continue working on the program and try to make it as useful as WurmClock (improving the artwork, allowing user skins etc.). So, please feel free to test this little app and give me your feedback. You can download the program here:

WurmYear V0.2.1

Unpack the zip file and copy the executable (WurmYear.exe) to any folder you like. There is no installation - just run the executable. WurmYear has been tested with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, but it should also run with Windows XP. (Requires the current .NET framework.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check my other tools: WurmClock, WurmStatus, WurmSkills

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

06-Oct-2013 (V 0.2): Updated the season display, fixed a bug with showing wrong Wurm date

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 7

For a visual reference watch walnut trees as they have yellow in the leaves in spring, that yellow is replaced by full green in the summer.

• Like 2

Update: Checked .net and it was 4. I thought it was 4.5. Installed 4.5. Ran as standard user, program notifies me servers are unreachable with a prompt box. Have to wait till servers are online to check again.

Update 2: Tried running as Standard User and Standard User w/Admin Escalation. Continues to tell me Wurm servers are unreachable even though the game is running and I am logged into the server.

Standard User:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: wurmyear.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 0.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 52456387
  Problem Signature 04: WurmYear
  Problem Signature 05: 0.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 52456387
  Problem Signature 07: 17
  Problem Signature 08: 0
  Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Standard User w/Admin Escalation:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: wurmyear.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 0.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 52456387
  Problem Signature 04: WurmYear
  Problem Signature 05: 0.1.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 52456387
  Problem Signature 07: 17
  Problem Signature 08: 0
  Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

DxDiag Dump @ http://pastebin.com/V6jY07yn

Update: Checked .net and it was 4. I thought it was 4.5. Installed 4.5. Ran as standard user, program notifies me servers are unreachable with a prompt box. Have to wait till servers are online to check again.

Update 2: Tried running as Standard User and Standard User w/Admin Escalation. Continues to tell me Wurm servers are unreachable even though the game is running and I am logged into the server.

Edited by Romally

Yet another nice tool Yaga =p

Simple and awesome!

I was just actually thinking when does the winter end.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

Nice but where's the option to coordinate raid times and dates with enemy kingdoms?

Well, the servers *were* down around that time. If you still can't run the program, could it be a problem with your firewall? Does WurmClock work?

For a visual reference watch walnut trees as they have yellow in the leaves in spring, that yellow is replaced by full green in the summer.

Thanks - good tip! :)

• Like 1

Well, the servers *were* down around that time. If you still can't run the program, could it be a problem with your firewall? Does WurmClock work?

As I explained in Update 2, the servers were online and I was logged in. I have added WurmYear to my Inbound firewall and allowed it to opreate on both TCP/UDP protocols with all ports open for the service. It still tells me the servers are unreachable. If you tell me what port/port range the program operates on specifically, I could see if my router is blocking the connection.

As for WurmClock, yes it does work, with no modifications or escalations needed.

It still tells me the servers are unreachable.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Does anybody else have this problem?

No problems here, Win7, no firewall settings necessary, just dragged the WurmYear.exe from the .zip file to desktop.

Another excellent tool !

Snow.

• Like 2

Nothing special. The program just reads HTML information from http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/battles/stats.html. (And it is an outbound connection, of course ;) )

It isn't my OS firewall or my router firewall. The last thing I can think of is my host file. I use a hostfile from http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Update. Checked the hostfile list, nothing in there is redirecting that connection, tried link and can access the states through my browser.

Edited by Romally

Most of you probably know "WurmClock" (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/61451-wurmclock-desktop-app-showing-current-wurm-time-and-date/). I wanted to have a similar desktop app showing the seasons and the current time of year in Wurm Online, so that I could see at one glance what the current season is and when the next season change will be due.

So I wrote this little program, which is quite similar to WurmClock (in fact, it basically uses the same program code). Like WurmClock, WurmYear displays a small (200x200) dial on your Windows desktop:

8kih.png

This is a first Beta version of WurmYear, for all those who would like to test the program. As you see, the artwork is still pretty crude and there are no user skins, as with WurmClock. Also, I'm not quite sure about the Wurm date where spring ends and summer starts - as this change is hard to notice. So the border between the green spring area and the yellow summer area may not be correct.

The little green light will turn yellow, then red, if the Wurm servers have been unreachable for some time, so no time synchronization was possible.

If you like WurmYear I will continue working on the program and try to make it as useful as WurmClock (improving the artwork, allowing user skins etc.). So, please feel free to test this little app and give me your feedback. You can download the program here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p25tv4lddzkanxp/WurmYear010.zip

Unpack the zip file and copy the executable (WurmYear.exe) to any folder you like. There is no installation - just run the executable. WurmYear has been tested with Windows Vista and Windows 7, but it should also run with Windows XP or Windows 8. (Requires the current .NET framework.)

Love this, I am yet to try it. Will download soon   :D

I hope this works as well as it looks :D

*edit* 

downloaded and working well, just needs servers to be online LOL

Edited by TheMerchant
  • Like 1

Updated:

06-Oct-2013 (V 0.2): Updated the season display, fixed a bug with showing wrong Wurm date

I have downloaded your newest version and it works. Simply works. Nothing since has changed. Perhaps some of the files were corrupted during transit.

sadly the .NET Frameworks 4.5 upgrade does not support WinXP so i have to tag along without or use this tool on the laptop

sadly the .NET Frameworks 4.5 upgrade does not support WinXP so i have to tag along without or use this tool on the laptop

:(

Have you tried running it with 4.0 ? Maybe it will work...

with .NET Frameworks 4.0 installed on WinXP64

C:\Download\WurmYear020\WurmYear.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung

works flawless on Vista ^_^

Let me check if I can compile a version that runs with 4.0

Awesome app, works great.  I actually kinda like the simple graphics, gives it a more wurmy feel.

• Like 1

This little tool is nice. I guess it will become obsolete once we have the new version of WurmClock?

• Like 1