DevBlog

A Few Custom Kingdom Changes

why say that posteh and rolf make  that

rolf make that what posteh say

• Like 7

and what bring that i make than the same as you and make new forum char

Edited by spider
  • Like 2

40 is stupid hard.. not to be harsh.. in any game its a pain in the butt to get 40 people to do any thing..25-30 is pushing it...The more kingdoms the better.. WAR WAR WAR... smaller kingdoms die..larger kingdoms thrive..Change how the kingdom system works.. start with a "hold" where the leader is a Jarl for..10 people group and as it adds people at 35 it changes in to a kingdom and at 70 an Empire..Wurm does not have 1.5 million players the current system just hurts the game more then anything..

Hold 10+ - Jarl..Village like - 5s start.

Stronghold 35+ - King/Queen +15s expand.

Empire 70+ - Emperor/Empress  + 30s Expand.

Total cost 50s.

Consider it..

• Like 8

While i´m not in the pvp side of the game, I see that most pvp servers struggle to reach 100 players on line at a given day, imho requesting that one person have to gatter almost half the population of the server to make a pmk is just a bit step.

• Like 2

40 is stupid hard.. not to be harsh.. in any game its a pain in the butt to get 40 people to do any thing..25-30 is pushing it...The more kingdoms the better.. WAR WAR WAR... smaller kingdoms die..larger kingdoms thrive..Change how the kingdom system works.. start with a "hold" where the leader is a Jarl for..10 people group and as it adds people at 35 it changes in to a kingdom and at 70 an Empire..Wurm does not have 1.5 million players the current system just hurts the game more then anything..

Total cost 50s.

Consider it..

You mean....an idea that stops us all being called "Chief"? 

That can happen? . . . i must not cry....i wont cry...i wont.

• Like 1

nooo, emperor/empress is my title! :P

Good idea but maybe devs will consider different unique naming.

Total cost 50s.

Consider it..

That's.... a really cool idea.

+1 

If the titles could be balanced somehow that would solve the issues that we had. 

Total cost 50s.

Consider it..

awesome idea, this is what devs need to look at, suggestions, coz at the moment i feel like they just spin a wheel and see what it lands on to make decisions

Can we fix influence so pmks can expand there influence properly?

I'm dying to make a PMK.  Seriously, it's one of my all time goals since day one in Wurm.  I know it will never happen because of these stupid rules.  I don't care if it's just me and my buddy.  I want a PMK.  I'd pay tomorrow for it.  If we get attacked, so be it.  If we don't make it, so be it.  But I want it.

• Since custom kingdoms are meant to be a community feature and not a way to gain extra powers, the requirements to form one has been increased again to 40 players.

For the same reason, custom kingdoms may no longer create new alliances. Existing kingdom alliances can remain though.

The cost and time for casting wall spells have been tweaked upwards (to 400 karma)

Ok got a couple of questions about alliances.   I don't mean two kingdoms allying, does this block alliances from being formed inside a kingdom?  If so this is a big issue with a growing kingdom, since all an enemy has to do is get one spy alt converted, then he can just keep adding people.  At least in alliance chat we can ensure shady deeds don't make it into alliance, even if people can be in alliance chat and not show up on the list.  Anyone not in the kingdom's alliance is given the boot.   

The problem with this whole thing "They need to be online and they need to not have recently converted"   is sheer idiocy as it is.   Most of the time you are not going to catch a spy alt that is adding members to your kingdom online, if someone adds an alt so they can run up to towers and wall them in without penalty it will happen when leadership is not on to give them the boot, and the server is at a low population time.   If that person was JUST added, nothing can be done for it other than killing them, with nolocate, its hard to figure out where they are operating from.   

The whole current system is broken atm. If you are a leader of a PMK, you should be able to kick anyone out of your kingdom at any time, end of story.  Convert or no convert, when they are kicked out it doesn't end the convert timer, they just can't join another kingdom until that current timer has expired. I have no idea why that factor should even be considered whether or not a player should be able to be kicked out, just don't reset the timer and it can't be abused. 

• Like 1

That convert timer is just idiotic, PMK Leaders cant even kick ppl before timer has passed, 2 weeks that is. We got some spies going on rampage converting bunch of griefers and we cant do anything about it! It must be changed immediately. For once would be nice to actually fix whats broken instead of mindless nerf runs

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 2

That convert timer is just idiotic, PMK Leaders cant even kick ppl before timer has passed, 2 weeks that is. We got some spies going on rampage converting bunch of griefers and we cant do anything about it! It must be changed immediately. For once would be nice to actually fix whats broken instead of mindless nerf runs

Tbh if you have a set of alts all you have to do is keep rotating them out and back into the kingdom, and you would always have an alt that can't be kicked, when that alt's two weeks expire, just convert him back and then rinse and repeat with another character, always rotating the same set of characters through.   

This is extreme metagameing at it's worst, and until a gameplay fix is done people will keep abusing this system to cause immense destruction.  

Like I said... REMOVE the restriction that keeps leadership from kicking a player out, and just don't reset the join timer. Also, if a player has been kicked out of a kingdom, leadership can set it so that that player can never be converted to the enemy kingdom again by other kingdom players, only by the leadership itself.   This also further restricts alts, even if they have an alt in the kingdom they can't keep recycling the same alts through the kingdom over and over.   

There should also bee a covert log so that leadership can actually see who is adding who.  This is a PMK, and people put an immense amount of work into getting the required resources to form one, and get the 40 players required to establish it.   It is downright insulting that there are mechanics left in place to allow metagameing alts free reign in such an environment.   

I really don't see any difference here between the issues we had earlier on chaos when two kingdoms were exchanging captures for champ points.   This issue is metagameing pure and simple, not PvP and not just simply spying.    It is using the mechanics that are unnecessary and unneeded and only serve to greatly hinder the operation of a PMK.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

• The cost and time for casting wall spells have been tweaked upwards (to 400 karma)

What is a wall spell?

What is a wall spell?

Wall of Ice or Wall of Stone or Wall of Fire. created with Karma, you need to have used one of the epic scenario items to get those abilities.

It's those spells we were promised would get implemented onto freedom cluster too but never actually did....

It's those spells we were promised would get implemented onto freedom cluster too but never actually did....

maybe the Devs still think about how to add them to the Freedom cluster.

I haven't seen a use for PvE in them yet.

(But hell, i would love that Deathknight title!!)

Hunting? Some animals have an annoying tendency to run.

EDIT: Aye that dragon is entirely intended for hunting applications...

Edited by Klaa

maybe the Devs still think about how to add them to the Freedom cluster.

I haven't seen a use for PvE in them yet.

(But hell, i would love that Deathknight title!!)

We ....DO have a pvp server as well on this cluster o.o

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this