Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

A Few Custom Kingdom Changes

Posteh evidence? That isn't possible he burns anything that can backfire onto him.

Here is my idea:

Remove kingdom title bonuses or change how the title bonuses work so it isn't beneficial to create a new kindom to work with another one.

And I know that there are BL that want PMK's, but BL isn't supposed to work like that. If you want to form your own group, you are supposed to seperate from the main BL group and war with them. Maybe an overhall is needed so that people can create different "sects" within HOTS.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

or just remove default kingdoms.. and let pmks do what they want.. this is a sandbox game right not rolfs play pen?

or just remove default kingdoms.. and let pmks do what they want.. this is a sandbox game right not rolfs play pen?

I believe default kingdoms is there so newbies can automatically experience the kvk..

I really really would love to make a PMK.  However, I know that I will never be able to because of even the 15 premium player requirement.  It's very difficult to do.  Increasing it to 40 players is ridiculous.  On Chaos, 40 players is half of the usual numbers online at any given time, and who knows how many of those are not prem'd.  I think that the minimum to create a PMK should be no more than 25, but once the PMK is created, 15 premiums should be required before it disbands.  Frankly, I don't even know why it's required to maintain a player base to keep it.  If there's only one player left in a PMK, what does it hurt?  It really only affects that one player, so why bother?

I believe default kingdoms is there so newbies can automatically experience the kvk..

ok so keep them for home server make ele contested no spawn deeds no snake lady or sword in the stone on ele move them to home severs make champ and kings be able to cross borders (hell a new map for ele a map that doesn't take  5 mins to entirely explore)

• Like 1

This is why the feature is inherently broken and likely cannot be fixed. It's only natural and smart to push for the situation that is most advantageous to you and yours and/or most disadvantageous to your sworn frenemies/Ex-Bff's/Political adversary. The PMK system is simply too complex with all the plethora of mechanics it affects directly as well as those it touches indirectly or by proxy to maintain with however many dozen of people all pushing and pulling and poking at it trying to find the "opportunities" still as of yet unfound or taken advantage of. 

Drama. Drama. Drama. and all of it poor quality, low rent and boring in quality. 

Remove the PMK feature and Remodel the Template kingdoms. 

Edited by Joanavon

This is why the feature is inherently broken and likely cannot be fixed. It's only natural and smart to push for the situation that is most advantageous to you and yours and/or most disadvantageous to your sworn frenemies/Ex-Bff's/Political adversary. The PMK system is simply too complex with all the plethora of mechanics it affects directly as well as those it touches indirectly or by proxy to maintain with however many dozen of people all pushing and pulling and poking at it trying to find the "opportunities" still as of yet unfound or taken advantage of. 

Drama. Drama. Drama. and all of it poor quality, low rent and boring in quality. 

Remove the PMK feature and Remodel the Template kingdoms. 

Or just ask the public via poll what the minimum player requirement for a PMK should be? My guess is it would land around 20-25 and no one would complain.

• Like 2

I once wrote that any PMK on Wild (chaos ) should be limited to 15 premium players.  Obviously, with the meging of the main Freedom servers with ild, and its subsequent population influx within all 3 kingdoms, I no longer see why the forming of any Player Made Kingdom should be limited to such a small number as mentioned before. 

We regularly see numbers above 70 on wild, so with that in mind, I am suggesting the numbers to form a PMK should be about 25.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - trolling

lol realy nice first we have need 50 pl to make pmk than 15 ppl and now 40 ppl what the hell what for noob give rolf ever this ideas

late us play make wurm better and give away the confus ideas

we need a real stone bridge no that come not but ever mkae wurm harder to play for new guys

ORDhyQ.png

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - ot
Hidden by Jberg, September 30, 2013 - ot

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

We regularly see numbers above 70 on wild, so with that in mind, I am suggesting the numbers to form a PMK should be about 25.

Yes, but how many of that 70+ is premium?

Yes, but how many of that 70+ is premium?

lets rephase this: How many of 70+ that is not some alts :P ...

40 people for a PMK is still far far too much, it was good at 15! 20 would still be acceptable but 50 was insane and 40 is barely better than that.

• Like 2

Why would someone "exploit" alt pmks in first place (even tho considering given Chaos population its still rather hard to gather 15-20 prems to "split" of main kingdom to do so), surely main benefit are the CR titles, so as half capital upkeep.

I really like this suggested idea about requiring increased population for more titles to work.

Sure there might not be any "Real" new pmk forming for a while, but who knows, at least leaving it at 15 prem req. to form, gives ppl such Chance.

I find it rather reasonable and frankly the best suggestion so far.

15 to form - only king have "working title", then next titles available per each 5 population increase?

So new ppl would have Chance to form actual pmk, but not "exploit" it. Then work towards raising population for more benefits. I really doubt that with current chaos population someone would manage to split into 2x 30+ kingdoms to exploit titles. Idk, but its good suggestion to reconsider.

25, down from the original 50 is a good call imo. 50 is just an insane amount, 25 is a good compromise between too much and too little IMO. 40 is just... no difference from 50 imo.

40 people for a PMK is still far far too much, it was good at 15! 20 would still be acceptable but 50 was insane and 40 is barely better than that.

+1

Just make it so you need various active populations for the bonuses

25 active for king bonuses and 'low tier' bonuses (court smith, cook, jester etc)

30 active for capital city upkeep bonus

40 active for 'high tier' bonuses (avenger, royal priest)

Results in no reason for existing kingdoms to make alt PMK's to get bonuses, but if people want a PMK to give them more of a sense of purpose or whatever they can go for it.

-edit- doh Don wrote pretty much the same thing I did lol.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 2

I dunno why we all bother....you have to talk to Rolf directly in IRC to get him to change things, not discuss them openly on a forum within a thread about that exact subject!

You should all know better by now ;)

• Like 1

Other solution

need more players on Chaos, lots and lots of players.

and even more players on top of that if possible.

I dunno why we all bother....you have to talk to Rolf directly in IRC to get him to change things, not discuss them openly on a forum within a thread about that exact subject!

You should all know better by now ;)

Doesn't make it the wise way >_> ...

Doesn't make it the wise way >_> ...

8 years in this game and i've learned pretty conclusively that it's the only way....

Other solution

need more players on Chaos, lots and lots of players.

and even more players on top of that if possible.

no bad gaeron :P we need them on epic :P

Sign in to follow this