Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

A Few Custom Kingdom Changes

Since custom kingdoms are meant to be a community feature and not a way to gain extra powers, the requirements to form one has been increased again to 40 players.

For the same reason, custom kingdoms may no longer create new alliances. Existing kingdom alliances can remain though.

The cost and time for casting wall spells have been tweaked upwards (to 400 karma)

• Like 3

So, a group of new people.. gather together to make their kingdom.. only to be either locked out or crushed by the well-established kingdoms?

Or actually, doesn't matter.. if people want to ally, they ally without game mechanics. Found it odd for game mechanic do not facilitate it.

• Like 3

• The cost and time for casting wall spells have been tweaked upwards (to 400 karma)

Long overdue if this is meaning the Strongwall Spell and Favor costs (karma an error?)

Might aswell remove the pmk feature then

fun to see that wl tears are still rolling wanting errythang nerfed

Edited by Che
  • Like 3

Long overdue if this is meaning the Strongwall Spell and Favor costs (karma an error?)

No error, this is an epic feature for wizards and karma, not priests

• Since custom kingdoms are meant to be a community feature and not a way to gain extra powers, the requirements to form one has been increased again to 40 players.
  • For the same reason, custom kingdoms may no longer create new alliances. Existing kingdom alliances can remain though.
  • The cost and time for casting wall spells have been tweaked upwards (to 400 karma)
Hold on, will this update affect the existing pmks? The Kingdom of Sol on epic elevation is well over 20 players, but no where near 40 yet. The last i check we had to maintain an active 15+ player base or else the pmk would disband.

Edit: Not to bash you rolf, but do you even know how hard it is to recruit / maintain a player base for a PMK? Getting 15 guys isn't easy. Its not easy to convince people to join something that hasn't been establish.

If you make it 40+ i doubt we'll see another new PMK for sometime.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 16

Worst update in a while, do you stop and think before doing this kind of thing

• Like 15

if epic can say that, how about chaos? lol 40 players... 5 alts per player maybe :) . How would that 'stopping pmks from being abused'? Maybe rethink the mechanic of kingdom's benefits and spread them in tier of kingdom's actions and/or time.

Edited by rosedragon

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.
Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

Y'all can thank Chaos MR for this update haha, glad I disbanded, jesus

• Like 1

I don't know if the wall spell nerf was discussed in IRC prior to implementing it, but I definitely didn't see anything about it on the forums. Concerns about balance should be kept out in the open, especially considering that (as far as I'm aware) BL are the only ones with access to the spell and we had no real say in the matter. I'm not saying that the nerf isn't justified; I just hope that the timer doesn't make it as worthless as fireball or some of the other spells, and I hope that we don't make a habit of going behind each others' backs demanding nerfs every time an enemy gets a good spell. If it was discussed openly, disregard this. But I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

And as far as the PMK thing goes, that solution seems a bit extreme. If somebody manages to recruit 15 people and doesn't simply use alts to fill the gaps, then they've earned the PMK in my opinion. Requiring 20-25 players would put the PMK more or less on par with other kingdoms, but with Wurm's numbers, 40 players pretty much requires mass spamming of throwaway alts.

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.
Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

MR chaos had nothing to do with any of this. run your mouth somewhere else. MR did nothing.

• Since custom kingdoms are meant to be a community feature and not a way to gain extra powers, the requirements to form one has been increased again to 40 players.
  • For the same reason, custom kingdoms may no longer create new alliances. Existing kingdom alliances can remain though.

That's your own doing. you and your band of cronies ruined it for the little guys wanting to make PMKs.

This should not be on EPIC as this was a issue created by Chaos.

Edited by demondan

Going a tad off topic here, but:

Do you really think Strongwall is cheap at 70 favor and doesn't take long enough to cast at 3 mins?

• Like 3

I don't know if the wall spell nerf was discussed in IRC prior to implementing it, but I definitely didn't see anything about it on the forums. Concerns about balance should be kept out in the open, especially considering that (as far as I'm aware) BL are the only ones with access to the spell and we had no real say in the matter. I'm not saying that the nerf isn't justified; I just hope that the timer doesn't make it as worthless as fireball or some of the other spells, and I hope that we don't make a habit of going behind each others' backs demanding nerfs every time an enemy gets a good spell. If it was discussed openly, disregard this. But I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

And as far as the PMK thing goes, that solution seems a bit extreme. If somebody manages to recruit 15 people and doesn't simply use alts to fill the gaps, then they've earned the PMK in my opinion. Requiring 20-25 players would put the PMK more or less on par with other kingdoms, but with Wurm's numbers, 40 players pretty much requires mass spamming of throwaway alts.

+1,

Gotta say, I'm impressed. The spell was casted once in pvp and already hit with a nerf. Gotta hand it to you JK, you sure know how to get things your way. I hope it helps you win. 

• Like 5

fun to see that wl tears are still rolling wanting errythang nerfed

Gotta say, I'm impressed. The spell was casted once in pvp and already hit with a nerf. Gotta hand it to you JK, you sure know how to get things your way. I hope it helps you win. 

ilt4D1a.gif

A while back when we had a number of BL trapped in a mine door and they cast that low stone wall spell, a few people had it cast on them and even after the walls disappeared they couldn't move, so if that hasn't been fixed then...

Also 40 is too high, should be 25-30

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 3

Recruiting 40 people seems a bit hard, but compared that a simple village usually has about 10-15 players it shouldn't be an issue if it's a real community. Though about 30 would be more realistic having the current player base in mind...

• Like 2

40 is a bit steep, 25 sounds reasonable.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 6

I wish you would stop this ninja updating without at least sharing thoughts first, i hope the people with this spell had their say

Gotta say, I'm impressed. The spell was casted once in pvp and already hit with a nerf. Gotta hand it to you JK, you sure know how to get things your way. I hope it helps you win. 

Situations like these make you think how unstable wurm can be as a game at times

I can't understand how you can justify the PMK changes.... the population on Epic and Chaos cannot sustain 40+ people in a PMK without leaving one of the main 3 kingdoms with nobody. 

so basically only MR and JK can ally which last time resulted in a 40+man team with 2 sets of titles

Recruiting 40 people seems a bit hard, but compared that a simple village usually has about 10-15 players it shouldn't be an issue if it's a real community. Though about 30 would be more realistic having the current player base in mind...

does epic simple villages got that much? On Independence while I see some generic villages while DOES able to have up to 20 unique players, have difficulty to even have most of those play on same day. Even worse on same hour.. On average a village's activity is 3-5 people on peak time, alliance activity is up to 10...

I like that kingdoms can no longer ally, that way people can't abuse it.

i am not sure that would really help. Alliance can be made without game mechanics easily, no big deal. Need chat between different kingdom? Just abandon game chat, move to irc or something. This already happen on history of chaos. 

I am not in any case think the whole issues need to be neglected and I don't care who to blame. It just.. supposed to not be hassled like this. On top of these updates, it bring weird bugs too like some people doesn't have mining menu, while others keep disconnecting, etc... is this balancing or punishing everyone, idk.. :/

Edited by rosedragon

does epic simple villages got that much? On Independence while I see some generic villages while DOES able to have up to 20 unique players, have difficulty to even have most of those play on same day. Even worse on same hour.. On average a village's activity is 3-5 people on peak time, alliance activity is up to 10...

Not at all, maybe 2 or 3 deeds on Epic have 10+ ACTIVE members each in different kingdoms

Edited by Touchmee

Never liked the lower population requirement personally. It just enabled one-night-stand pmks to emerge.

Sure getting forty people together is difficult; however, it shouldn't be easy to begin with, besides forty feels more like a kingdom personally.

Three to four villages as compared to maybe one decent village.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

Y'all can thank Chaos MR for this update haha, glad I disbanded, jesus

Butterdups, that is a blatant lie. We had nothing to do with your PMK being disbanded. You abused a game mechanic and should have been banned for doing so.

Maybe you should address the "extra power" and not the numbers needed as it seems that 40 is about all a PvP server has at any given time. 

I'm not saying all 10-15 people are online at the same time, but if you're making a PMK that could be arranged. Well I'm talking about my own village at least, or others that are bigger, not some 2-3 people deeds that are new to Elevation. And deeds should unite on Elevation anyway, since it's not some go around alone and find PvP game, it's more of a team/kingdom contribution.

Sign in to follow this