Sign in to follow this  
Druidnature

Been Gone For Some Time,should I Come Back?

Hello Wurms!

First off, Let me apologize to anyone that was currently playing/talking to me before I took my completely random leave of wurm! I gave no warning to anyone, or even got on the forums and left a note.

I've been gone for a few months now (Tbh, I'm not even exactly sure when) I believe around april/may. I got busy with some IRL things and pretty much brought most of my gaming to a dead-stop - and considering how much time Wurm took for me just to keep up my deed, I completely stopped playing / searching the forums (fearing it would drag me back into the game at that time)

I am now at the point where, of course, I'm sure that deed is long-long gone, and somebody by now has most likely taken over the area (if not, gosh people are fools for leaving such a nice area!) and none of my characters have Subscriptions.

I'm wanting to know if the games still going good, and what has mainly changed in the past few months - I'm trying to decide if I should get back into wurm now, or wait a bit longer.  This time I will most likely go deed-less and just have fun building small things here and there and moving on. - my main goal will most likely end up finding new players, Getting them a good set up to get them up and running on there feet, and then moving on to the next spot.  I've found that I don't like taking care of a huge deed (by myself) so I most likely won't re-deed what I had unless Nobody has taken it over, then I may consider it....(saying I can find some villagers, I am NOT taking care of that huge farm again! XD)

I've really been thinking about coming back the past few weeks, but I'm afraid if I do I'll end up feeling like its taking to much of my time. (I like thinking I can do everything by myself, since I have the ability to make everything) but it's so time consuming, I can't - but I can't stop myself from trying. So i'm on a teeter-totter (Is that how that's spelled?) 

if I come back, I most likely will only re-sub Darkmalice. Considering he has every skill extremely high, and will allow me to do almost anything I desire. Which is mostly forestry, killing for food/leather, cutting trees/making forest, and some other stuff - like decorating >_>

I don't think I'll resub my mag/val/fo priest, until I play a bit then i'll think about re-subbing 1/them  I'll also leave Druidnature/aryastark/arrystark un-subbed as I don't see any reason to have them at the time. (I may use one of them just to get some low quality mining ores though)

Again, I apologize to anyone that I completely left in the dark (Hey, character name is darkmalice) about me leaving for a time. next time I will leave a warning!!!  

TLDR: What has been updated the past 6-ish months, and is the game still as great as ever? (if nothing has gone wrong, that's probably good enough for me to come back)  

PS: Hello all old-forum-buddies :P

PSS:  Hope to see anyone on Celebration soon if I return!!!

There has been work done on sound and seems most work has been done for new player improvement.

There has been work done on sound and seems most work has been done for new player improvement.

I am VERY glad to hear they are helping new players. I tried to get 4-5 of my friends to play, Only 2 stayed with me, and only 1 that would still play today. - mainly because the learning curve is just huge beyond belief compared to other games. and, most of them don't have the patience to deal with the "survival" part of the game. - Like having to eat/drink, Keep animals fed, No teleporting, or maps. (Which, I personally love how we do/don't have those.)

Not to mention, Wurm is - imo - the biggest sandbox ever thought - or dreamed - of, When I started, I honestly knew this was MY game that i've been waiting for. my only regret was wasting so many years not knowing this was already out. but then again, maybe that was a good thing, considering I got into it once the game was well-tested and had everything that I love. Getting to "know" what to do in the game, or what to aim for.... can be extremely difficult. Lucky for me, I knew what I wanted - and in so doing, I was able to buy a character that had all the stats that I didn't want to raise myself, which I'm glad I did, most people hate me for doing that, but It gives me more time to go and plant my forest everyone :P - Believe it or not, that's what I spend most of my time on >_< lol

Keep animals fed, No teleporting, or maps. (Which, I personally love how we do/don't have those.)

We are getting maps :P

Come epic, fast skill and lots of fun, hop into the fun in no time

What LorenaMontana said, its the best spot to get the whole wurm feeling and its alot safer on the Homeserver then most people think. Contentwise we got different looking Chars now, so you can choose what your face looks like, armor is shown on your body and horse, you can sell lowprice items to the tokendeed (limited to avoid abuse) and multistorey housing (in case you missed that too, was a big update for me when i got back recently).

I was here for the multistory housing, thank god lol.

I won't play on any epic servers - when I pvp I need animations, and wurms player animations....well I think you can understand lol, and not only that but I can't give up Darkmalice to move. His stats are way to high. It would take me years to get any o fit back.

Right now I plan on coming back and moving back up to Deli.

Will be happy to see you again on deli :) I think BP might need a hand for the impalong if your looking for a project to work on...and i may need some help later lol. Welcome home

Virginia! but I recently  came back to wurm myself after i had computer problems. and i am enjoying imping forges again finaly :) it is belived you can never quit wurm! it will one day drag you back in by the feet and never let go. allways a good thing to come back, hope to see you around. :)

If you are coming to deli and want a place to stay (even if only temp) send me a PM :)

I have a fairly new deed and would let you stay for as long as you want.

ur buddy was stuck in cele xD

well good to see that u even wrote this thread :P

I told you that you will get real busy with so many deeds and accounts <3

• Like 1

I always keep coming back. The key is to only spend a few hours at a time doing things. If you try to finish a task all in one day your burn out fast. Yes everything will be slower but at least you won't burn out.

It's cool to see how many people from VA play, I've never met anyone on any game i've played over the past 12 years from Virginia. and most of my life is on a game. >_<

I always keep coming back. The key is to only spend a few hours at a time doing things. If you try to finish a task all in one day your burn out fast. Yes everything will be slower but at least you won't burn out.

This maybe is how u feel like but there is ppl who dont feel like this for sure