Sign in to follow this  
Redd

[Chaos Only] Changes To The Current Champing System [Chaos Only]

Changes to the current champing system  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the suggested changes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes/No, but here is what i think should be done

I want to see this change on Epic, the points system in all honesty is stupid for such a small player base and if your in a different timezone and have a life it's worse.

No point system

1 death and you decamp (1 year wait)

Limit per diety, not kingdom :-)

No stat loss

Ability to challenge or remove

• Like 5

Completely agree there, the points system has always annoyed me as a really silly system. Wurm is a game of sandbox freedom and the timer/points seems to be completely against that idea imo, forcing anyone who takes on the role of a kingdom champion to play a certain way or lose stats, plus its basically impossible to maintain it for any decent length of time, why is this? Why do we need a limited amount of time for these players when their numbers are already limited to three per kingdom and Rolf himself has said he wants them to be a part of pvp?

Lau.....get over your ridiculous kingdom arguments please, it's childish and really not needed here. The only "kingdom based reasoning" for this whole thread was literally myself and Red chatting about the fact that Chaos has a champion for the first time in forever (Jayz) and how silly the system is because he has no hope of staying a champ which is why noone else does it. Red came up with this idea and we both agreed it was worth putting on the forum to see what others thought.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

I almost want to say Yes on not losing stats, but there needs to be SOME kind of punishment for de-champing. You could say perhaps not being able to be a priest for ~1 year after de-champing? But then we'd need to tackle the problem of alts created simply for Channeling...

Maybe you just can't cast worth a damn if you don't leave your Kingdom or enter an enemy Kingdom once a week? Although, I do like Gregory's idea of being able to challenge Champions for their spot.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

Well tbh Xallo don't you think that any kingdom that chooses to take up their very limited three champion slots for casting alts is free to do so because the number of them is still limited. That's one less pvp champion on the field just for the sake of casting with 80 channeling.

I think some harsher penalties such as a full year before you could champ again wouldn't be a bad idea, would be silly if everyone was just rotating the same people on and off champion status. Hell make it be only one death to lose champ status too.

The idea of the champ being nerfed if they don't pvp isn't a bad idea, perhaps keep the point system going and the champs get a castin ability nerf if they go a week without gaining a point?

Edited by Nadroj

The problem is that you get PMK's running the same template that may interfere with the amount of slots that any Kingdom has. I have no idea what the restriction is, but if it is per Kingdom, then I suppose I see no harm in it unless you get unlucky with some spy-alt that Champs in your Kingdom that you can't get rid of. :P

Maybe the Chancellor/Prince can remove said people from Champhood?

The problem is that you get PMK's running the same template that may interfere with the amount of slots that any Kingdom has. I have no idea what the restriction is, but if it is per Kingdom, then I suppose I see no harm in it unless you get unlucky with some spy-alt that Champs in your Kingdom that you can't get rid of. :P

Maybe the Chancellor/Prince can remove said people from Champhood?

Was the same thought i had, pretty sure it's kingdom based and originally i was thinking just add champs to dueling rings but that wouldn't work for PMKs so it's probably not a bad idea to give the Chief characters an ability to remove unwanted champions from their kingdom.

This is what happens when Redd escapes his restraints.

i'd give a +1 to make champs a viable option, it would be neat to see a few of them around in pvp. i especially like gregorys idea

what about just turn the system back to the original but with a few changes.

- No Permadeath

- you only get 2 (?) lives

- No champ points

- Some kind of limitation so you cant have champ priests forever

- When you die both your lives you lose you champ abilities and -1 across the charactisitics

- make both WL kingdoms able to champ any deity, to a maximum of 3 in total.

The biggest thing that annoys me is the champion points, because as said you will have to spend most of your freetime forced to play the game, and god forbid if you take a vacation cause then you will have a living hell trying to earn those points back.

• Like 1

Maybe you just can't cast worth a damn if you don't leave your Kingdom or enter an enemy Kingdom once a week? Although, I do like Gregory's idea of being able to challenge Champions for their spot.

I'm pretty sure thats how it is now?

I know a while back on epic someone had a lib priest alt they champed(naturerunner) which we then used for casting, and after about 7 days of it sitting in a mine i got a message like "You feel drained and need to assault the enemy" or something to that affect, and afterwords i couldn't get a cast above 50

Edited by Gone420

Sounds like its all already set up nicely for this system to work. Honestly surprised at the number of people against it considering how rare it is to see any champions nowadays. Sure they're powerful but thats why we limit the numbers to avoid the problems of the past. It was really stupid having like 30 champion pvpers on the server, but noone can deny that it made for some interesting pvp at times hehe. I'd love to see champs be more viable to actually see each kingdom fielding their three chosen players.

I'm pretty sure thats how it is now?

I know a while back on epic someone had a lib priest alt they champed(naturerunner) which we then used for casting, and after about 7 days of it sitting in a mine i got a message like "You feel drained and need to assault the enemy" or something to that affect, and afterwords i couldn't get a cast above 50

Yep exactly like that, only resets when you enter and spend some time in enemy influence from memory.

I don't know much about your life and work on Chaos, but I can't get rid of the feeling that this is just a clever scheme to get back 'Casting Champs'.

As i read and understand it Champions are meant to be PVP orientated characters and thus get a boost in stats, CR and probably some more.

To prevent the 'casting only' champs i would suggest to remove (well, that might be a bit harsh) put a heavy cooldown on all spells not used for combat.

I really dont mind everybody on chaos running around showing off their fancy champion title whilest bashing some guardtowers after travelling for ages.

So +1 from me to champ all, everybody and everything from me.

I think the points system is useful to prevent casting champions, however I feel that the small 2 week window and the difficulty in obtaining points on chaos prevents players from champing.

You start out with 15 champion points. - Change this to 30 Points

1 point is removed every day.

You can have max 30 points. - Change this to 60 Points

You gain 3 points for draining an enemy deed with 5+ guards. - Apply scale on number of guards to points, As a poor example[ 1 guard - 1 point, 5 guards - 5 points, 50 guards - 50 points]

You gain 5 points for being involved in a kill on an enemy champion. - 10 Points instead of 5, bascailly stealing the points from the champion killed.

You lose 10 points if you die for whatever reason. - Creates the 3 deaths and no champion scenario still.

You gain 1 point when you are involved in a kill on an enemy with 50+ fight skill. You may gain a point like this 1 time per day from the same player, 10 times total from any one player - Increase this on a scale of fs as a bad example [50fs - 1 point, 60fs - 2 points, 70fs - 3 points, 80fs - 4 points, 90fs - 5 points]

Think those changes might be beneficial. Though I wonder what peoples opinions on them are.

Edit: Colours

Edit#2: Voted Yes/No for reasons above. I feel it should change but not as the OT describes

I personally like this idea better. The points system is not terrible but I feel like it's designed for Epic and not Chaos so the difficulty to keep points up is a little unrealistic.

Edited by Gavin

Hell whilst we're at it can we remove this MR can only have mag and JK can only have fo/vyn rubbish? It never really made sense to me...

This too! Who cares about lore, game balance is more important :)

• Like 1

As my last idea didn't take as much hold as I had hoped, I might create a new suggestion.

Add the limited 3 champions per kingdom.

White light kingdoms can have Fo, Vynora and Magranon champions.

Black light kingdoms can have Libila champions.

Limited 2 deaths.

Upon final death player loses 2 points across all characteristics.

Player also gets reduced skills on the same scale Rolf used when players were dechamped.

Champions are required to maintain 5 champion points for improved casting as shown previously. This will hopefully get champions out and not just stay at home casters though it is possible but at reduced capability.

Kingdom leader can remove champions from their kingdom, process takes several days to complete.

May add more.

Sounds perfect to me. I like the maintain x amount of champ points for the channeling bonus, however points do not decide if u keep champ or not.

Had a second thought, not only should it affect channeling but also all champion bonuses such as reduced damage+

Starting to get that "noones gonna do anything with this suggestion" feeling xD

• Like 1

Forward the idea to Rolf, ask him to look into it on Chaos and see if he can change it.

My thought to this is People are worried that this is only to get "Casting" Champs back into the game...

If Champs are meant for PVP Make it a requirement that the char must have 70 FS as a requirment for champing when you De-champ it is put back to 50 FS same as faith  is dropped to 50 :)

Also make it a requirement for a Champ to be involved on a kill on a enemy char with 70+ FS  within 30 days... or it is De-champed.

i dont see why people would be so concerned about "casting champs". Three characters in each kingdom with 80 channeling isn't going to end the world even if people DID want to do that lol, personally i'd see it as a waste to make them just for more casters but thats me.

• Like 1