Sign in to follow this  
Fooligun

Kingdom Alliances

I know this will likely receive biased answers back, however I wanted to start a discussion about alliances between kingdoms and what should and shouldn't be possible.

Current Limitations:

Unable to Mail between kingdoms

Unable to use allied mine doors

No cross-kingdom alliance channel

Tower and Deed guards do not attack

Players are not automatically aggressive between allied kingdoms

Please post if there are others as I am not 100% sure.

Currently costs 1 Gold to purchase a PMK and requires 2% land for titles to be active. You are also required to maintain a 15 player minimum premium count before the kingdom disbands.

Before reports of "Paying to win" I have this counter.

Sleeping Powder

Drake/Scale

Farwalker Amulets

Deeds

Spirit Guards

Etc.

Personally* I am of the opinion that the "allies" management of items should include kingdom allies. Though I would perhaps not change much else.

Please post your thoughts etc.

Many thanks

Fooli

Seems like more of a suggestion to me. 

Either way, +1 to inter kingdom alliances being made better. Even though JK and TDL have an alliance, doesnt mean i dont think its a good idea. I really dislike the people who vote negativly on a mechanic that should be in the game to suit themselves... I can think of many players who do this.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

Personally from an EPIC view, kingdom alliances don't usually last a long time, mostly are just there for joint raided etc but i have no problems with improvements. 

Only thing that really bothers me is that BL still can't make pmk's and the cooldown for alliance should be atleast 1 week (no idea if this got changed or not)

• Like 2

I don't think there should be any kingdom alliances at all since it'll just be abused for titles for those who can afford it.

• Like 3

Thats a good point actually, there should definitely be an alliance cool down something along the lines of "You are too untrustworthy at the moment, no one will alliance with you." as a message when you try to alliance.

• Like 1

Suggestion: If two kingdoms are allied, only the one with the most kingdom influence's titles will actually work.

I don't like the fact that kingdoms can create alliance at all.

Suggestion: If two kingdoms are allied, only the one with the most kingdom influence's titles will actually work.

And only the kingdom with most influence are allowed to champ...

Right now a ''kingdom alliance'' can have all three WL champs if they like.

Don't understand why there is limitations about kingdom alliances, if bl (the "evil" guys) can't ally with a pmk, why can the wl kingdoms ally? the pmk could just be a mercenary group which bl has hired to get more manpower to kill the other wl before letting those live in peace or killing them, being evil doesn't mean 'ill go by the laws' it means that they can do whatever they want, no morals etc.

Add BL pmks and have them be able to ally to who ever they want and it's balanced, limitations doesn't give anything.

• Like 1

Don't understand why there is limitations about kingdom alliances, if bl (the "evil" guys) can't ally with a pmk, why can the wl kingdoms ally? the pmk could just be a mercenary group which bl has hired to get more manpower to kill the other wl before letting those live in peace or killing them, being evil doesn't mean 'ill go by the laws' it means that they can do whatever they want, no morals etc.

Add BL pmks and have them be able to ally to who ever they want and it's balanced, limitations doesn't give anything.

This is my belief as well, everyone seems to be under the impression HotS is a stand alone kingdom with no rules or morals and should not be compared to JK or MR, so if that is true how come we are more restricted in some aspects of the game than others? 

The way i see it HotS is like the Viking empire, lots of "go it alone" people who follow no rules and take what they can, heavily devoted to their god and made up of lots of villages who can either team up or fight against each other.

I think you should be able to ally 1 kingdom of your same side, aka WL to WL, and BL to BL.  But you couldn't have like 3 PMKs all allied together, you would be limited to 1.  Additionally allying must be held for 7 days, and can not be reformed until 7 days after broken.  

Cross-light-kingdoms allying though in my opinion is a bad idea, it's too open access to spells and uniting them is a bit overpowered.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

I think you should be able to ally 1 kingdom of your same side, aka WL to WL, and BL to BL.  But you couldn't have like 3 PMKs all allied together, you would be limited to 1.  Additionally allying must be held for 7 days, and can not be reformed until 7 days after broken.  

Cross-light-kingdoms allying though in my opinion is a bad idea, it's too open access to spells and uniting them is a bit overpowered.  

every wl god alone is better then libila in almost every way, how could it be possibly overpowered if bl pmks would be able to ally wl and wl pmks would be able to ally bl?

I am unsure but are:

Access to houses

Repairing houses/walls possible?

Edit:

If no to the above and all the other listed things then allying kingdom is not worth it. In my head when I think of allied kingdoms, it's a case of calling upon help from your allies to run down and support you in event of a raid for example. If you are not able to get on-deed to help defend you're only going to be running down as kamikaze units. Players won't bother doing that thus wont help - The whole idea doesn't work.

Edited by MetalDragon

In general I like the idea, but certain mechanics of it would need to be looked into ( mine doors etc ) as not everyone in any one alliance or kingdom is to be trusted. 

So from what i hear Rolf ninja updated alliances between PMKs or something? I heard thats why TDL disbanded, but there is nothing i nthe patch notes confirming that changes were actually made o.o

When joining a custom kingdom, village alliances are now broken. If you were the head of an alliance the alliance is disbanded.

This feature didn't apply to the current alliance between Jenn Kellon Templars De Lux, so it there was a choice between removing the alliance or the PMK. Hence why TDL disbanded.

Removing the village alliance/Deed alliance then prevents allies from accessing a number of things listed above. "Unable to use allied mine doors, Unable to access allied houses, No cross-kingdom alliance channel"

Having 2 kingdoms ally against 1 is overpowered with numbers alone regardless of spells.