Sign in to follow this  
redchance

Lets Build The Parthenon, Marble Houses

I think it should be possible to build marble houses, With marble walls, not just a marble roof, and finally put a use to the marble pillars that currently are just placed to look like they are part of a structure and using marble pillars for support beams if you want an open wall similar to the Parthenon. The pillars would be a wall building function. Also pillars could be built like they are now and moved for those people wanting to make it look grand inside their house. Also an overhanging roof with pillars would look really cool. 

How nice would it be to build your houses like this or your temples, i'm not looking at the artwork, but how its built, the beautiful giant stone pillars holding the roof up above your head tons of stone high above your head. The pillars holding a roof, the thick stone roof, the pillars holding a roof, HOLDING A ROOF

Parthenon.jpg

New Idea, you know how you have the arched walls on a wooden house as an option, how about arched walls with stone pillars, just to add on to this nice feauture

Edited by redchance
  • Like 2

that would be an amazing feat.  +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

the only possible problem i see for this is: how will you find that much marble for it? like in my time of playing wurm, ive never ONCE seen a marble vein....or slate....idk, but best of luck to ya, and i like the idea

Hmm there's pillars so one can sort of fake it by removing a story; although, I forget offhand how tall pillars are.

Marble walls would be awesome though.

+1  I think there should be more use for marble anyway.  Including marble pillars and marble statues

statues was something i forgot to post in this (i thought about adding a picture of Abraham Lincoln's monument at the whitehouse but then remembered this is the wurmiverse) i also thought of marble bricks-gold bricks, etc. But thought those would be shot down by many of the older players.

Marble bricks are already in game.

You can´t use it, but you can make it.

just found marble in my mine and after I found out all of the items I cant make with it,...this would be an awesome addition :) +1

Edited by swiftxfate

whats the point of having marble bricks in the game that cannot be used might as well make them usable.

Edited by redchance

Also 1 of the most irritating things i find in any rpg (assuming wurm has some rpg properties) is when developers add things just to be there and really serve no purpose. for example the wide variety of books, cups, brooms tongs etc that skyrim has, that are for some reason possible to pick up and sell but serve absolutely no purpose except visual reasons which could easily be achieved without making them an item you can pick up. When i play a rpg, i dont want to pick up items that waste my inventory. And will avoid aspects of the game that serve no real purpose. If an item has an obvious purpose, and that purpose is ignored, then to me its like a lego left around in the floor at night, its purpose is to entertain kids, yet it tends to just end up causing extreme pain in everyones feet when they step on them cuz the kids get bored of them and just leave them sitting around. AND gasp: lead and marble and slate tend to just be that vein that sits in peoples mines being an eye lego to every player who realizes i cant do anything with this.

Its sad that there are very real purposes for these materials, yet these purposes continue to be neglected as additions to the game.

Gotta love this suggestion - and since statues were mentioned Id throw in some statues that are a bit bigger - say 2 and 3 stories tall, also some that you can carve into rock IE. You clear off a mountainside down to rock and can now start carving a statue into it. Something like Petra...would make a very cool mine entrance. especially if one could do marble overlays.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 2

devs promised metal walls,together with the new floorings iirc, but it never happened.both would be great

It shouldn't be hard you simply change the skin on an already existing wooden wall, then change the laws for how its made ex craft it with marble bricks instead of stone bricks. And yeah being able to make other giant statues other than just a colossus would be awesome.

Bump

Time to give Marble some love.

Marble statues.

Marble Fountains.

Marble coffins (especially with the new graphic!!!!!)

Marble cobblestone.

Marble benches

Marble pillars

Marble Colossus (Colossus Bricks)

Basically anything you can make out of stone shards, bricks, and slabs you should be able to make out of marble shards, bricks and slabs. 

Lets start with a couple things and expand out.

Marble should be a better alternative, should be an upgraded alternative to rock. 

It is a travesty that we have had this material in game for a long while now, and other than paving, its virtually worthless. Marble should be a highly sought alternative to rock.

Make it happen, start small with a few items, and then increase the usage.

• Like 1

Good idea, as I've always said to it.

My only problem is the veins, there needs to be more if this happens. I only know where three are, there my friends and I doubt I'd get access to build a entire house with then lol.

Increase the chance to find it "barely" If this happens Imo

This goes along with my "more walls" idea. I'd like to see pillars that can hold roofs/floors above it, marble walls or darker slate colored stone walls, log cabins, and maybe even a thatch wall for those wanting a classic village look to their homes. I like the idea of making realistic temples and anything that involves new walls is a +1 from me!

Bump

Time to give Marble some love.

Marble statues.

Marble Fountains.

Marble coffins (especially with the new graphic!!!!!)

Marble cobblestone.

Marble benches

Marble pillars

Marble Colossus (Colossus Bricks)

Basically anything you can make out of stone shards, bricks, and slabs you should be able to make out of marble shards, bricks and slabs. 

Lets start with a couple things and expand out.

Marble should be a better alternative, should be an upgraded alternative to rock. 

It is a travesty that we have had this material in game for a long while now, and other than paving, its virtually worthless. Marble should be a highly sought alternative to rock.

Make it happen, start small with a few items, and then increase the usage.

i like how you put it, that was basicly my general idea of it. A alternative rock shard in the game that is entirely unused

Good idea, as I've always said to it.

My only problem is the veins, there needs to be more if this happens. I only know where three are, there my friends and I doubt I'd get access to build a entire house with then lol.

Increase the chance to find it "barely" If this happens Imo

Not necessarily IMHO.

Its an upgrade, not a replacement for rock.

I see no reason why the current amounts need to be tweaked, its not any different than slate/gold/silver/zinc, etc. Not everything occurs everywhere.

With that being said a slight tweaking wouldn't bother me. Id rather see a large increase in the stuff we can make with it first.

Like right now, 'Im working at the Pristine Impalong site. We put some coffins in the chappel area last night. I have access to marble. Why am I not making those coffins out of marble? :blink:

Just make this happen this material has been around for approximately a year now.

Edited by conmcb25