Sign in to follow this  
froggy25

Gunpowder And So On..

+1 I personally love this ideal and have always liked this ideal, muskets also in my opinion should have a small percent chance of backfiring and exploding like the first muskets did.

It is a natural human reaction to want to see something advance in technology, but no, Wurm is not about advancing, it is about existing in the time period that we have. The boat, the bridge and the multistory house should be about our top level of tech.

the day they add gunpowder is the day i say goodbye to wurm forever

I feel that a lot of Wurmians share this sentiment. Myself included.

+1

Most people that play this game have no measurable imagination. It's truly a community stuck in silver coin hoarding hell. The OP isn't asking for an AC-130 Spectre. He's suggesting single shot muskets FFS. You guys really need to take a break from trying to consolidate your online silver coin empires and play a game for once.

I am curious what the heck you are talking about? Silver has absolutely NOTHING to do with adding gunpowder to the game. Even single shot muskets, no, absolutely not for so many reasons.

game isnt made for guns, entire community will shut it down. unfortunately for you this game was not made to have guns

I am curious what the heck you are talking about? Silver has absolutely NOTHING to do with adding gunpowder to the game. Even single shot muskets, no, absolutely not for so many reasons.

Its jackburton....

don't forget the catapults, which it makes me wonder, wheres our trebuchet? (more effective for destroying walls)

Give me a Ballista with a 6 foot bolt to defend my house and I will be happy. Watch as Plate Armor becomes the new tissue paper.

The romans fielded ballista with gravity fed bolt magazines that could fire as fast as you cranked the lever.

Balista and fire arrows would be nice. It could be possible to fire a house or fence ... 

So there was a discussion in the freedom chat the other day, where we exchanged some ideas about gunpowder.

It would be mixed from grind charcoal (charcoal + grindstone) and saltpeter (still no idea where to get, could be a trader item or mined in same fashion as  salt) and it would use a Alchemy skill with gunpowder subskill.

Gunpowder would than be used in fireworks (could be used to signal allies) and Muskets and cannons.

Muskets which would contain 2 or 3 parts and would draw from weaponsmithing subskill along with cannons and would require lead balls for ammunition or large lead balls for cannons and would do about the same damage as bows for muskets and in case of cannons, about the same as catapults but maybe give them an additional tile in range.

Muskets could also come in forms of pistols and hunting rifles or something to give them 3 versions like other weapons have.

Cannons could me mounted on ships for some naval battles.

Just an ide i can't shake out of my head and it could do with further polishing.

Gunpowder for muskets -10

Gunpowder for Cannons +10

However, Cannons 1 and only use is to damage ships... and attempt to use a cannon vrs a shore target should say the shot seems to do nothing!

Actually I would like to take this a little further and limit the cannons to only be able to use grape shot that has no effect on ship hull and only the mast.... thus limiting speed with the wind to zero if enough damage is done.... So a ship would never be destroyed it would just be rendered unable to run away meaning it can always be repaired latter and the ability to over take in pvp would make a nice addition...

Now gunpowder for this use and only this use in wurm I am more then okay with!!!

gunpowder literally started a new age for mankind, as much as i believe wurm is a mish mash of all sorts of themes it has become its own theme be it a fantasy meets medieval theme sort of. Adding things like gunpowder really does open a can off wurms (huehue).

But in all honesty please no gunpowder.