Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2009-03-18] New test client 2.5.5.1279

There's a new test client, URL is (as always) http://www.wurmonline.com/client/testclient/wurmclienttest.jnlp

* Better support for meta keys. Keybinds can now use shift, alt and control, as well as combinations of those.

* Button row now includes the escape key (default mapping STOP)

* Default binds now have tab/shift-tab for tab nav and ctrl-tab/ctrl-shift-tab for window nav.

* As usual, more mount fixes.

* Better GL capability checking. This should solve the Intel VBO and glMultiDrawArrays crashes, as well as other benefits.

* Button row now changes to match meta keys, giving you a whole lot of different bars to choose between.

* Bugfix: Packs directory was never created.

* Bugfix: Don't attempt to select things while mouselooking. Should help performance a tiny bit.

* New and better crash handling. But in the short term, this means new crashes to iron out.

As there hasn't been a new main client yet, the changes from the previous test clients are still valid. Previous release: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=15916.0

[me=Red]loves seeing things actually getting done.[/me]

My thanks for the work being put into the game I love.

Wow, Nice work Dev team!

Cant wait for the mounts to be finished so we can get out teeth into this new client, will make wurm feel totally different (for the better)

SHOP AT VEAN'S

Yeah keep up good work ! :D (why we are 5=6 clients behind the newest one ?)

SHOP AT VEAN'S

:P

SHOP AT VEAN'S

Yeah keep up good work ! :D (why we are 5=6 clients behind the newest one ?)

SHOP AT VEAN'S

:P

because they update periodically so there are no bugs every time they update something. we dont want to be updating the real client every day do we? and the client is just for testing stage.

I haven't been following the test clients - Do we have the ability to map the middle mouse button (clicking the scroll wheel in most cases) to something?

I really want to be able to set autowalk to my middle mouse button.  It's much more convenient in most cases then that darn X button.

Keybinds are keys only still, but you can put autowalk on the button bar and click it there.

A bit hard testing things with a green dragon hatchling killing me on the starting deed. :/

I can't wait till we can have jousts, like in the days of merry old England. Since we don't have lances, would have to be with axes,swords, mauls etc.

sorry, prolly wrong thread for this. should have been in suggestions threads.

thats hilarious

That's a bump of exactly two months.  Well done.

This client is already in trunk..