Sign in to follow this  
Maximusi

Name A Landmark Competition - Pristine

COMPETITION IS CLOSED! Thank you for you entries

Winners have been announced in post #17. Congratulations to those winners and thank you to those that took part!

Hello Wurmians!

We have noticed a lack of landmark names on the two new Freedom Servers so we have come up with this competition to get some landmarks marked!

We have marked a few Mountains and Bodies of water on a copy of the community map for this competition. You can see the map here.

The winner will have their chosen landmark name entered on the community map by the map holder Acaos for all to see.

To enter this competition simply reply to this post and using the references printed on the map (example below) specify a name for the landmark. You may enter to name more then one landmark but only one entry per person per landmark (See full rules and terms below)

*  COMPETITION DETAILS  *

Competition Name:  Name A Landmark (Pristine)

Close Date/Time:    27th September 2013 23:59 GMT

Winner:                   All valid entries will be reviewed and voted on by the PR department after the close date

*  EXAMPLE  *

P1: Big Mountain

P2: Southern Tip

P6: North Lake

Note you do not have to make a suggestion for every landmark only the ones you wish and you can only make one suggestion per landmark!

*  RULES AND TERMS  *

1. One Entry per person including Alts and only one name per landmark. (Multiple landmarks can be named)
  2. Must use reference number as marked on the map above (see example)
  3. Must be posted in this thread to enter
  4. No Offensive/Rude entries. Such entries will be deleted and may result in a forum warning
  5. Any player not following rules their post may be deleted and not accepted as an entry
  6. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition
  7. The winning prize is naming a landmark, Please note there is no additional prize!
  8. The chosen names are not guaranteed forever! Landmark names are community driven and subject to change

Good Luck!

Edit: We have been talking about these old names that do not appear on the current map and we believe if the landmark had a previous name and the general consensus of the community is to use the old name then these will automatically become 'the winning name' so please do say if you wish to keep a previous name even if someone has said it already so we can see it is the general consensus. Those without current landmark names we will still continue to run this competition.

Edited by maximusi

I don't mean to be a nay-sayer or anything, but most of Pristine's landmarks were named quite some time ago (when Darkmalice was making the map). There's several old threads with community discussions on picking names for various landmarks, but the ones that were finalized are on the old map found here. Not everything marked on the competition map appears to have a name, but I know that I for one would like to see some of the old names stick around! Though they weren't marked on the new map when Acaos took over, many of us still use these names in-game.

Just for easy reference, here's a list of what was previously-named, as marked on the new map:

1. (no name)

2. Blossom Bay

3. Horseshoe Island

4. (no name)

5. Crocodile Cove (the bay area near the desert)

6. Paramount Lake

7. (no name)

8. Dragon Head Sea

9. (no name)

That said though, I'm all for changing the names if the newer inhabitants don't like the old names anymore. I'll still vote for the body of water near me to stay as Crocodile Cove though, and I rather like Blossom Bay as well. ;)

Taking into account the ones that are used by most already, these are my suggestions for the others :)

1. Paragon Bay

2. Blossom Bay

3. Horseshoe Island

4. The Grey Lands

5. Crocodile Cove

6. Paramount Lake

7. The Demise

8. Dragon Head Sea

9. Eyjafjöll  (pronounced 'eyja-fiol' I believe .. this is actually the name of a volcanic ridge in Iceland, but I think the name is apt here considering the landscape)

Edited by Bullbrand

P2 Blossom Bay

P3. Horseshoe Island

P4. I would rather name the mountain then the Tundra at P4: Mount Cauldron/Caldera (any version of that as they mean the same thing

Or if it's the area below Caldera Plains

P5. Crocodile Cove

P6 Lake Muttley

P7 The Blasted Wastes

(updated post with p5-p7 names

Edited by Ohana

It would be nice to see the names of islands and major bodies of water from this old map used. DM and the original settlement founders put a fair amount of time into deciding on them.

I've been meaning to give Acaos a poke in this direction for along while, but RL stuff has taken a lot of my attention lately.

P7 busy wastelands

(I live near it and it IS very busy there :P)

P4  neverending fields

(it did feel that way as newbie)

I'm voting for my homeland :D
P4: The Lonely Waste

Edited by Animus

The Island SE of point 8 on that map is known, at least by myself and a few others as "Spider Island". That may be due to a deed marked on the old map, not sure. I know there is not a point marked to name that island, but as I live there I thought I'd mention it. ;)

P1 - Northern Pass  P4- The Tundra

Edited by Bigby

Preserve the old names :)

And please take the other names on the old map into account, too.

P1. Paragon Bay

P2. Blossom Bay

P3. Horseshoe Island

P4. - i like the idea to name the mountain(volcano) and the area around it seperately - Caldera Plains and Caldera Voclano

P5. Crocodile Cove

P6. Paramount Lake

P7. Pristine Wastelands

P8. Dragon Head Sea

P9. Troll Mountain

P2 Blossom Bay

P3 Horseshoe Island

P4 Mount Caldera and the Caldera Plains

P6 if you look at it this way round

6WvytVA.png

it looks like a dog :) So I suggest Lake Muttley

P7 The Blasted Wastes

The results are in!! We've picked our favourites and crunched the numbers... here are the winning names & their submitters! Congratulations to everyone who got one picked!

P1 - Paragon Bay - Bullbrand/Ridlez

P2 - Blossom Bay - Community

P3 - Horseshoe Island - Community

P4 - Mount Caldera - Explora

P5 - Crocodile Cove - Community

P6 - Paramount Lake - Community

P7 - Pristine Wasteland - Ridlez

P8 - Dragon Head Sea - Community

P9 - Troll Mountain - Ridlez

All of these names will be added to the community map :)