Sign in to follow this  
Maximusi

Name A Landmark Competition - Release

The results are in!! We've picked our favourites and crunched the numbers... here are the winning names & their submitters! Congratulations to everyone who got one picked!

R1 - Northern Wall - Community

R2 - Lake Wyvern - Yashua

R3 - Spawn Lake - Community

R4 - Trigorn Tarn - Community

R5 - Eastern Wall - Mrfusion/Jukken

R6 - Lough Scaith - Community

R7 - Mercury Lake - Community

R8 - South Sea - Cain

R9 - Southwind Heights - Cain

All of these names will be added to the community map :)

I feel like I'm a winner, Thank you.

Maybe in this weekend. Wasn't too much request and I hope I will have a few minutes to edit the map. :)

Docterchese transposed the "i" and "a" in Lough Sciath.  Can this be corrected on the map?

Edited by Galatyn

I've noticed that there are still plenty of smaller landmarks that have no official names.

Due to the nature of the online map we're currently working on (link below), we could name even the tiniest pond without cluttering the map. (landmark names are only shown when you click on them)
map-banner_128x32.png

So if you guys are up for it, I can create a temporary layer on the map where I'll mark all the possible landmarks and assign them numbers. I'll post a list of that when I'm done, so names can be suggested.

Everyone can (for each number) either suggest one new name or support one of the previously posted names. The names with the most "votes" win.

Be warned though, I'm talking about a LOT of landmarks here. (currently 76 in total)

Here's another idea:

I'll create a new thread, without a list and I'll just keep the unnamed, numbered landmarks on the map. Naming suggestions for any of the landmarks can then be posted in that thread and the first name for each to reach ... lets say 5 votes (and at least 2 votes more than any of the other suggestions for that location) goes on the map.

Any landmarks with no clear results stay unnamed until they get enough votes.

Maybe this idea would work better, simply due to the sheer number of landmarks.

Any ideas or objections to that?

Edited by Tajin