Sign in to follow this  
Ruger

Impalong - Deed Location Entries

Congratulations to the Deliverance server for being the chosen server for this years Winter Holiday Impalong. 

As previously stated we will now spend one weeks time collecting entries for places/deeds that would like to host this years impalong.

Guidelines for entries -things to think about and include not specific must have rules-:

1. Your deed does not have to be built yet but you must include your plans on how you plan to get the deed finished and everything gathered in time.

2. If your deed is done, please include pictures and as much detail as possible about your deed and why it would be ideal.

3. Please use the spoiler tag when posting pictures, just makes things easier to go through. 

4. Include map location.

5. Include who will be the host(s) of the impalong and what events you plan to hold or have in mind. 

6. Include what help you would need from the community to get everything in order if your deed was to be chosen. Do you need a 90+ carp to imp looms, masons to imp forges, miners to mine? Things of that nature.

7. If its landlocked, how far in are you? Whats the terrain like and what type of protections would you have for newer players traveling to the location? What type of traavel system for those coming with supplies, are you going to provide horse carts for those people?

8. Even if you do not live on Deliverance but you want to come over and create an impalong event deed, feel free to post your ideas and plans as well.

Include as much information as possible. The more information you present to the community the better you can sell your location. I hope to see many different locations entered, built and not built ones alike. 

This thread will stay open for the period of one week.

Entries must be placed on this thread in order to count towards next weeks vote for the deed. 

Once an entry is posted I will update the opening post with a quick link to the entry itself.

Again using the auction timer as official countdown:

auction_timer_1380311899.gif

Current Entries:

---------------------

-Pendleton Derby: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87873-impalong-deed-location-entries/?p=877826

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

As stated all information must be posted in this thread. No redirect links to another thread.

Also this is not the place to post votes. Wait till next week :)

I'll be willing to go to the chosen site to imp the forges for the smiths and other things like 70-90ql iron. though im sure we wont be imping to 90ql :P

I find that this voting is going on kind of backwards. I mean we voted on servers without even knowing who on those servers would want to host it. I mean you should have collected a list of "candidates" before starting to elect anyone.

I mean so far all i can assume is that there were more votes from deli players than the rest. How do i know if someone from inde wouldn't be in a better location than the candidate from deli? Etc. etc?

• Like 1

deli = pendelton derby

This.

I haven't heard of anyone besides Battlepants who wants to hold the impalong on Deliverance, and we have known about it for most of a year now.

I find that this voting is going on kind of backwards. I mean we voted on servers without even knowing who on those servers would want to host it. I mean you should have collected a list of "candidates" before starting to elect anyone.

I mean so far all i can assume is that there were more votes from deli players than the rest. How do i know if someone from inde wouldn't be in a better location than the candidate from deli? Etc. etc?

For once I agree with you, but some people like to get all the attention and rushes in and tries to control things. :ph34r:

Some might see it as backwards I see it as done fairly because the big debate was over what server should host it, not what deed on what server should host it. People were complaining about how its tradition for inde to host it, it should stay there , the travel times, etc. So I decided to do it by server first because that eliminates the server debate whether you know what deed is there or not. It also makes it so people can bring their ideas to the winning server maybe instead of just pendelton derby in this instance being the place, or other deeds hell maybe even my deed on deliverance a place - which by the way wont happen, was just used as an example not even entering my deed. The site has always been a thing that takes a community to build in the first place. It takes effort from people of the community like Raycg to imp the forges, elwood and thorgot to imp the looms, miners to mine the different qualities in iron, things like that. 

If its decided that Pendelton Derby is the place for it then, hey thats awesome but to be fair, lets see who else out their might want to toss their deed into the pit for the vote knowing now that their server is the server to host it. You honestly never know who might come out from under the rocks now. Hell theres that new event deed on Deliverance that has been built, who knows, maybe those guys might have some ideas. 

For once I agree with you, but some people like to get all the attention and rushes in and tries to control things. :ph34r:

No attention wanted since that seems to be what your implying. I could really careless who did this and how it was done but in any event, it needed to be done. All that was going on is bickering over what server, what deed and then a bunch of people saying lets vote to figure out what server and what deed but NO one was taking the initiative to get the ball rolling in terms of voting by creating a new thread and putting up the polls. Once voting is done and location is picked I want nothing to do with it other then to show up, get some tools imped, partake in events if I can and leave. I just want the damn arguing to be over, a location picked, and know where I am going this winter.

Edited by Ruger

Gud'day Folks,

Reaver, a question if I may...  what vote.... where and when?

This.

I haven't heard of anyone besides Battlepants who wants to hold the impalong on Deliverance, and we have known about it for most of a year now.

I concurr Wulfgar.....

Just after last years Impalong at Festival Cove, we all hear that Festival Cove was stepping down as host for 2013.  Then we all heard that Inner Sea Sanctuary on Indy (Tekada's place) had been selected to to be the host for the 2013 Impalong.

Did we all miss some announcement that it had been taken away from Tekada ?

Have not seen anything in the past nine months indicating there was a problem.

What about any work he has put into preparing to host the event?  Are all his preparations now a nine months waste of his time?

Just curious please as are many others as to what is going on?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Cheers! Hughmongus

• Like 2

Didn't know everyone had to do what Indy players wanted, for all i care you hold your own and Deli will hold its own, obviously we have more people that care about it to vote for Deli. Also if it was an issue on the location why did no one from that deed come out and defend it. As far as i recall in that thread it was only agreed on that they would take on responsibilities if needed.

This is a discussion on Deli applications not being pissy about the vote. Ruger is only being fair, no need to write hate messages.

Gud'day Folks,

Reaver, a question if I may...  what vote.... where and when?

I concurr Wulfgar.....

Just after last years Impalong at Festival Cove, we all hear that Festival Cove was stepping down as host for 2013.  Then we all heard that Inner Sea Sanctuary on Indy (Tekada's place) had been selected to to be the host for the 2013 Impalong.

Did we all miss some announcement that it had been taken away from Tekada ?

Have not seen anything in the past nine months indicating there was a problem.

What about any work he has put into preparing to host the event?  Are all his preparations now a nine months waste of his time?

Just curious please as are many others as to what is going on?

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Many people stepped up, not just Tekada. Their was some arguments in threads scattered around the forums going back and forth about where it should be hosted and what server and players just saying take it to a vote, let the polls decide. I put up a poll a week ago to find out what server the impalong this year should be hosted on. The poll ran for a weeks time, ended this morning, and it was decided that Deliverance won the vote by 20-30 votes. As far as what he invested into building his deed out and what not, he can still host one just like Judus had said but really, why split the population up like that and not just honor what the community voted on? Tekada himself said he would respect a vote and last year when festival cove said they were stepping down most all agreed that this year we would run a vote to determine it all. So is it time wasted, eh, so-so I guess depending on what all he has done. He can always contribute resources that he had gathered for the impalong at his location to the Deliverance location, or again, run his own if he is upset about the way the votes went. Either way the vote was ran, Deliverance won in the polls for the server to host the Impalong. 

Just like it was pretty obvious going into last poll that Deliverance was going to be the chosen server, and it is pretty obvious now that Pendleton Derby might be the winning deed on Deliverance. I still wish to remain fair to everyone and allow everyone the opportunity to put in their ideas/deeds/locations on Deliverance. If it comes down to no one else posts entries and no other ideas are brought up other then Pendleton Derby, then we wont even vote, its decided right here but fair is fair, this thread will run for a week and entries will be taken.

Edited by Ruger

1. Your deed does not have to be built yet but you must include your plans on how you plan to get the deed finished and everything gathered in time.

2. If your deed is done, please include pictures and as much detail as possible about your deed and why it would be ideal.

--Not quite done, but I have about a month or so worth of work left, as a few of you may know, I have cleared my schedule to make sure this happens (sorry to my customers, but I hope it is for the greater good)

3. Please use the spoiler tag when posting pictures, just makes things easier to go through. 

--no pictures yet, as the outside areas are still quite rough, decoration/paving is on the way, I assure you

4. Include map location.

u5SmSA6.jpg

5. Include who will be the host(s) of the impalong and what events you plan to hold or have in mind. 

-some hosts are not completely determined, but I know that I will be overseeing a good portion of this deed. Highly trusted individuals and officials from the Pendelton allience will be tending to things as needed too.

(Dumping events from origional thread)

Cow Races
-Yes, Cow races. Lunella is breeding a nice group of speed cows to run the track a few times. Should be quite comical, just watch out for cow patties!

The Maze
-On opening day, I plan to finally open up the Maze to the public. I have closely guarded the layout to myself and my priest (also myself), so everyone will be entering it blindly. There are three exits to the maze, each with a prize. Prizes are 50i, 50c and the grand prize of 50s.

Lighthouse diving
-Imagine diving off a 500 dirt tall structure onto the solid ground below. Ouch! (will supply cotton, legs not guarenteed to be unbroken)

Deal or No Deal
-(planned, but pending getting a host to run it)

Hall of Champions
-A moderately sized building to commemorate all of the Champions of Impalong. What does it take to be a Champion? Just attend Impalong and party with us - you are not required to improve or enchant anything (but it is appriciated). In this building, we are assembling a huge cluster of statues, each to be made in the image that the individual champions sees themself!

The Grand Slam
-Fight with might and believe the hype! Come here and test your mettle against the other great fighters of Impalong!

6. Include what help you would need from the community to get everything in order if your deed was to be chosen. Do you need a 90+ carp to imp looms, masons to imp forges, miners to mine? Things of that nature.

-At the moment, the project is calling for high QL cotton. There are a couple of pending resources which will likely be obtained or contracted out.

The miner on staff will be providing quite alot of iron - only iron is planned, if you need anything else, please ask!

Beyond that, we just need people to show up and party!

7. If its landlocked, how far in are you? Whats the terrain like and what type of protections would you have for newer players traveling to the location? What type of travel system for those coming with supplies, are you going to provide horse carts for those people?

-Right on the water, depending on where you park, you may have to haul things as few as 5 tiles.

-What mostly worries me is the safety of the Deliverance locals as Pendelton Derby is quite far from the spawn. If I have extra time, I plan to secure a path from here to Greendog by means of locked longhouses as dodge points to get away from trolls

8. Even if you do not live on Deliverance but you want to come over and create an impalong event deed, feel free to post your ideas and plans as well.

-This also goes for posting ideas that you would like to see/host on Impalong. I still have some room in the budget and may fund the event if I like it! :D

*hosting does not require providing a prize

Any other info you would like me to provide?

Including my thread for reference: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87129-pendelton-derby-impalong/

Edited by bp1986
  • Like 2

Now that I got the entry out of the way, I'd like to take a moment to voice my opinion on the vote being pure deli.. I honestly don't agree with it. Even though deli won the server vote, I would like to insist that we include other servers on the list to be at least eligible to vote for. I know Tekada worked extremely hard; I know Chulirac worked extremely hard. I know this, because I worked on a potential impalong deed too. I believe that all three of us deserve a fighting chance, all the way to the end.

• Like 5

Thanks for stepping up and organizing the voting Ruger. None of the above negative commenters had any better ideas, and it's much easier to troll someone else's ideas after they put them out there.

Here's an idea. Why don't each person who has a different opinion on where the event should be held and how it should be organized start their own poll and see how long it takes to organize an event. Let's make sure that each and everyone gets everything they want and everyone is free to argue until we all decide on that one perfect location that everyone will love. Absolutely no compromising whatsoever will be needed. I'm sure we could have an impalong organized in no time. Better yet, why don't we get some of the people above to pull this all together and see how long it takes? That perfect impalong place is out there. We just have to argue and troll each other long enough to find it.

heres an idea, You all will love this idea!, 3 people area ready for this, so make 1 on exodus, 1 on deli and 1 on indy, Keeping with everyones plans, You could plan them back to back, IE indys 1 week, following week delis then the final week Exodus, would encourage travel etc. personaly I feel that is wat should be happening. as this impalong can happen on all 3 servers thus allowing all the main servers to cater to there pops while visitos will have a month long of fun, Heck cele should have one also,  that way its a month long event that starts in indy and ends in cele. Then every server had, everyone had a chance to join in on the fun and Everyone wins. This idea allow all that hardwork each player has done to be shown off aswell!

4 seasons - 4 servers - 1 impalong per season. that could be a nice idea and give some events to the community.

• Like 4

heres an idea, You all will love this idea!, 3 people area ready for this, so make 1 on exodus, 1 on deli and 1 on indy, Keeping with everyones plans, You could plan them back to back, IE indys 1 week, following week delis then the final week Exodus, would encourage travel etc. personaly I feel that is wat should be happening. as this impalong can happen on all 3 servers thus allowing all the main servers to cater to there pops while visitos will have a month long of fun, Heck cele should have one also,  that way its a month long event that starts in indy and ends in cele. Then every server had, everyone had a chance to join in on the fun and Everyone wins. This idea allow all that hardwork each player has done to be shown off aswell!

It's a nice idea, but I think by the time it got to week 3 or 4, maybe even 2, most people would be burnt out, unless it was perhaps done quarterly, but even that would probably be too frequent.

I like the idea, but to be blunt, I only have about 1 to 2 weeks of partying in me. I agree with ShadowRonin in that I would be beyond burnt out by the 3rd week.

4 Weeks of nothing but solid Leather Working and Cloth Tailoring, that might burn me out of Wurm for a bit...

"The miner on staff will be providing quite alot of iron - only iron is planned,"

BP and anyone else thinking of hosting, some folks always seem to want to do some jewellery work at the impalongs ive attended, would suggest some silver or gold might be a good idea, or at least line up a source for when people ask for it

• Like 1

How did this thread turn into a debate on what server to host it on? Did you guys just miss the thread last week where that was discussed and voted on or something?

Many people stepped up, not just Tekada.

[snip]

I put up a poll a week ago to find out what server the impalong this year should be hosted on. The poll ran for a weeks time, ended this morning, and it was decided that Deliverance won the vote by 20-30 votes.

[snip]

Gud'day Ruger, 

Thank you sir for taking the time to explain.  I did a search for the vote poll and found it.  Nicely set up and fairly run.  :)

Prehaps next time the poll can do with more advertising to get everyone's attention that a decision affecting a Freedom Isles wide event was in progress. :mellow:

My wife and I were not aware (nor was anyone in our allinace)(or anyone else around where we live) that there was even a poll in the making or we would have put the word out to the four allinaces in our area and helped to get the voters out to vote.

Democracy works when ALL are informed of a poll so that they may exercise their franchaise and vote.

With the statistics of the published results some 250 plus of the 800 who are currently active player got the word and voted.  That means 2/3rds did not get word of the Poll and thus a chance to exercise their franchaise was lost. :unsure:

Time to move forward to the next stage.  Looking forward to the next poll after a careful examination of the entries and their consideration.

Thank for taking the time to organize the polls, we are looking forward to visiting the Deli Impathon.

Kindest regards! Hughmongus

On the day that the origional poll came out, I personally posted it about 8 times in GL-Freedom - I know Ruger posted it once or twice too. Then in the upcoming days, I was sure to post it at least once a day in GL-Freedom at varying times of day.

For proper advertising, how would you suggest that we handle this?

• Like 1

Maybe in the future it can be placed in the patch notes? That would ensure everyone is notified about it.

• Like 3

Maybe in the future it can be placed in the patch notes? That would ensure everyone is notified about it.

Maybe we can get that cool ingame voting system put in too and run it that way.