Sign in to follow this  
Aum

Pristine Impalong! At Blossom Market Nov21-Dec5 2013, (Completed)

BAkCjIz.jpg

I believe this to be one of the greatest community events in wurm, I have heard much about it and seen some screens, but I have never been to one.
now that I can do my fair share of the improving I would love to participate in one along with everyone who joins in.
And certainly I would love to host it for Pristine and Release, and so I shall!

What's an Impalong?
Its a player created event cherished by many, immortalized by Willow, a mass gathering of community to come together and party, improve each others wares, enjoy each others company, play games and celebrate the true freedom of Wurm!

Who should come?
EVERYONE! and anyone who likes to party!

Skilled players who would like to give back to community,

New players needing a bit more ql on their tools and weapons.

What should I bring?
Your personal items that Need improving

Your Tools if you would like to help improve other players items
A branded horse of your village allows you to lead it out of the deed pens safely.

A Secure cart to store your belongings in during games and races.

What should I leave behind?

Dead weight, the kitchen sink, 6 longswords.

Where is the Pristine Impalong?
At Blossom market  Y29 - X17
OKMddoW.jpg

When is it?
November 21st to December 5th !

Whats Provided?
-Priest area for sermons, Secure Imping buildings, Imping materials, Food, Games!

public beds are 10i. there is no way to make them free, but if you need 10i just ask me!
Celeia will be providing all things fluffy! trait reading, genesis casts , horse breeding!

Dksprocket's Magnificent Maze!

A Lovely and very tricky maze, that will be standing well after impalong x)

Games?
~ I will Host games as I can
-Scavenger Hunt! teams set out to collect a random list of items from around the nearby game world. (fun but needs work. back to the drawing board!)
-Pan Filling! "Master Su Chef" a 1v1 elimination race to fill a number of pans with various ingredients the fastest, as players are eliminated the number of pans goes up, all meals will go to feed the impalong :P
-All kinds of RACES! from cows to boats, long and short distances.
-Fishing competition! you will have 30 minutes to catch 5 different kinds of fish.
-Sparing arena! battle it out with spatchula's frying pans, A felled tree? who knows!
-Deal or No Deal (made famous by Gumbo)! Hosted by Aum and Explora
-The Pristine Triathlon! teams of 2 will have to work together to cross the finish line.

Building event! attach a brick to the Obelisk have your name immortalized when its finished!

After Party?!?! Massive hunting party on the last day.

How do you Impalong?!?
in the secure buildings are forges and coffins with signs, you may drop and item in it without anyone else being able to pick it up besides yourself and the main trusted helpers.
anyone can imp these items but only you can pick it back up. sometimes you loose the ability to pick it back up after logging off to long, in that case myself or a trusted helper can return the item to you.
if of course you Name your items!

-additional note: be careful not to drop your items in someone elses backpack or container.

materials are in a separate central building, Crafters will be given access to this building. and we can pass out lumps to anyone else who would like to join in imping

Every bit of quality you add is appreciated by someone =).

~
A Huge thanks to the helpers and builders, I will name them here!
Tyden,Draygone,Davan,Drayka,Arathorn,DarkShadow,Tacha,LadyGodiva,Explora,DkSprocket,Blastspawn,Shindar,Acaos,Eldoro

~
A Huge thanks also for the prize donations!! Listed below:

[samvimes ~ 6x 5 speed horses]-

[Coastis ~ 3x 90QL Lanters,5x 80+QL Rakes,A nice set of 80ql Horseshoes with 60+WoA]-

[LadyGodiva ~ 8x Gold neclace, 8x Silver neclace,20x Gold Rings,20x Silver Rings]-

[Eldoro ~ 1 Rare puppet]-

[Rayker ~ 1 set of plate armor with extra helmets]

[Wraithefoe ~ Rare Arrow, Rare Grindstone, Shiny tools!]
~

A very sweet thank you to the GM team for coming to party and bringing us on boat rides! sailing will never be the same =)

~

Day 1:  Impalong is totaly cooool! TY Willow! -Elvidur took first place for the scavenger hunt. Grats!
Day 2:  A great turnout continues Thank you everyone for coming! -Drayka took 1st place for the scavenger hunt, Kaine took 1st place for the fishing competition. Grats!
Day 3:  Imp Imp Imp!      Imp Imp Imp!    Ting Ting Ting!    schfle schfle schfle!  We Imped and had sermons!

Day 4:  Who knew fishing could so soo fun?!

Day 5:  Real Life Needed some Imping :P

Day 6:  we Imped all day =)

Day 7:  and imped....

Day 8:  Happy Thanksgiving to all! and Thank you for giving. !!

Day 9:  What no fishing?!

Day 10: Dksprocket reveals his creation for the impalong, a master maze! , and a masterpiece!

Day 11: Our first game of DoND !!! and another race through Sprockets maze! Big  grats to the winners!

Day 12: Impalong Wisdom: he who brings the most waits the longest!

Day 13: The Obelisk gets some attention. I will post here when its done! Thank you for your mark!

Day 14: \o/ we made it, huge success! no reported casualties.

P.S. mmmm Yum, strawberry juice!

Edited by Aum
  • Like 13

I've been waiting all year to hear about this! Thanks for hosting Aum! Can't wait to attend!

• Like 1

GTA5 is released 22 November for PC.. maybe we should move this a week ? :)

• Like 2

Really nice idea, Aum! :)

If you're looking for some more idea about what you can do on the impalong, in terms of contests / events, here is one event I really enjoyed how it was organized: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/80259-celebration-summer-festivalimaplong-8th-of-june-onwards-wurmstock-2013/

One other thing other than imps and contests, I would really love to see would be a community project, which would "force" us to actually work together towards a common goal, but also stand on as a living memory of the Impalong. Dunno maybe raise a small island in the water, just enough to build a Collosus on it and have everyone help with building mats, attaching, etc and have it raised from scratch to complete during Impalong. You could eventually just add a new one on every edition. :) What do you think?

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by Sweety
  • Like 1

Races races races! boat races! cow races! horse races!

I love these events, but after hosting (summer fayre) I always need a week off from burnout lol - will be nice to attend one as a guest.

I'll be there, and can do carpentry (plus fine carp and bowyery).

If you need anything carp related imped up before the event (looms or belltowers for example) let me know.

• Like 1

I am new to blacksmithing and would like to come help. Skill is low but by then I should be able to imp to atleast 50 ql and maybe this will get my skill up :) May I be a worker?

• Like 1

id love to come along and help if possible :) thankyou aum for hosting and starting this :D i loved impalong before i quit

• Like 1

:wub: SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! :wub:

:rolleyes:

Me,

Celeia,

Fo's fluffy and sparkling fairy

will join the event!

:P

Free

Trait-Reading

Genesis Casts

:wub: Breeding with some of my nicest stallions :wub:

:D

May the Fluff be with you all!

Hope to see you soon!

;)

• Like 2

Awesome!! It's high time we organised that, thank you for taking up the challenge.

In the run up, i can help with bricks, mortar, wood and building. I would like to donate mats for the cooks, gold/silver jewellery (60ql) for race participants, and iron for our smiths. Anything, let me know.

;)  We need some "out of this world" prizes! 

Come on all the shipbuilders, horse breeders, armor and weapon smiths out there, start on your Master Pieces. :D

I would like to see some Zombie spawns :ph34r:

Lady

• Like 1

I Guess i will join for a few Days, even i`m from Release, i was at the impalong at Arcanum Market on Exodus and it is really a great Event, i may have even some ideas for some minigames

• Like 1

I can come from release :) 70 BS, and with vyn alt :)

Lets do this!

I shall bring some of my alliance with me as well :)

Edited by necroe
  • Like 1

Thanks for organising this Aum :lol:

Hoping for some games of Deal or no Deal, that was a highlight of last years Christmas Impalong on Independence for me.

Yes to some interesting monster spawns too (zombies, worgs, wraiths, dragons... ;) )

• Like 1

Need an idea?

Chapel area to support casts, batteries and sermons.

Three altars and a fenced in area or a building so the priests are secure from possible incursions or mob spawns.

Coffins to store enchantable items

A bsb or three to store possible stuff to sac for favor.

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 1

Fantastic, looking forward to the event. Anything i can do before hand count me in. I will be smithing so bring your gear along.

• Like 2

Bang out door locks like crazy and store them in barrels or whatever. Building up a cache for good priests that would like to enchant peoples stuff for them. Battlepants does this every year and I think he has like 10k locks or something crazy going like that this year for the impalong.

• Like 1

Happy Halloween to everyone!

and many many thanks for the ideas thus far, hoping to blend them all together for a smashing good time. =)

the time is drawing near!

as i see it, this is the best way to keep things semi organized during the event,

the event building (4x9 2 stories) will hold all of the imping stations in a secure location.

there will be a separate building to hold the materials iron/wood/ect for the impers. you must request access when you come.

a separate building for priests

besides a few trusted helpers, only people who drop things will be able to pick them up again. however please rename your items! if for any reason items cant be picked back up by the owner, either the helpers or myself can return it provided it has your name on it.

all unamed things will be set offdeed for scavengers after the event.

I believe this is the most secure way and how its been done before, but not fully sure as I haven't been to one yet!

I'm still working on getting the races/games details together, will post them soon and update the main post :P

enjoy your ghosts n candy day!

Sounds like a great event, i'll be there with 90 BS to imp with and also i've been working on some goodies including a set of 80QL WoA Horseshoes and 90QL Lanterns that i'd like to donate as prizes etc. Hopefully i'll have more by the time the event rolls around!

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan JS.

Ill be down a couple days before it kicks off.

Aum, if you can get me some HQ logs, i will bring my 87 carp skill and 67 ship building to help imp mallets, spindles, ships etc...

-Tayne

Edited by Corwen
  • Like 1