Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Money Distribution!

We have greatly improved the way money is distributed in Wurm by making it possible to sell low value items to traders and tokens by selecting the item, right-clicking the trader (or token) and selecting sell. You will receive up to 10 iron coins per item like this and may currently earn up to 5 copper coins per hour. You can find a more elaborate description of the system in City Hall at http://forum.wurmonline.com

Hate path tiles have been bugfixed

When joining a custom kingdom, village alliances are now broken. If you were the head of an alliance the alliance is disbanded.

Rock shards can now be insta-discarded by right-clicking them.

Mycelium now spreads properly to bush tiles

• Like 1

• Rock shards can now be insta-discarded by right-clicking them.

still no working, maybe some idea how to trigger this?

• We have greatly improved the way money is distributed in Wurm by making it possible to sell low value items to traders and tokens by selecting the item, right-clicking the trader (or token) and selecting sell. You will receive up to 10 iron coins per item like this and may currently earn up to 5 copper coins per hour. You can find a more elaborate description of the system in City Hall at http://forum.wurmonline.com

works after relogging again :)

Edited by Kwyzina

I really don't see the point of magically discarding rock shards.  Why not then also the option to magically get rid of butchering products, dirt and woodscraps?  Or maybe just everything?

imho bsbs and trash heaps are good enough, no need for magical discarding buttons on something that decays fast anyway.

Edited by Revelation

Why not a magic turn a rock shard into a brick button then?  Because I can't really think of a reason you need to insta-trash shards.

• Like 3

I'm kinda concerned about releasing the sell thing so quickly. It was announced yesterday to be on test, and you're already launching it? Won't it be premature?

I mean its a awesome feature, but kind of open to abuse, wouldn't it have been better to test it further?

• Like 1

So is this in addition to traders?  Like, do traders work normally as before, in addition to this (assuming that's the case because of wording) as in, selling items to traders, managing ratio, the trader getting money in etc.?  I'm not too clear on how this is impacting the normal trader routines (will the money received be lower because of less reserve?)

So is this in addition to traders?  Like, do traders work normally as before, in addition to this (assuming that's the case because of wording) as in, selling items to traders, managing ratio, the trader getting money in etc.?  I'm not too clear on how this is impacting the normal trader routines (will the money received be lower because of less reserve?)

Doesn't impact trader ratios nor payouts at all. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87796-money-distribution-improvements/

thread announcing and discussing yesterday by Rolf. 

I tried it out at the deed token, works fairly well.  Sold a couple of 90ql sprouts for 10i each.

One suggestion, have it mention the coins are put into your bank so you're not trying to find them in inventory.

I can't be sharing fsb and bsbs with villagers then, village buildings lose most functionality.

I can't be sharing fsb and bsbs with villagers then, village buildings lose most functionality.

How so?

Possibilities to explain this:

1 Players doing big projects produce lots of low quality shards they don't use

2 Players are grinding mining and don't use the shards/ore

3 Inflation of the mining or masonry skill

4 Mines are deeper than they used to be and players have to haul longer distances

5 Somebody in management or a sponsor wants to eliminate waste products in the game

6 Generally, the game exceed its ability to store shards

(1) Players who're doing big projects produce so many lower quality shards and just leave them there and then complain about having to drag them to trash bins or somewhere else to mine more (there's a 99 limit per tile). Because honestly I've done my very small projects and have never encountered too many shards.

(2) It's also possible that people are grinding mining and leaving the shards and ore without using it. The difference in my case is I use what I mine and don't grind more than that.

(3) Inflation of mining or masonry could result from more and more players wanting to build stone houses or having the capability to build them and/or not needing to build anything that uses anything else.

(4) They have to haul shards greater distances and they exceeded their tolerance for it.

(5) It could be that a developer or string of developers or a stakeholder or sponsor is bunching up with them and saying stuff like "You know, all the garbage in Wurm is such a waste of time. I don't think players really enjoy that stuff. Players play to have fun and fast action and immaculate projects. Hauling shards for miles and miles is not really any part of that. I think the game should move away from that so it can attract more players. Can start by adding an insta-destroy options. It shouldn't bother too many players. Later on, a year or two or so, we can make it so that there's no waste anymore so there won't be any need to click them to destroy them. By that time, players should be tired of the old routine of having to click and destroy them. With more time and changes, we can make it even better."

(6) There're just too many shards. How? The train went off the rails; idk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me, I don't do big projects. I like having the need to move things manually. Don't like automatic things. Managing a mine and managing a smallish house and farm and organizing things is a big part of the game for me... in fact, I want more of that, not less. But hte game needs enough dynamics to make it interesting, though. For example, traveling and building a place is a lot more interesting when things aren't flat and peaceful. It makes you search for a good spot and think about the best ways to move stuff around and position things. All of overlapping forces in the game come together to make it interesting, but if there's not enough there then it won't be interesting anymore. Imagine a world where the landscape is flat and creatures don't present a threat and mines can be built on any tile without the need for a rock tile and springs allow for players to find water on any tile and so on and you start to maybe understand. All of these forces and more meet together in an interdependent fashion to make the game interesting.

I'd rather see them reduce the congestion produced by so many leftover rock shards in mines instead of an insta-destroy. Perhaps more rock shards should be higher quality or maybe have carts that can carry more shards or maybe have trash bins that're made for rock shards that can hold more stuff.

Edited by Lightonfoot

I'm kinda concerned about releasing the sell thing so quickly. It was announced yesterday to be on test, and you're already launching it? Won't it be premature?

I mean its a awesome feature, but kind of open to abuse, wouldn't it have been better to test it further?

The problem is, the test server can only make sure the code itself works, as it works with the ingame economy, abuses and its effect on the overall economy can only be tested within the live servers, thats why its been released so quickly, the code was good, just need to wait and see its impact on our economy

abuses and its effect on the overall economy can only be tested within the live servers, thats why its been released so quickly

What? Abuse and effects of a certain feature can not be predicted before releasing it in a live environment? That just doesn't sound right :P

Doesn't impact trader ratios nor payouts at all. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87796-money-distribution-improvements/

thread announcing and discussing yesterday by Rolf. 

Yes it is does...

The money is drawn from the kings coffers just as when money is distributed to traders. There's a reserve that he won't give out like this reserved to traders and if the money reaches this limit he won't accept the item. The king coffers on most servers currently has a surplus that isn't distributed so there is little risk that those with traders see a decrease in their income.

It says there's little risk in trader income decreasing but it doesn't say it doesn't affect trader payouts "at all" ;)

Meh I don't see it impacting the economy much more than said economy is already impacted by say influx of iron coin from priests (still not sure where those are coming from). In fact I probably make more iron coin with less work from my priests praying for faster favor than I would by say gathering up and selling my "garbage".

Granted Im sure much of what I consider junk, a new player would kill for.

Not kidding about the iron coin btw... Im in it up to my bushy white virtual eyebrows. To let you all in on a little secret... I find it well suited for training certain skills. :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa

heh.... anyone who wants to stand around putting items into the token for a few coppers an hour.........have fun. ;)

Seems a nice new feature in most ways yes. It encourages smaller trades and manual cleaning *yawn* but it has a cost attached to it, in that storage resources are now coveted in an undesirable way. Plainly put, I spend a lot of time classifying materials in storage containers for villagers to have the perfect materials to skill up *yawn*. More than a lot of ppl's playing time *gasp*. I don't mind at all because this use is highly desirable and also encourages this in others *phew*. The result is that everything is available at all ql for most skills :o. Furthermore, as a village we can have token village areas designated to certain common tasks, ideal locations to grind up selected skills with all the amenities at hand. Simply by naming a specifically designed building by it's use it's possible to create a desirable location *hoorah*. A hub of milling harmony

tldr; sell yr own crap, skill in yr house mit your little hoard of misaligned crap and i'll stroll the barren streets of perfection laughing at your grotesque skillsets and copper piece. *muhahaha?*

Oh yes. *muhahaha*

An area opt out would be nice, 100 tiles or a maul through the neck from above. A optout bsb option would work too. Thanks for reading.

Edit: A building option to not let bsb/fsb contents leave it is about the best I can come up with. IDK how petty it seems I'm being with this. I feel my first post conveys the point I'm making. In engineering as pleasant village as possible, structured areas were a vital part of that which is worth not only keeping but encouraging and developing.

Edited by Silures

No worries people, a simple calculation shows u, that selling stuff to tokens isn't worth the time except in cases where u are doing actual cleaning.

Corpses and other stuff you pick along the road and u sell at the first token for a few i would maybe be worth more than simply burry them, anything bulk is QL related so not really worth selling.

I logged in, activated my rope, lead a horse, and mounted it. Rode to the trader and thinking I was going into the trade window I hit the sell button. It gave me 3iron for my rope.

No worries people, a simple calculation shows u, that selling stuff to tokens isn't worth the time except in cases where u are doing actual cleaning.

Indeed, you'll just earn more selling same items at bulk instead of to token...

I would suggest maybe doubling the iron coins received when selling, that would make it more worth its time.

it is money. Any money will motivate people. Do not make it worth too much or the game will become unbalanced.

Sign in to follow this