Sign in to follow this  
Wraithglow

Trader

"Periodically throughout the month, the king will distribute new funds to traders, provided the trader has sold at least 10% of what it purchased. You can see what amounts a trader has bought and sold with the Get Info ability. The ratio of bought to sold needs to be at least 1:10 (0.1 or higher on Get Info)."

Now I'm not an expert in the area, but the two bits in bold seem contradictory to me. I think that the second bit should probably say "ratio of sold to bought" because it is talking about from the trader's perspective.

As a player, you need to have bought at least 1/10th of what you have sold to the trader, but that means the trader needs to have sold at least 1/10th of what is has bought.

Have I misunderstood?

Yeah, you need to buy back enough items to pay back 10% of what you sold to the trader.

So in practical terms, if you drain 10 silver from a trader by selling him stuff, you need to buy back at least 1s worth of items. Otherwise he won't get silver.

Also the ratio is reset once every 28 days or so, which means you need to keep checking, and restore the ratio (if you don't want to drain it, just buy stuff from him - just note that some trader-exclusive items don't change the ratio, not sure which atm).

Speak of it in terms of iron coins because things can get confusing when you start to do compound transaction where the players is buy and selling.

- A trader must receive actual iron coins totaling at least 10% of the coins paid out. This ratio is calculated based on monthly totals from all transactions.

- Coins payed for trader trinkets act differently. 25% of the coins for all trader trinkets, except the deed writ where the Trader gets none, stay on the trade and counts as coins received. The other 75% is referred to as the King's cut.

- Taxation is applied to coin received and goes to deed upkeep. ??? I'm not sure if taxation pulles money away before it updates ratio ???

Speak of it in terms of iron coins because things can get confusing when you start to do compound transaction where the players is buy and selling.

I did speak in terms of, well, silver coins.

About the trader items, i'm not sure, been a while since i bought anything from one, but i think its maybe more than 25% that stays. I guess some other person confirming would help.

Edited by ReaverKane

Yes, the ratio (1:10) should be Sold:Bought, not the other way around.   I've updated that section to

The ratio of items they have sold to items they have bought needs to be at least 1:10 (0.1 or higher on Get Info).

Yes, the ratio (1:10) should be Sold:Bought, not the other way around.   I've updated that section to

The ratio of items they have sold to items they have bought needs to be at least 1:10 (0.1 or higher on Get Info).

That phrasing is kind of misleading. It seems that you have to buy 1 item for every 10 you sold, and not by value.

Should be something more like:

The ratio between trader income (price of items sold by the trader) and expenditures (price of items bought by the trader) needs to be at least 1:10 (0.1 or higher on Get Info).

• Like 1