Sign in to follow this  
Xandra

Walls/ Fences At A Mine Entry - Skill Requirements Now

Hi,

times ago there was no skill requirement for walls or fences directly surrounding a mine entry. Walling-/ fencing-in mine entries, as soon as you closed the mine with a gate or a gate house, was even required by the rules back then - to prohibit death traps where the unsuspecting newbie could easily fall in, but never escape anymore.

Obviously this has changed, now walls at the sides of mine entries require the same masonry/ carpentry skills as any other walls/ fences. So walling in mine entries isn't possible anymore quite often, because rarely there isn't at least one slope above 39 (max slope for walls/ fences according to wiki). See this (from there):

Note: These skill limits do not apply when building small stone walls at cave entrances.

Often there's need to secure a mine. Mine doors are a way to go, but they decay quickly and don't show signs of decay. Fences and gatehouses are a ways better idea, even if "kingdom enter" is planned.

But this seems to be obsolete now, due to normal skill requirement in mine-side walls and fences. Since avoiding to have death traps was a requirement not this long ago, I cannot but think that this is an undesired side-effect of another change, and thus a bug.

Have fun!

Edit: Added Wiki Link + Quote

Edited by Xandra

did u try with low stone walls? afaik those are the only one with no skill requierements

• Like 1

Hi,

did u try with low stone walls? afaik those are the only one with no skill requierements

yes, we did. Thx to the reminder, I edited my OP accordingly.

Thx again, and have fun!

Place walls then mine door after, mine doors (stone at least) register as a rock tile in the game engine so skill comes into effect