Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Money Distribution Improvements

I see here a lot of talks about veterans will camp their 10-20 alts by token/trader selling their high ql stuff. HOW? with this ....

... well, I'm bit insane (or at last some thinks that about me :P ), but I can imagine only 2 maybe 3 alts in time. Select item in inventory, right click on token, select menu item. Swap to other alt. Repeat as fast as you can. Do it whole hours ....

I'm sure, it is not my picture of fun. Any boring skill grinding is more funny way to play.

If anybody can imagine more than 2-3 alts working this way at the same time, they are probably using their macro bots, what is reason for permanent ban. Good luck, sooner or later you will be out of game.

Selling 10i items. 50 items will max the 5c payout per a toon. 50 items X 10 toon is 500 items to make an hour.  500 item / hr is 7.2 sec per an item. I think this is doable. You'd be very busy swapping clients that's for sure.

thanks man, you helped me find an error in my math above. 

trying this right now on indy, doesn't work for me. I'm standing at the token, right clicking several items, never getting the sell option. What am i doing wrong?

Huge +1 from me on this change.

And indeed, any further proposed changes to Traders. Almost _any_ change would be better than the way they (don't) work now.

trying this right now on indy, doesn't work for me. I'm standing at the token, right clicking several items, never getting the sell option. What am i doing wrong?

Rolf, on 19 Sept 2013 - 2:18 PM, said:

I've given it some thought, discussed it with the team and came up with the following system now being tested on the test server:

Edit: hmm confused now

seen another post from dev so not sure if it should alrdy be working outside testserver

Edited by Maiya

Rolf, on 19 Sept 2013 - 2:18 PM, said:

I've given it some thought, discussed it with the team and came up with the following system now being tested on the test server:

patch notes when you launch the game state that it has been patched already

Love it!!  Glad to see a fresh take on something. Don't think any trader owners have room to get mad either as this doesn't seem to affect the spread of wealth for their traders/private money machines and it also provides them the option to use their deed token to. 

patch notes when you launch the game state that it has been patched already

ya, tried it on Deli and it's not implamented. was bummed when I realized this was test server only..... :unsure:

Edited by metis

Selling 10i items. 50 items will max the 5c payout per a toon. 50 items X 10 toon is 500 items to make an hour.  500 item / hr is 7.2 sec per an item. I think this is doable. You'd be very busy swapping clients that's for sure.

thanks man, you helped me find an error in my math above. 

To get that 10i you need non damaged 90+ql items.  If someone chooses to waste such high ql items for so little monetary gain , then fair play to them imo

• Like 1

Love the idea of this change, and I really hope it helps newbies.

edit I actually rethought the last part, The money amounts are low enough that I don't see many vets grinding it, to be honest if you wanted to make some money late game without using your character and had an army of alts then why not just pray on all of them, I know it may give less return but far less effort. Overall still nice to see another feature to help newbies

Edited by Webba

Well, the several hundred fish I sacrifice for no favour gain every few hours seem to average about 5i per fish at the token so I'm set.  Or I would be if I could be bothered sitting there clicking for hours.  Maybe I'll sell them to noobs for 2i per fish... 

Weird change, but if it doesn't dip into the existing trader profits then it seems entirely fine to me.

Made 4c in just a handful of minutes selling things like corpses and BSB split items like animal parts.. Good way to clean up junk I don't need since I'm a hoarder and am too lazy to take things to a trash heap because of its time and item limit.

I've tried it out and it looks like a brilliant solution to me  :)

Congratulations to the devs for an imaginative new idea!

actually this change could be a reason for me to actually spend my money for a public trader :D it was long time planned now and when i have my marketplace for him I'll surely do it since i dont have to fear "uselessness" for newbies again ;)

To get that 10i you need non damaged 90+ql items.  If someone chooses to waste such high ql items for so little monetary gain , then fair play to them imo

Animal corpses (even butchered ones) are always 100ql. And actually get sold for 11 iron. I guess people will stop complaining about people not burying when hunting.

Edit: someone pointed out "constant suicide alts" could be use to abuse the system. Maybe someone should fix that.

Edited by Serpentarius

will traders still give decent amount of money for high value items (golden rings/statuettes/etc)?

if not, will you compensate all who bought traders for 50 silvers ?

oh and that reminds me : will you reconsider the prices on generic trader items ? (res stones/tuning forks/transmutation rods/etc) 

I'm asking it coz the prem price had gone up a while ago, but we still have to spend 50 silvers on some items and that means every single trader item became 60% more expensive. 

If someone spends 50 Euros worth of silvers for a trader, they should at least get something in return...

will traders still give decent amount of money for high value items (golden rings/statuettes/etc)?

if not, will you compensate all who bought traders for 50 silvers ?

oh and that reminds me : will you reconsider the prices on generic trader items ? (res stones/tuning forks/transmutation rods/etc) 

I'm asking it coz the prem price had gone up a while ago, but we still have to spend 50 silvers on some items and that means every single trader item became 60% more expensive. 

If someone spends 50 Euros worth of silvers for a trader, they should at least get something in return...

Rolf has already stated that there is a reserve pool in the Kings funds set for Traders, so while both mechanics take money from the same pool, they will still receive money the same way they did previously.

He hasn't mentioned anything about changing values of items sold to traders at this point.

Animal corpses (even butchered ones) are always 100ql. And actually get sold for 11 iron. I guess people will stop complaining about people not burying when hunting.

Edit: someone pointed out "constant suicide alts" could be use to abuse the system. Maybe someone should fix that.

Would think corpse weight of 50kg would discourage too much abuse of this.  At 5 copper per hour / toon, it seems difficult to keep sellers in enough corpses to make this worthwhile (although this would make a little money following a hunting trip, think a large cart can fit 28 or so corpses with rafts). 

You would need 20 toons to make 1s/hr, and even then you would have to keep them supplied the whole time.  Someone may find a way to make money doing this, but I think I have better use for my time.

Still should be an easy change to not buy corpses, and this would fix this issue.

Best thing i like is the 10I per hi ql crops give same amount of money as selling them by the 1000 per 1S route.. just a little effort to sell them 1 at a time.. Maybe the price will finally raise on crops and stuff and help the economy grow...

well if they take it off from tokens then it will benefit those with merchants(the vets)

also there are many that already have lots of traders.

if it were by me it should only be on tokens and ip limited, and if u didn't know dynamic ip's only change the last 3 digits that's way easy to detect.

and as i said the outcome is too low to be worth the trouble, i for one wouldn't be botherd to go diging for 10 i per action  let alone doing 1-3 actions to get an item and do another  one to sell it.

That would only be true if you were on a /24 subnet and most ISPS don't do that from my experience

I dont think this effects the amount of coin traders get at all, affliction apparently doesnt have any spare money that is not used for traders, so you cant sell items. On servers where you can, I assume the money used to just get removed from the game, due to every trader that could recive it getting capped.

It's live. It works.

I think it's a good addition, mainly for new players. The vets can still have traders and new players can get small amounts of Money by selling crap items in bulk to "the king". The servers get less items in the process and that can't be bad...

• Like 1

This puts more money into the economy, and at a very slow rate so as to avoid quick inflation. Love this addition!

I would like to suggest (like other have already) that only premium characters be allowed to access this feature.

• Like 2