Sign in to follow this  
Gone420

Some Priest Restriction/spell Changes?

Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult

Allow all priests to make healing covers

Allow Mag to Lock pick and bash

Allow Vynora and Fo to use archery, maybe restrict them to short bow only?

If fo is allowed to use archery Oakshell on horses should be brought into line with iron barding

Make Fireheart and Shard of Ice 10-15 favor costs

Make Excel 20 favor cost

Make Truehit a weapon enchantment the same as Nimbleness?(Thats for BL to +1 idk if they'd want that or not) 

Make Bloodthirst BL equivalent of Life Transfer(would then be 120 favor cost, same as LT)?(Same as Truehit suggestion)

Put a global cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days

Allow all priests to repair house walls.

Allow all priests to build on mission things, pylon etc.

Just some ideas i'm throwing out there that imo will bring all priest more into line with each other.

Edited by Gone420

Alot of balancing needs to be done IMO. Like these suggestions don't scratch the surface.

Already plenty of priests in pvp and they already have huge advantages over non priests, big -1 from me

Edited by Joemog

Already plenty of priests in pvp and they already have huge advantages over non priests, big -1 from me

Thats the point of priesting, to be stronger, but have to rely on others to make/imp your gear

I personally like the fact that all the priests are different from each other. Your suggested updates make them all to similar, so -1 for me sorry.

-1. All these threads about changing priests...

All priests have good abilities, but diffrent ones. No fun if the spells are similar.

They are fine as they are, IMO.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

Just my thoughts on your suggestions:

Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult  Yes/No... Idk

Allow all priests to make healing covers  Fo can do this iirc

Allow Mag to Lock pick and bash Already a Mag spell for bashing

Allow Vynora and Fo to use archery, maybe restrict them to short bow only?  Just balance the Shard of Ice spell and give Fo a spell

If fo is allowed to use archery Oakshell on horses should be brought into line with iron barding  No.

Make Fireheart and Shard of Ice 10-15 favor costs  No to Mag, Shard of Ice needs balancing with bows.

Make Excel 20 favor cost  I've used this spell a few times, but never actually noticed anything.

Make Truehit a weapon enchantment the same as Nimbleness?(Thats for BL to +1 idk if they'd want that or not)  Idk

Make Bloodthirst BL equivalent of Life Transfer(would then be 120 favor cost, same as LT)?(Same as Truehit suggestion) Umm no, Libila afaik already has a drain health spell. I remember hearing about this spell being used effectively if you have a lot of people casting it at once you can kill someone.

Put a cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days  Seems balanced already.

Just some ideas i'm throwing out there that imo will bring all priest more into line with each other. 

Was thinking Fo could have a healing arrow type spell similar to Shard of Ice only instead it heals a targetted ally.

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 1

Just my thoughts on your suggestions:

Was thinking Fo could have a healing arrow type spell similar to Shard of Ice only instead it heals a targetted ally.

I don't even LIKE Fo and I love that idea, I mean I love it enough I'd consider converting for it.

The thing about making a spell like shard of ice as effective as archery,and by effective as i mean being able to bring a horse to hurt(15 damage) in one cast/arrow, is that you cant miss spells and when its used on players it'd be overpowered, as you cant block spells

Wraith of mag was nerfed awhile ago when MR elevation used it to level a deed

And yea Drain heath is one of the best spells there is, even if che will say otherwise

and as it is currently having oakshell on your horse is like scale barding, if not quite the glance rate of scale, so IF Fo was allowed to use archery it would be a bit overpowered to have a pre-nerf hellhorse(without the speed) and archery 

And we haven't done big tests or anything but Excel seems to increase block/parry a bit

Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult. Yes

Allow all priests to make healing covers. Yes

Allow Mag to Lock pick and bash. Yes

Allow Vynora and Fo to use archery, maybe restrict them to short bow only? No

If fo is allowed to use archery Oakshell on horses should be brought into line with iron barding. No

Make Fireheart and Shard of Ice 10-15 favor costs.  meh

Make Excel 20 favor cost meh

Make Truehit a weapon enchantment the same as Nimbleness?(Thats for BL to +1 idk if they'd want that or not)  yes would be nice

Make Bloodthirst BL equivalent of Life Transfer(would then be 120 favor cost, same as LT)?(Same as Truehit suggestion) only if it's buffed on weapons

Put a cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days fine as is

Edited by Jock

The thing about making a spell like shard of ice as effective as archery,and by effective as i mean being able to bring a horse to hurt(15 damage) in one cast/arrow, is that you cant miss spells and when its used on players it'd be overpowered, as you cant block spells

If it can't be blocked then maybe it should be something like 4-6dmg per hit at around 5 favor cost.

So someone walking out on the field with 70 favor could pop off 14 casts doing about 54-84dmg...

hmm... maybe damage could be adjusted higher?

Questions about the spell currently: What is the range on the spell?

If it's going to work like a bow it should at least have longbow range imo.

If it can't be blocked then maybe it should be something like 4-6dmg per hit at around 5 favor cost.

So someone walking out on the field with 70 favor could pop off 14 casts doing about 54-84dmg...

hmm... maybe damage could be adjusted higher?

Questions about the spell currently: What is the range on the spell?

If it's going to work like a bow it should at least have longbow range imo.

10 tiles

Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult

yes please also let us harvest trees, not sure why you can do some forestry but not that.

yes

yes

Vynora yes, fo no

If fo is allowed to use archery Oakshell on horses should be brought into line with iron barding

I hear very confusing reports of what it is currently, some people say its weaker, some stronger? Would be good to bring it down if they do get archery though.

Would knock it down to 10 like rotting gut. yes

Make Excel 20 favor cost

Excel always seemed pretty strong to me, idk about reducing favor, no

Make Truehit a weapon enchantment the same as Nimbleness?(Thats for BL to +1 idk if they'd want that or not) 

no, would be nice but removes some uniqueness of bl

Make Bloodthirst BL equivalent of Life Transfer(would then be 120 favor cost, same as LT)?(Same as Truehit suggestion)

eh, bloodthirst is a nice spell, bit useless but nice. no

Put a cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days

Already exists

Some of mine

Give libila priests locate soul/a locate soul equivalent.

Give hell hounds/scorpions their soul back, not sure how they can be dommed and tamed but not zombied

I think you should just keep priests as is, there's really no viable solution that everyone is going to agree on in PvP terms.  I think the priests need tweaked sometimes, but in the reality of things you can't change one thing without others feeling jipped and requesting buffs/nerfs.  

Put a cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days

Already exists

I meant a global CD, like rite of spring, just like 2 or 3 days

• Like 1

1Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult

2Allow all priests to make healing covers

3Allow Mag to Lock pick and bash

4Allow Vynora and Fo to use archery, maybe restrict them to short bow only?

5If fo is allowed to use archery Oakshell on horses should be brought into line with iron barding

6Make Fireheart and Shard of Ice 10-15 favor costs

7Make Excel 20 favor cost

8Make Truehit a weapon enchantment the same as Nimbleness?(Thats for BL to +1 idk if they'd want that or not)

9Make Bloodthirst BL equivalent of Life Transfer(would then be 120 favor cost, same as LT)?(Same as Truehit suggestion)

10Put a global cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days

1 Yep, I don't see any real reason to not let Lib tame, we all know zombie horses aren't a great alternative, nor is having alts tame horses for you, and not being allowed hell horses.  Catapulting is also something that doesn't make sense, why shouldn't a destructive god let you destroy stuff?

2 Yes please, there's like no reason at all I can ever see that you can make everything else in this skill (farmers salve, dye, concrete) but not healing covers.

3 Yes for sure to lockpicking, I'm mixed on bashing.  I'd like it, at least mine doors, but dunno if it's too much.

4 Yes for all bows, no need for a restricted bow type imo.

5 Don't know, it's sort of balanced in that you have no idea how long it lasts or what power it is.

6 Phantasms and rotting gut are both 10 favor, worm brains is 30, I don't know how powerful either rotting gut or worm brains is, so 10 favor for Shard of Ice and Fireheart sound ok considering they're not powerful.

7 Dunno, supposed to make you block a lot better, used it a few times ages ago on Wild and saw no difference.

8 This is stuff I wouldn't change to prevent cookie cutter, it's a 10 favor self buff (if wiki is correct) that I assume stacks with nimbleness, so it can be a powerful buff Id assume as is.

9 Same as 8, I'd leave it as a special spell, plus it's the only damage enchant that works on archery.

10 Any global cooldown would be worth something, as is you can just relink to as many priests as you have, because lets be honest, no one raids big deeds more than once every 3 days.

Something I'd add;  Let all priests repair walls, dunno why it counts as building.  Also 'improve' dye, the action is even called mixing, same result as pouring dye together sort of.

I'm curious how people feel about unfinished items that require materials.  Priests already were able to finish unfinished items that worked with improve actions before those items were removed.  We have all these things like obelisks and pylons, and priests are the most devout followers of their god but can't build these?  Or guard towers either for that matter.

• Like 1

Yea, priests really should be able to work on pylons ect.

The mixing thing always confused me too.

Lib also has really strange restrictions on gardening/forestry, would love to see some if those removed (stuff like being unable to harvest trees, but can prune them)

I think rotting gut is pretty much the same as fireheart/shard of ice, worm brains is slightly stronger and gives head wounds.

Edited by Kagrenac

Allow Libila to tame horses/hell horses as well as allowing them to catapult

I think every priest should be able to tame, in order to equip their horses for pvp and ride hellhorses. BL already have the nerf to taming, where it is more difficult. It doesn't need to be restricted aswell.

As BL already has fungus they can absorb, I don't really feel it's necessary to give them the ability to create healing covers. If they are stuck somewhere where there's no fungus, they can drain health a random creature instead. However for Mag I think it should be possible.

With spells like Disintegrate and Wrath of Mag, I feel Mag is supposed to be more focused on destroying obstructions, rather than sneaking their way through. Therefore I would say no to Lockpicking, but yes to bashing.

I think first of all Tentacles needs to be adjusted. And then after, perhaps Vynora should be allowed some form of archery. However I would stand by that Fo has its own speciality and shouldn't be fiddled with here.

Can't say anything about this.

Make them cost the same as Rotting Gut.

Make Excel 20 favor cost

I've never tested this spell, I don't know how good it is. So I can't say yes or no.

Although I think BL should have their own option instead of Nimbleness, I don't think it should replace Truehit which is its own spell. What this nimbleness replacement could be, I have no idea.

Sounds kinda OP, I think Life Transfer should stay as Fo-only. I wouldn't be against giving Bloodthirst some completely different use though, I personally hate it :P

Put a global cooldown on Land of Dead, like 2- 3 days

Agreed.

Despite being a BL priest, I tried to be as impartial as possible... I hope people with experience as the other religions can agree.

And people saying priests are already strong... you have to remember they're sacrificing over half the game (improving, building and in some cases terraforming) for these buffs. They deserve to have them well thought out.

Overall +1 to a change.

Edited by BrokenSanity

What borky said cept add in locate soul for BL or remove it from Vyn, idc either way works for me.

same as borken but:

Yes

and also remove locate soul and nolocate from the game

Page 4?  Bump, especially bumping for unfinished items like pylons.

• Like 1