Sign in to follow this  
Jun

Died Inside My Fence, What To Do?

I died inside of my locked fence and I do not have my keys to get back inside.  I also cannot find my corpse.  I know there is a chance it had decayed already (it has been over 24 hours since I died), but I do not see a pile of items in its place.  I'm on the Golden Valley server outside of Glitterdale.  There is no way I can break down my fence as I cannot get to 21 body strength.  What can I do?

Well to start you should always have a house wall/door as an entrance point even if it is just a 1x1 gatehouse. as far as getting inside of your fence i have no idea other than asking a GM for help and i am not sure they would help or not. If you can gain access to the area you can drop things on the ground and the key will turn up in the pile when you have dropped enough items. 

Edited by Kegan

Well bodys shouldnt decay within 24 hours so thats odd unless there was a change, could contact a gm for this i believe? If not your only hope could be to get 21 body strength unless a person near by you could help.

golden valley? supposed to not even playing there pass tutorial >_> ....

There are old accounts that are still there and are allowed to play outside of the tutorial area. It has a faster decay rate than any of the freedom servers and he cant get anyone with the ability to bash unless it is a GM.

The only way to get in now without a GMs help would be to wait until a section of fence decays away. 

One has to wonder how come a guy is still playing in GV and only made his forum account today.

Anyhow, answering your question, GV has increased decay, so wait for the fence to go away. Shouldn't take longer than a week or 2, depending on the ql.

One has to wonder how come a guy is still playing in GV and only made his forum account today.

They might have purchased it.

The only way to get in now without a GMs help would be to wait until a section of fence decays away. 

I was afraid of that.  Thanks for everyone's help.

There are old accounts that are still there and are allowed to play outside of the tutorial area. It has a faster decay rate than any of the freedom servers and he cant get anyone with the ability to bash unless it is a GM.

Would question why they let these people in there >_> ...

Edited by rosedragon

Would question why they let these people in there >_> ...

They were there in the days when everyone stayed on GV until they paid for prem and went to the other servers.  No new accounts can do that now, but the old ones were never forced to move, and Rolf has said they can stay as long as they want.

always keep a spare key or two at yre bank, eg glitterdale  or nd token

for future reference yes gatehouse is the safer option

After all these years, they still haven't been integrated with the rest of the playerbase....  :rolleyes: 

could contact a gm for this i believe?

I surely hope a GM does not waste time on this call. "Customer service" in those regards were and are not provided on the P2P servers, and shouldn't be provided on the F2P. The OP made a decision to stay on a server where destroying/removing fences and walls is disabled, so they must live with the ramifications of that. They have 2 options: a) learn from their mistake and carry on over there or b.) jump through a portal and come to a server where there are other players that can help them if they ever find themselves in the same unfortunate circumstance again.

Edited by As_I_Decay

They were there in the days when everyone stayed on GV until they paid for prem and went to the other servers.  No new accounts can do that now, but the old ones were never forced to move, and Rolf has said they can stay as long as they want.

I have no problem with this, especially when some of those players are helpful enough to answer new players' questions in the tutorial.

As for the OP, only realistic option is wait for fences to decay, and hope its before any of the items decay. Downsides of living in GV :)

My GV char assisted Jun with some spare tools I had. But yeah, in terms of getting into the fenced area, Jun's posted that she's now aware that waiting for the fence to decay is the only option for getting back in. GV truly is a wilderness now, so rebuilding from scratch isn't anything new.

Yeah, I'm one of those players that kept a PC on GV when the big migration was put in place. Some of us there help each other as well as helping the new players first going through the tutorial. We're essentially the first contact those new players have with the experienced Wurm community and first contacts in a MMO game do tend to make a big impression on their experience.

Edited by Tristanc

wish we could get a second chance to make accounts in GV :)

just a 24h period of time when it would work.

Well, I had no idea some of you felt  that way about GV accounts. I have a GV account and really enjoy login in from time to time to see the sights and memories of the place. On a side note, since the friend list upgrade I can now see that some of my friends have not logged in for like 1,300 days or so :P

Not sure why there is some ill will towards these accounts. 

It is because you guys are there and we are not and it puzzles us? I'm more questioning on people isolating themselves on a server that supposed for tutorial only... unless letting people stay permanently there is part of helping those newbs that pop into the game. I'm not a big deal on it and not going to protest all the way of this, it just makes me scratched my head and voice out my opinion-- which I apologize it sounds more hostile than intended.

Well, I had no idea some of you felt  that way about GV accounts. I have a GV account and really enjoy login in from time to time to see the sights and memories of the place. On a side note, since the friend list upgrade I can now see that some of my friends have not logged in for like 1,300 days or so :P

Me i'm kinda jealous. When i moved i left an alt there, but i got busy, and it got deleted. Kinda miss my GV place, was right outside glitterdale on the hill north of it, had a nice mine with a iron vein just by the entrance, and there was a copper vein just above it, zinc and gold near GD at the tunnel.

No ill feelings towards the accounts themselves or the people behind them. I do find it slightly annoying that people are still playing there and that threads like these still pop up, years later. In my opinion, allowing players to remain there after closing down to new blood only created jealousy (i.e. Reaver and Silakka's posts) and continued segregation... both very bad for the game itself.

Bad call on Rolf's Wurm's part.

After all these years, they still haven't been integrated with the rest of the playerbase....  :rolleyes:

Well, I know couple of good Wurmians, who have their alts on GV. They like that place as well as they like help to new acounts in tutorial, when need arise. They are enjoying harsh conditions and limits there.

They have their main toons on Freedom, as well as their deeds and a lot of alts. They are experienced veterans. And yes, they are really helpful to noobs on Freedom too. (correction: They are helpful and friendly to all around them)

... so your "haven't been integrated" is at least silly ...

In true, most GV surviving accounts are just alts of some veterans from Freedom/Epic (call Epic Wurmians veterans is not exact, that cluster is still bit too young :rolleyes: ).

Seems Jun is only inexperiended exception, I heard of in last years.

Edited by Zakerak

well, i once died in a fence i stuck by sucide at desertion. same problem as the tc has/had, and made a gm call after pushing up body to 21 to be able to destroy the wall.

made meanwhile a gm-call and after hitting the wall for a looong time a gm really answered :D

i was so happy when he arrived and gave my body back. was a 1-minute-job for him i guess, talking to me, porting there and doing the replacement of corpse.

TYVM GM!!! :D ...i like that kinda support!