Sign in to follow this  
Jun

Died Inside My Fence, What To Do?

well, i once died in a fence i stuck by sucide at desertion. same problem as the tc has/had, and made a gm call after pushing up body to 21 to be able to destroy the wall.

made meanwhile a gm-call and after hitting the wall for a looong time a gm really answered :D

i was so happy when he arrived and gave my body back. was a 1-minute-job for him i guess, talking to me, porting there and doing the replacement of corpse.

TYVM GM!!! :D ...i like that kinda support!

If you had the bug where you were stuck on the fence and couldn't move, then that's different, but if by stuck you just mean locked in an area, then sorry to say this but there's no way a GM should have helped* you there, especially on a PvP server.

*Edit - clarification of helped: Shouldn't have got your corpse for you, they could of course have helped by providing info on ways to recover it yourself - we always try and help in some way ;)

• Like 1

Hi,

[...] I do find it slightly annoying that people are still playing there[...]

Why? Ppl still playing on GV has a reason (assisting the CA's in helping the fresh ppl in the tutorial), and everybody had a chance to be among them.

GV is the exclusive login + tutorial server now, and there's no overload to fear if a few players still have their homes there. Where's the problem?

Maybe, is it that you (generic) don't have an account there anymore, and are biting your own back to have missed the chance? You (generic) had the chance, like any older player. Greed isn't a good reason, IMHO.

I have, together with my partner, 2 chars on GV. We have a nice seaside home there, and we like it. Nevertheless we have 4+ Premiums on Independence, and 5 deeds.

You (generic) wanna tell me I'm a parasite of Wurm still playing on GV? Really?

Have fun!

Hi,

Why? Ppl still playing on GV has a reason (assisting the CA's in helping the fresh ppl in the tutorial), and everybody had a chance to be among them.

GV is the exclusive login + tutorial server now, and there's no overload to fear if a few players still have their homes there. Where's the problem?

Maybe, is it that you (generic) don't have an account there anymore, and are biting your own back to have missed the chance? You (generic) had the chance, like any older player. Greed isn't a good reason, IMHO.

I have, together with my partner, 2 chars on GV. We have a nice seaside home there, and we like it. Nevertheless we have 4+ Premiums on Independence, and 5 deeds.

Have fun!

Bad time of the month?

No one called anyone parasites. I personally said i wish i still had my char there, but i have no issues with people who still have. AFAIK people still back there are actually providing a service by getting some tips in for the actual newbies on the tutorial.

I found it odd though that a guy asking about being stuck on a fence and having a very young forum account still being on GV. Even as a bought account, someone this unexperienced wanting buy an account and play in GV kinda strikes me as odd. Mere curiosity.

Of course there's people who probably weren't in GV when freedom was open, so for them it might be a different case.

Hi,

Have fun!

I already told you what the problem was. First, it was segregation of the player base. Second, It was a "window of opportunity" that's not available anymore and that created jealousy. You obviously understood the jealousy part of it, because you went on about how (generic) players shouldn't harbor jealousy towards it at all... and your reasoning behind it was because "old players had the chance to stay". You also went on about how you and your partner were fortunate/smart enough to keep characters there, further egging on the jealousy...

Well, what about the new players and their jealousy, Xandra? You only had something to say about the people who were around at the time of GV.

Now, no where did I hint that my opinion of GV players were akin to parasites, so please don't put words into my mouth. I have no problem with the players, I DO have a problem with the fact that Rolf didn't eventually force everyone to shift over to the real servers. Why? Because we still have people who are living on GV like the OP that, really, doesn't have a grasp on game mechanics yet... and that shouldn't be. They should be on a server where they can be helped by the community.

My opinion is that GV (outside of the tutorial) should be closed to everyone except GM/Dev. Players with CA/CM titles should have a wand created for them by Rolf that allows them to teleport to and from the GV tutorial zone at any given time. That way, helpful players still get to help the fresh blood and the rest of the community can forget about the island that only some have access to. No more jealousy and everyone wins.

(PS - I am completely unbiased in my stance because I, too, have access to a GV account... don't assume I am one of the (generic) people you speak of, Xandra.)