Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Participate In Making The Next Wurm Trailer?

Okay, the new content in the update may not be essential but surely new graphics/mobs would be a nice addition to the trailer, or showing whats coming in the near future?

There is always going to be new graphics and features, but somewhere down the line you need to start working and stop waiting.

If there was anything in the patch I needed to ad, I have access to that. But this is a thread requesting community videos, not discussing work in progress.

I love that timelapse! :)

Going to check out your video as well, though if it is uploaded to youtube then it probably already has been through to much compression.

yes but still HD.. in case you are short on vids then.. :) .

My

of selfmade Wurm Online Videos, mostly about my town (Zwergenbucht) on Desertion. There should be some interesting scenes in there, feel free to use them. Esp the video about the cog could be usefull as its without the interface and we got 10 people (and a tamed champion rat) pushing and pulling.

It is all in 1080p and high quality, also sending you a new video via wetransfer atm.

Thank you Gerugon. Im exited to check it out!

They just about have to be staged and shot in a controlled setting so to avoid the ugly side of the game to be anything nice. I would not want to see any trailer with junk on the ground or things like patchy ground with dirt packed grass stuff like that. I know that will be hard especially for any kind of PvP aspects with thier 300 slope dirt walls and chaotic design they are just not that visually appealing..IMO

Edited by Kegan

What size footage are you looking for? I have quite a handful of 1080p shots, 30fps, recorded in Fraps taking up about 100GB of SSD space of PvE scenarios with groups of ~10.

Realistically, it'd take days for it to get uploaded and re-downloaded again at full-size. Perhaps I can compress all of it rendered in a small video, and then you can pick what you want?

If you want, I can compress it into a .mp4. or just leave it as an .avi and Dropbox what you want to you.

Edited by Xallo

Id like to record something but nowadays I don't get above 50 fpm anymore.

What size footage are you looking for? I have quite a handful of 1080p shots, 30fps, recorded in Fraps taking up about 100GB of SSD space of PvE scenarios with groups of ~10.

Realistically, it'd take days for it to get uploaded and re-downloaded again at full-size. Perhaps I can compress all of it rendered in a small video, and then you can pick what you want?

If you want, I can compress it into a .mp4. or just leave it as an .avi and Dropbox what you want to you.

Hello Xallo

Thank you for responding to this thread!

The best thing would be if you could present me with some highlights.

If it is to much work editing then just compress the file and ad a text document saying where you think the highlights of the videos are.

I cant handle hours of gameplay and the risk is I would miss something because of the speed i need to keep to go through all the material.

That being said though, would work great if you sent me a small version first so i could check it out!

Cheers!

Maybe I missed that info somewhere sorry, but which deadline have you set for the material?

Maybe I missed that info somewhere sorry, but which deadline have you set for the material?

I have not set a deadline yet. But lets say I will be accepting videos for consideration two weeks forward.

Will update the main post with deadline as soon as I know more!

Would you possibly be interested in clips of engineering marvels on Chaos, such as Kratos,  the impenetrable mountain fortress, or the castle of Kyara, or possibly the city of House of Mol Rehan? There are tonnes of really awesome deeds on Chaos which would be cool to show off to the community and/or new customers. I think like a full minute of clips from Chaos would be a great addition to the film to show off what Chaos has.

• Like 1

Would you possibly be interested in clips of engineering marvels on Chaos, such as Kratos,  the impenetrable mountain fortress, or the castle of Kyara, or possibly the city of House of Mol Rehan? There are tonnes of really awesome deeds on Chaos which would be cool to show off to the community and/or new customers. I think like a full minute of clips from Chaos would be a great addition to the film to show off what Chaos has.

Oh I am so interested seeing what inside them, but that probably to note where are the weaknesses, layout, etc... well, are you sure you going to expose those to public? O.o

Our enemys have sent enough alts over our walls and im sure they have wormed in a char or two into our alliance anyway :P

But no, i personally wont mind :)

If you are able to ok it with the people involved/ owning the deeds, then I would be interested.

I would not show footage that can be damaging for their gaming experience or shown against their will.

A big plus for shooting deeds like that, is if you can have a gm with flight to take aerial shoots.

Thank you for showing interest Redd! :)

Edited by RedBaron_Johan

Short will see what is possible

Even if it would come in late, I could still use it in some other feature later on!

Would be cool to role play some kind of scenario in wurm and make a story from it.

Considering the percentage of PVP players as compared to players on the PVE clusters the trailer shouldn't put so much emphasis on Chaos and PVP. As I see it, the "soul" of Wurm Online is definitely not its PVP aspect. Instead, a majority of us has been around for a long time because we mostly enjoy all the other fundamental aspects of the game: creativity, community, aesthetics, peaceful competition and the struggle for survival in an unfriendly environment. Wurm Online is all about "Create your own world and shape your environment in a matchless sandbox universe"! (Let's face it: if I just want PVP I can have that in dozens of other games - and a lot better at that.)

I believe the trailer should present Wurm's undisputable pros and highlights (PVP is not one of them, imho). Show people what it is that makes Wurm different from all the other MMOs! The trailer should try to answer questions like: "Why should I start playing Wurm Online instead of any of the many MMOs on the market? What's so special about Wurm Online?".

(Just my two cents... :) )

Considering the percentage of PVP players as compared to players on the PVE clusters the trailer shouldn't put so much emphasis on Chaos and PVP.

Surely this is a good reason as to why we do need a trailer with more emphasis on PVP?

If there's an area with lots of room for expansion (the PVP servers), we should really be working on it.

• Like 5

oh god.. not another pve vs pvp debate to start here...

While I am agree that pve is more popular, unless Rolf decides to blow all the pvp servers then we who play on pvp deserve love just like pve do. There probably more submissions of pve than pvp due to the nature of pvp though, which I will trust Baron will select them based on how interesting the videos is and theirs quality than popularity of servers.

• Like 1

Not a problem, ill talk to the people involved and i can get some clips sorted for Kratos, and possibly HoM (I wont do Kyara a because I'd only be able to get an outside pic, and B) its not my deed nor am i associated in it in anyway and i;d feel it would be rude and dishonorable). 

To those who are like "Ooooh we'll get infoz on what these deed layouts are like!". Dont get too excited ;) Ill give you just a taster :)

Red, don't worry. You said it yourself, remember? Kratos is invulnerable. :)

Also, I think your idea is a great one. Building deeds on pvp servers is great fun and can show how groups of players can make something really cool to control areas of the map and to defend locations/items.

• Like 2

Considering the percentage of PVP players as compared to players on the PVE clusters the trailer shouldn't put so much emphasis on Chaos and PVP. As I see it, the "soul" of Wurm Online is definitely not its PVP aspect. Instead, a majority of us has been around for a long time because we mostly enjoy all the other fundamental aspects of the game: creativity, community, aesthetics, peaceful competition and the struggle for survival in an unfriendly environment. Wurm Online is all about "Create your own world and shape your environment in a matchless sandbox universe"! (Let's face it: if I just want PVP I can have that in dozens of other games - and a lot better at that.)

I believe the trailer should present Wurm's undisputable pros and highlights (PVP is not one of them, imho). Show people what it is that makes Wurm different from all the other MMOs! The trailer should try to answer questions like: "Why should I start playing Wurm Online instead of any of the many MMOs on the market? What's so special about Wurm Online?".

(Just my two cents... :) )

This is not about the percentages, it is about showing highlights of wurm online and a part of that is also showing the pvp aspects. As I said earlier it is going to be a mix.

Not a problem, ill talk to the people involved and i can get some clips sorted for Kratos, and possibly HoM (I wont do Kyara a because I'd only be able to get an outside pic, and B) its not my deed nor am i associated in it in anyway and i;d feel it would be rude and dishonorable). 

To those who are like "Ooooh we'll get infoz on what these deed layouts are like!". Dont get too excited ;) Ill give you just a taster :)

Alright sounds great. Will be interesting to see what you come up with! :) Good luck.

Hey redBaron,

You can use any of my footage from my youtube channel. All of it is in 1080p and my graphic setting are set really high. I still have all of the episodes from before uploading, but yes, they are very large files even after rendering. But as a lot of people upload 720p, squashing mine down even from youtube may look pretty good. 

Milo

Edited by Milosanx

Thinking further ahead, perhaps to the next trailer after this upcoming one.  Perhaps the Devs could add a 'time-lapse camera' feature to the client that would allow people to record days, weeks, or even months of building / landscaping / animal husbandry / farming activities.

It may not be too difficult to implement using dummy character accounts (with major restrictions to avoid problems).  Most of the code is already in place???

Here is what I envision:

*Feature accessible only by special alt character accounts that are skill limited, or have skill leveling disabled.  (only purpose is to log onto client and record video.)

*High vantage point option (camera angle 45 degree from air, flying enabled)

*High vantage point recording only available when within X tiles from the deed they are citizen of.  (to avoid abuse, spying on PvP, etc.)

*Character would be invisible and would not be able to interact with the world.

*Low vantage points/ground level recording allowed off-deed.

*Some sort of '/lockviewpoint' command that will lock the exact position and angle of the 'camera character', so as to not accidentally move position halfway through a week long project, for example.  Perhaps multiple saved viewpoints, with load/save.  The sky is the limit, literally.

*Perhaps a time-lapse utility to take snapshots as BMP (uncompressed) and string them into AVI file.  (3rd party utilities exist, I'm sure, but if it could be in the client itself, it could render a 1080p BMP once every minute without requiring a full blown 2nd client open on the persons computer...wasting GPU resources.)   

*Perhaps this could be used to generate revenue for the game.  I know I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for a cool feature.  (even though we'd be helping advertise, so it's a win-win either way.)

The reason I thought of this was because as I was reading through this forum thread, I was like "Hey!  I really wish I had a camera setup over the last 30 days, about 10 stories off the ground, in a corner of my plot, taking pictures the whole time, cause that would look awesome!

That's my idea of the day.  Enjoy it.

There is currently a timelapse command you can use, it takes jpeg screenshots though.

Guess its a bit hard to keep an alt completely still and running over resets and such though.

Edited by Kagrenac