Sign in to follow this  
Corny105

No Bow Skillgain (Please Close)

I'm trying to hit an archery target with my longbow, and I can't seem to gain any more skill after the first shot.

My skills:

Archery:34.6

Short bow:27.8

Long bow:1.7 3.4

I'm aware of the experience cap but I'm sure it's bugged or I haven't hit it because I am still getting archery experience, and when I use a short bow, short bow and archery experience. Almost every shot now on both bows seems to break the arrows, this didn't happen on short bow until I started using long bow. I have tried hitting animals, but still don't gain any experience. I have tried firing from 10 tiles away, 15 tiles away, 17 tiles away, and 20 tiles away. I have tried killing animals but have too low of a skill to hit them, I'm using 32ql bows with 35-40ql strings.

Is the system bugged or am I doing something wrong?

Edit*

Was able to get one tick at 20 tile distance hitting a target with hunting arrows, guess i'll just have to keep trying that.

Edit*

Slowly getting more, guess it just takes awhile but when training a low bow skill when you have a higher one, you should use better arrows.

Edited by Corny105

Are you trying at night? If so, try during the day when difficulty is lower.

Are you trying at night? If so, try during the day when difficulty is lower.

I have tried in the day, without fog.

New bow skills can often be hard to 'break in'. Just keep going for a while longer at 20 tiles distance, if still no luck, perhaps it's a bug.

• Like 1

i did some archery yesterday killed around 20mobs with short and longbow and gained no bow skill at all, didnt have time to test it more but it could be bugged.

I hunted a few trolls with my bow on epic yesterday and gained some skill with my longbow and my bow parent skill.  Both my skills are over 50.