Sign in to follow this  
RedExorcist1996

Horses Should Be Able To Drag Boats

Me and my friends built a Corbita on top of a hill since our settlement was close by, We thought we would be able up to pick it up and move down but we went over on the weight. Now we have to drag, there should be a option to where you can have your horse pull stuff like boats and other stuff. Realistically if you can drag a boat on the ground so can a horse. I hope the developers take this message very seriously I think it would be improve the game for dedicated players.

• Like 1

You just learned a valuable experience. In Wurm you need to build boats close to water. Happy pushing.

A tip for your next boat, you can - despite the message saying otherwise - build your boat in a cart, then drag the cart to water before you attach the last piece, and the boat will pop out.

A tip for your next boat, you can - despite the message saying otherwise - build your boat in a LARGE cart, then drag the cart to water before you attach the last piece, and the boat will pop out.

Not sure if you can in a small cart, but even if you could build it in there, you would be too weak to drag it once you've attached most of the components.

+1 to a new little faster push/pull option.

Would be nice to rescue abandoned rare forges/looms or just sell them to locals

Realistically if you can drag a boat on the ground so can a horse.

Realistically, if you can drag a boat from up high away from water, then the dragging experience should do damage to the boat depending on the distance traveled and the types of terrain traversed.

• Like 1

I agree there needs to be something to load boats on and move with animals.

Add flatbed trailers XD push items up to them and they pop onto the back XD make em work with chests forges and such

Edited by shadowblasta

in REAL LIFE horses can drag small boats.

In Wurm horses shoudlnt be able to drag any kind of boat.

I just make it clear so Kunalt understands what I ment, althought I thought it was obvious I was talking about the suggestion for the game.

Elephants. They could drag boats. I can't see horses dragging large ships like corbitas and such.

Elephants. They could drag boats. I can't see horses dragging large ships like corbitas and such.

Not just because of "realism", but I think that being able to drag ships would make the world even smaller.   Water access is one of those things that make coastal areas the prefered place for ship builders.     It makes the shores useful, it gives depth and meaning to the terrain.

Or at least that is my point of view.

Realistically, if you can drag a boat from up high away from water, then the dragging experience should do damage to the boat depending on the distance traveled and the types of terrain traversed.

BOATS WITH WHEELS!!!!

Not just because of "realism", but I think that being able to drag ships would make the world even smaller.   Water access is one of those things that make coastal areas the prefered place for ship builders.     It makes the shores useful, it gives depth and meaning to the terrain.

Or at least that is my point of view.

Yeah and leaves the interior areas deserted. So why not allow for this, but like at maximum 5kmh. Don't want to see people using horses dragging ships as the new carts. xp

But we do need more spacious carts, it sux for people with interior deeds to need to do multiple hauls with a cart for ammounts of resources that can be easily shipped on a knarr.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

Don't see reason to continually try to make the game faster, like hitching horses to a boat and letting them pull it along, or adding new carts because people have so much stuff that a Large Cart will take a while.

And to counter that statement I will point out that there is a ton of deeds inland, not as many as coastal land, but I have seen quite a lot inland.

Don't see reason to continually try to make the game faster, like hitching horses to a boat and letting them pull it along, or adding new carts because people have so much stuff that a Large Cart will take a while.

And to counter that statement I will point out that there is a ton of deeds inland, not as many as coastal land, but I have seen quite a lot inland.

As a owner of an inland deed i will love to have this option.

Yes, I can build ships in carts and then before adding the last piece hitch a couple of horses and get to cast to finish it, but no matter that i will love to be able to drag an empty ship from my dry docks on deed to the nearest coast.

I can also make 13-15 100 tiles trips with a cart to lad my corbita or knarr if selling bulks, but will be nice if there was a cart that allows me to cut some of that boring trips.

Also I will love to not to have to load a big ship in that way wen the final destination can be easily reached by carts, but I need to do because i can´t afford to expend 8 hours coming and going to haul a cargo that can fit in a ship.

For certain aspects is ok to have slower pace game, but also there is things where is not ok.

Sadly most people in wurm seems to pair boring and repetitive with challenging or hard wen in fact there are very different things, solving a puzzle can be challenging, being sit in your chair, brainless right clicking and looking at a timer bar is just boring, require no skill and is not hard, since any semi trained chimp can learn to do it in 1 day

• Like 1

KunAlt, you bring up valid pints, and may have just changed my mind on this matter, I will ponder what you have said.

*Tips Hat*

Well, besides what Kun alt just said, slow pace is exactly what drives people away. It doesn't add to the challange or difficulty. Building 100 tiles worth of fences is the same difficulty whether each action takes 10 seconds or 1 second. The only difference is the boredom, and lack of enjoyment, sure its awesome to finish stuff, and whatnot, but seriously, its getting to a point where i have more fun planning my deeds on Warlander's planner than actually doing them in-game. Simply because its too monotonous for no better reason than a false perception of difficulty and "hardcore" game. Which is far from right. Only actual difficult part of Wurm nowadays is the first 4 hours, where you have nothing and are surrounded by a hostile environment, and even that is probably blowing away with the new buffs. All the rest is just numbing grind, which you can do with 2-3 clients open or more while watching TV. If you can afford not to focus on anything that much then you can't claim its difficult.

Says whom?

Common sense, you dont need a royal edict to realice that a huge construction designed to only move in water, would be built near water, or in a place with water access deep enough to sail it.

Common sense, you dont need a royal edict to realice that a huge construction designed to only move in water, would be built near water, or in a place with water access deep enough to sail it.

Well you should know enough that common sense has very little hold on Wogic.

It would be common sense to build boats near water IF you didn't need several play sessions to finish a boat and the knowledge that if a player adds the last parts on the boat you're building he takes possession of your boat.

Well you should know enough that common sense has very little hold on Wogic.

It would be common sense to build boats near water IF you didn't need several play sessions to finish a boat and the knowledge that if a player adds the last parts on the boat you're building he takes possession of your boat.

Come on now, be serious.   You are not being honest when you say that flawed logic should be applied to the game, just because other mechanics are also flawed.   In my opinion, we should strive to make things if not realistic, at least to make some sense and to have some logic and purpose behind it.

Come on now, be serious.   You are not being honest when you say that flawed logic should be applied to the game, just because other mechanics are also flawed.   In my opinion, we should strive to make things if not realistic, at least to make some sense and to have some logic and purpose behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diolkos

• Like 1

"Either vessel and cargo were hauled across on separate vehicles, or only the cargo was taken across and reloaded on a different ship at the other side of the Isthmus.[33] Although a technical analysis has shown that the transport of triremes (25 t, 35 metres (115 ft) long, 5 metres (16 ft) beam), albeit difficult,[34] was technically feasible,[35] it is assumed that the vessels were usually smaller boats rather than ships."

So yeah, the Greek knew how to keybind -Push, and could probably drag the equivalent of Wurms rowboats and sailboats.